X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^i am actually a shadow of my former self. in V-A, I am 5 for tops, 3 for bottoms. ro i am a medium in tees, xl in tanks, xl in leathers, medium in pants and xl in double layers. julius doesn't fit me at all and for ccp, it depends on the particular piece.

Comment

• Addicted
      Banned
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      ^i am actually a shadow of my former self. in V-A, I am 5 for tops, 3 for bottoms. ro i am a medium in tees, xl in tanks, xl in leathers, medium in pants and xl in double layers. julius doesn't fit me at all and for ccp, it depends on the particular piece.
      Ah ok, yeah this sizing is all over the place even within brands and im still trying to figure out what fits.
      Do you fit any of the Japanese based brands? N(n), yamamoto, KKA?

-thanks

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

^ You guys should take this kind of sizing stuff to PM.

Vanna I like how your whole surroundings suit your outfit as well. Literally looks like you're in a completely different timeline haha. That being said I think I don't like your hat purely because it's so trendy at the moment. But you seem to sincerely stand by it, so that's good on you.

Fark. This is way late, but your last fits look uber natural. Looks good man.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Acéphale - great first outfit... Really nice overall silhouette and the pieces work well together. It's not like one piece stands out over another but that everything is just well put together... Somehow your pic reminds me of the (rare) outfits Klang posts. Which is a good thing.
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
            Somehow your pic reminds me of the (rare) outfits Klang posts. Which is a good thing.
            getting more thedevilisinthedetails vibes from Acéphale's fits but anyway
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Hi Vanna, it's been a long time !

Looks like a good one, but I miss the colors a little - and i'm not so sure about the pants tucked in the boots. In fact I'd rather see some lighter footwear here instead of boots - a tad too heavy compared with the upper part of the outfit, I'd say.

Acéphale, what is this jacket you're wearing ?
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
                That's one hell of a Forever 21 outfit—brand synergy without the usual sacrifice of authenticity.
                Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                Oh J, I was totally kidding. Ann, Margiela, etc. Haha.
                double facepalm
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• black beach
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by thaiison View Post
                  first waywt, just finished my last exam and my first year at university.

local firm
                  damir doma
                  guidi
                  what kind of guidis are these? they look really nice.

Comment

• thaiison
                    • Dec 2009

thanks, they are the reversed stag derbies, these

Comment

• alex.a
                      • Aug 2008

acéphale, bravo.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                        Hypothético-inductif :
                        C'est la semelle - la forme de la semelle + plan en élévation (talon + flancs) - qui est décisive, tout le reste est anecdotique.
                        Donc, en effet : MA+, Alden, CCP, etc. = formal shoes

Empirico-déductif :
                        Théorème : Tout ce que le Moth accepte de voir à ses pieds est formel.

C'est pas compliqué, hein ?

Translation :

Shape of the last is the more important thing to define what is formal (and you have to take into consideration the third dimension as well : heel + sides).

But "formal" can be definite faster : "Everything that the Moth will accept to see his feet dressed with".
                        Everyone knows blutchers are casual while oxfords are formal. Please
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          combat boots are not formal either for example

let's try another move... 'formal' applies to clothes that you wear because of a direct and explicit social constraint (form in this sense means a set of aesthetic choices that embodies a social norm certain individuals placed in a specific situation must follow, for example, the politeness formulas in official letters, or the black shoes when you work for a bank). By wearing formal clothes you prove your knowledge of and obedience to the social rule. this rule has been fixed by a tradition, and when the tradition is not recognized anymore, the rule is forgotten, and the cloth loses its meaning. look at the shoes middle managers are wearing nowadays

So, the problem now is that today, many people have an entire freedom (well, at least explicitly, i don't deny the power of collective unconscious forces) for their wardrobe choices. Technically, there is no more formal clothes for them... but most people that are free to wear anything they like are driven by the power of mimesis and wear what their coworkers, parents, friends are wearing.

And there are still some very general principles. There are clothes that are acceptable in serious occasions (work, family meetings, romantic rendez-vous, decadent nightlife...). They are 'formal'. Shoes that are acceptable in these occasions are like Christian describes them. Aldens are formal because in most cases (fashion business and some creative areas excepted) you go to work with Aldens it's ok, you put RO wedges and it's not ok.

Formal in this sense corresponds to what most people consider is worn because someone must wear it, and not because he/she chooses to wear it.
                          Nothing is more formal than combat boots then, after all they are the next step in restrictive; part of a uniform. Now you'll have to consider le detournement (I'd call this recontextualization in english) which would necessite to look at the overall outfit/person/context and posit an hypothesis on their circumstances and intentions, therefore disabling the use of Socratic prescriptive schemes like the one you slily tried to introduce.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Fuuma takes no prisoners.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• alex.a
                              • Aug 2008

okay so i had a day off today and dressed up like that, but it ended raining so i stayed inside...i would like the people opinion on if the shorts with only a tank top looks too girly?

( blah im hairy )

BBS tank top
                              BBS shorts
                              CoN shoes( again not SZ favorite brand but i like a couple of their stuff )

Comment

• couturehomme
                                • Oct 2008

dude....that's a LOT of hair..

very surprised you decided to actually post a pic with SHORTS ON!
                                HAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎