• Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

i like it also , u remind me of kazu makino from blonderedhead

Comment

• Lane
      • Aug 2010

Your hair is amazing! The earrings are an interesting accessory which compliment you quite well. I also agree that the leggings go well with the dress for the same reasons. Shoes could have been better, but they aren't bad at all.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Thanks ALL

Hey Lady and Gents,

Thanks a lot for your feedback Joni and CUTUP -- I definitely think that I have the most fun revisiting things I haven't worn in a long time and reworking them with accessories I enjoy now. But I've found that attitude (by that I don't mean as in "copping an attitude") is that one of the most important ingredients to pull off a strong personal style that doesn't seem strained.

Lane: the hair is the result of not having been cut for a year. I braided the bottom finally just to keep it from being so big. As for the shoes - yes, plain jane. I'm sure my Ann D lace-up boots would have been cute, but there is a fine line between Ann D-level styling (so fab, so modern) and caricature Victorian or Edwardian or whatever. With that dress, I had to be careful. (Also, it's raining) Great input, though!

Jogu - haha. I look nothing like her with my bangs pulled aside. Just a funny, coincidental side note, I had a xeroxed zine when I first moved to NYC in 19xx (whatever), and I knew them from hanging out in the LES/Alleged Gallery crowd. Since they were always really friendly to me, it seemed obvious for me to interview them when their first 7" came out. But after Amadeo gave me the number to their place in Chinatown, "someone" kept it the interview from happening and for the rest of the time I lived there, it was nothing but withering looks from Kazu.I was pretty naive I suppose -- I was just a kid who wanted an interview for my zine. So, yeah. I'm definitely not Kazu.

MBD
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Great first WAYWT ! Nice play with the stripes, as it has already been said, nice touch of colour with those bracelets and earrings ; all this forming an intelligent contrast with the simplicity of this white quaint dress - quaint in the best of ways, that is.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

too baby-doll/courtney love/kawaii for my taste, but yes, very quaint and those tights are great. nice mantelpiece and choice of wall color btw.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Eternal, when I scrolled down and just saw your head and scarf you looked like a maruschka doll . But nice pre-winter look!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Frank Leder
                CDGH
                Ann D
                Lost&Found
                Alden

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

good choice on the lost & found M-M

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Coat <-- Japan (jj.still+Hide-san )
                    Pants <-- Oz (move-ment )

Bonus pic from the previous place

Comment

• holger
                      • Mar 2009

Last edited by holger; 11-05-2010, 03:09 PM.
                      Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                      SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Study 2: darkness

And a closer view of the details:

Again, I love playing with old and new.

Long Sleeve Shirt - Helmut Lang. This is literally the first "designer" item I purchased...in 1994. Found at Century 21 and paid for with babysitting money, if I recall. God, I loved the old Helmut. (Slit elbows!)
                        Sleeveless Leather Cowlneck Tunic: RO
                        Leggings: Tao CDG
                        Leg "cuffs": the top half of my Ann D strap pony hair boots.
                        Shoes: thrifted Lanvin heels

Others:
                        Old Ann D belt worn as a vest, held down with a Margiela belt worn reverse side up, same Masaai earring -- in one ear only.

The leg cuffs are unexpectedly practical. They serve to protect my shins when the terrified (or bemused?) kids in my neighborhood go for the knees of the female they see walking down the street.

MBD - p.s. apologies for 2 contributions fast and quick, but deadlines call so this will likely be the last for the weekend.
                        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-05-2010, 03:41 PM. Reason: center images

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Great pics everywhere.
                          Christian: The fit of the coat is...spectacular. The cuff hits so precisely. Fantastic.

mbd

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

^you look really lovely--i love the bits of color--
                            but it must have been quite complicated to put all that together!

welcome, btw.
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by laika View Post
                              ^you look really lovely--i love the bits of color--
                              but it must have been quite complicated to put all that together!

welcome, btw.
                              Thanks for the welcome Laika!

Actually, it takes 3 minutes. I'm not one to fuss - I just arrange it as the muse dictates at that moment!

mbd

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I really like the leg cuffs and the tunic over the shirt looks very cool, but the belt hanging from the neck is a bit distracting
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎