X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
    Yes, I mixed your post and Semper's answer a bit. But I like those pleats actually

Speaking of dark outfits :

Sorry people for the excessive WAYWT posting. Calming down now.
    good to chill on a winnah...this one is great
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

moth this is graphic. really great

Comment

• BUMMER
        • Feb 2010

Holger: Already love the Lost and Found coat as you know, but this look is another fave for me. The fit of the pants, the loose tongue on the boots. Works great.

Metro: I think the look is great as is. It's well-composed (flows nicely from top to bottom) and not many could pull it off so naturally. The texture keeps the red belt, Masai earring, leg cuffs and yellow shoes from being random.
        Remove the Anne belt and you pretty much have to take off the reverse belt, the pony hair cuffs and the Masai earring. Then you'd have a name-brand boring outfit.
        The recurring Inside Out 7inch is nice too!

Raw: Everyone's basically said enough already. Beautiful coat, but too long on you. Creates the illusion that your waist is too high, and that your knees start at the bottom of the coat.

Semper: I normally have mixed feelings about BBS (sometimes seems a bit too detailed/tricky..), but think this looks great on you. You've worked it out head to toe.

Moth: Love the Yohji trench. The Mike Muir/''Suicidal" top button style with the waistcoat/trousers peeking through is best to match the great back details on the trench. Nice! Loving your stroll-through-nature fits lately.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did think the sleeves were a bit too long but I wasn't sure if it was the way the coat was intended to fit because I've tried on some xxx leathers where the sleeve length was perfect so I didn't think my arms were that short .
          I was thinking about wearing my j-pants with the coat but I opted for more formal looking pants in the end to see how it looked. I guess I may have to put up an IC on the coat soon...

MBD: I'm definately not trying to transpose Christian's look onto myself, I just really liked the tailored look of Devoa coats so I wanted to try it out. I'll probably stick to shorter jackets more from now on. Your advice has been helpful though .

Luckily it's hitting summer here soon, so I'll mostly be wearing tees with pants/jeans or shorts for a while. Worry about winter coat/jackets later haha.
          Last edited by Raw; 11-07-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• diorowen
            • Aug 2010

^haha..22'c today..
            I have switched my winter jacket stuff to the end of my closet..prepare for 40'c summer :p..
            and yeah, my beginner eyes also see your coat is too long.just like bummer said it creates an illusion that your leg starts from the end of the coat..when the first I saw it, I know something wrong in your fit, but cant figure out why...haha.but SZgeist people really smart and can directly see the problem...
            btw try not to button it and roll the sleeve probably?
            haha.just my thought.
            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• semper
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
              God, you guys are tightwaistphobic

The good thing about the chest being a little roomy is that I can fit my big bottle green Ann D cardigan underneath ;)

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post

The layering, texture and and grey scale of the outfit are great. I wish I was in Amsterdam today.

Why??
              sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by semper View Post
                Why??
                Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities and it's in a great location and I don't mind the grey clouds and rain.
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• semper
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                  Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities and it's in a great location and I don't mind the grey clouds and rain.
                  Ah ok. Yes, we have plenty of those here.

After having been stuck in a cheap hotel in down town Buenos Aires a week ago, the first thing I noticed upon returning home is how incredibly quiet this place is.
                  sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

I wore something kinda similar today also; a full length carpe coat came just above my boots in a deep forrest green; simple carpe grandad collar shirt in a brownish black size 3 which fits pretty loose on me, simple straight cut 2 piece muji pants with no waist band (my everyday pants these days) in a medium weight black wool, with my brown linen over leathers 5 hole with the linen laces.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

embargo on your waywt pics, snaf, as on poell's 2010?
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

well it has been a while

Comment

• Julius, Cheap Monday, Damir Doma

Comment

• BUMMER
                            • Feb 2010

H O F ! ! !
                            For sheer audacity alone... Is this an off-Broadway performance?

Comment

• BUMMER
                              • Feb 2010

(Clears throat audibly..)
                              But back on-subject... I'd like to see some of these oversize overcoat fits you guys are discussing...!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUMMER View Post
                                H O F ! ! !
                                For sheer audacity alone... Is this an off-Broadway performance?
                                the sweat stains is my favourite part.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎