X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Again, I am not telling how to dress - don't misunderstand me. I did not mean to offend you. I would rather not comment at all.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

unwashed u sounding a little aggro today.

hoodie + dress shirt combo is like first level hipster gear. the hoodie acts as a reminder that the alleged hipster really doesn't care after all, regardless of what the dress shirt might indicate. coupled with messy hair = hipster gold

your fit wasn't so obvious (a la urban outfitters), but still in the ballpark...

all meant constructively
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

You're right cjbreed, i've slept only 2 hours last night

Should have left my iphone+jailbreaking/downgrading=restoring alone and just accept 3.0. Better wait till 4.1 i guess, better spend my nighttime in bed :)
        Grailed link

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by merz
          hm. not sure if i'd be classified a, uh, hipster..but about half of my wardrobe consists of something that could very well be a hoodie/button-up combination. what that says i'm not at all certain
          i think you defy classification. it's a good thing
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lazyslave View Post
            do not repost images on the same page
            This is really charming.
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              i think you defy classification. it's a good thing
              I think you too defy classification, and that's a great compliment in my book M.
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mononon
                • Sep 2009

the problem with the whole hipster comparison, not only on sz but everywhere, is it's somewhat getting harder to differentiate hipster lifestyle from anything else, since hipsters tend to play on what is trendy and cool or already implemented in society (but pretend they don't care about it)

i have been wearing glasses since i was a kid, but switched to contacts. now my eyes get very dry, so i wear glasses mainly now, and all of a sudden my glasses are hipster!

i've been riding a bike since i was a child, and now when i bike to the store or to class, i'm a hipster!

i like to listen to electronic music, and now my taste is music is that of a hipster's/

and so on...

p.s. i am not referring to anyone's post in this thread or targeting anyone, just sayin'
                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• mesko
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                  the problem with the whole hipster comparison, not only on sz but everywhere, is it's somewhat getting harder to differentiate hipster lifestyle from anything else, since hipsters tend to play on what is trendy and cool or already implemented in society (but pretend they don't care about it)

i have been wearing glasses since i was a kid, but switched to contacts. now my eyes get very dry, so i wear glasses mainly now, and all of a sudden my glasses are hipster!

i've been riding a bike since i was a child, and now when i bike to the store or to class, i'm a hipster!

i like to listen to electronic music, and now my taste is music is that of a hipster's/

and so on...

p.s. i am not referring to anyone's post in this thread or targeting anyone, just sayin'
                  Second! I don't know how many times I've been called a hipster, even by people who know me fairly well, just because I - oh I don't know - have a moustasche, listen to certain music, dress in a certain way... whatever.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

if it looks like a duck and it swims like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then...

Comment

• mesko
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      if it looks like a duck and it swims like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then...

Haha, well, we really shouldn't start putting things into categories, but in my opinion, hipsters are hipsters also because of their attitude. And I definately don't listen to the same stuff as the local hipsters do, nor do I look like them (not even my moustasche sparks recemblance). Maybe it's my defiance of mainstream culture in general that earns me these remarks?

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

well, like it not, most of us on SZ have some fascination or liking of high fashion (whatever that may be), and hipster fashion and culture has been recently (maybe always, but never really paid much attention) following behind / shadowing the "trends" of high fashion, so sometimes i do admit it is hard to differentiate.
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Magician
                          • Jul 2008

What does "hipster" even mean? or more importantly does it matter?

IMHO it's a lazy term for anyone vaguely in a sub culture that looks confident.
                          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mesko View Post
                            Second! I don't know how many times I've been called a hipster, even by people who know me fairly well, just because I...have a moustasche, listen to certain music, dress in a certain way... whatever.
                            If it looks like the one below, don't worry; you too defy classification.

An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• and gravity

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

wow. i feel unintelligent now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀