X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

lumina, i knew which skirt it was before looking back a page, but i'm glad i did because i'm enamored everytime i see it. didnt realize it was such a narrow pencil shape, maybe the hands are conceptually holding your balance up.

i would wear it to an opera, ballet or maybe a muesem...somewhere where creative juices flow

Comment

• deleuze
      • Jul 2007

Good fit on the jacket Eternal but man something about those pants, just a little too sass-y, good for bide-ing time in a rats infested Williamsburg joint, but here it just looks like a mismatched suit.

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

I'm neither aristocratic, or to the best of my knowledge, irrelevant, but i tell you, black business suits are all wrong.

eternal's suit is not a business suit anyway. nor does he look like a waiter in the last but one pic.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          I'm neither aristocratic, or to the best of my knowledge, irrelevant, but i tell you, black business suits are all wrong.

eternal's suit is not a business suit anyway. nor does he look like a waiter in the last but one pic.
          I prefer grey suits myself, I was merely saying that it won't cause you problems to wear them outside of these very specific situations...
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

Off to play a serious poker game for the first time in a while.
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
              • Feb 2008

sick boots, but the cropped trousers + high socks will make your legs look super short

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                Faust, I'm not criticizing the approach - only the result. I'm not questionning the designer's authenticity either. Artists, whatever the field, more than often believe in what they do. But you can understand the gesture, its meaning, even its necessity as a medium for self-expression, you can even share the doubts, fears, enthusiasms that it's made to convey - and still be dissatisfied with the result. It's a matter of personal taste of course. You don't have to get a liking for everything you understand. I love Ann's reminiscences of adolescence. I don't like Horikawa's.
                It's cool. I respect your opinion. I could see that Julius's style may be a bit too dramatic, while Ann's is maybe more understated and elegant (a bit more grown up, I guess!).
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Horikawa's work is much more subtle than it seems, imo. But his clothes have to be seen and handled in stores, according to Avantster's theorem, not only through the internet. And this is quite impossible here in France.
                  The visit to the showroom changed completely my point of view on his work.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Sure, but between the romantic, contemplative and suffering adolescent souls looking back to Byron and Keats, and Otomo's heroes on their move to postpunk events, who do you think has MM's preference ?
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                      http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll447/mindtwister7/P1070356.jpg
                      Off to play a serious poker game for the first time in a while.
                      bro

these socks do not go at all

Comment

• Avantster
                        ¤¤¤
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        In asian black suits are the basic dressy work outfit but I have no idea why.
                        It probably goes back to the Chinese suit or tangzhuang (唐装), often worn in black in the Qing dynasty by court officials and upper classes. While later replaced by the zhongsan or mao suit, it's become a national costume of sorts worn by the 'common' people.

Also worth nothing that in Japan, black is associated with honor, experience, and nobility (hence black belts) while white is associated with death.
                        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Mim
                          • Aug 2008

picture from a while back, but this is what i wear almost every day.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

I'd like to reassure those who were doubting after seeing this shirt in "my recent purchases" : I can wear it and still look plain boring

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Mail-Moth, if it looks boring, I say it is because you are doing the shirt a disservice by covering it up so! Perhaps a darker jacket, one that is pitch black, may bring out the contrast nicely.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

It's not warm enough yet to forget about wearing a jacket. And I'm still waiting for the tee that will be put underneath when I'll wear the shirt without anything on it. That's the reason.
                                But the jacket is certainly black. It is because of the light that the fabric may look otherwise.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎