• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Who - awesome picture
    Faust - coat looks great, I forgot you had this one
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• New trousers

Long sleeve: Julius
      Knit: Object
      Trousers: Ann D
      Wedges: Ann D
      Tote: Self-made

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Awesome. I love the association of the very high waist with the ultra long sleeves.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Really solid look, Flux. Ann D looks good on you, which is no easy feat.
          Faust looking great as well. Love the scarf. Get ready for winter..
          Heirloom for HOwhattheFuck.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thank you, everyone. Bummer - it's Sheepshead Bay. The pants are Devoa slim twist seam and the scarf is Stephan Schneider.

Who - excellent photo, and flux - LOVE the pants.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

this page is really solid.. F & F
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• my favourite yet from you fluxihoney, you make me like black and ann D, which is a BIG achievement. In all it's simplicity it's a HOF for me.

Comment

• seenmy
                  • May 2009

my old camera is simply terrible!i dont have a proper mirror in my apt so just trying to decide on getting the arms on this jacket slimmed down slightly, it will always be a bit off key as its articulated but i think just taking a little in on the fore and upper arm will help the shape

articulated
                  taped high neck
                  invis seam
                  safe

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                    • Nov 2007

Some pics from the past week. I'm not 100% satisfied with any of these fits so comments/criticisms would be appreciated.

Left photo: headed to the John Stewart rally in DC last week. Rick & Dior
                    Center photo: headed out in Bmore after the rally. Drkshdw & Dior
                    Right photo: Friday night drinks. W&H, Zamb, Julius

Comment

• neonrider
                      • Jan 2008

seenmy, from what i can see, i would have it tailored. fantastic, coherent outfit, btw.

brett, i'm all for a solid pair of diors. but i feel like you could do better than pairing it with ricks and t-shirts.
                      ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Going for that dreary institutionalized housing effect:
                        music

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          coat synergy

though not a fan of BBS personally, this look suits you well. even better though, is the color composition. fantastic.

@seenmy -- i fell like an idiot for not knowing the chair designer, but the lines and angles in that pairing are a lincecum K

re: flux, reflex, whats not to like?

looks like the summer doldrums are finally over in this thread
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• TarHeart
                            • Jun 2009

Simply amazing, Flux. Very elegant, perfect.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Hola new friends,

I wrote, wrote, wrote and now I'm back. And I'll write some more to affirm that I am a self-proclaimed member of the Universal Acclaim for Faust's Fit Pic Party. I've spent too much time thinking about the various ways in which a dark palette can be expressed without being too oppressively monochromatic. There are so many details to appreciate: the smoothed placket!, the texture of the scarf layered over it! - like two river stones seen through the current. And looking at the proportions of this composition, it's hard to see how you're on the shorter side. Proportions matter...speaking of which -

Flux: love, love, love. The pants look as if they were made expressly for you. You have chosen the perfect shape of pant to compliment your body shape and even your face. Are the pants two separate pieces or an attached skirt pant combo? Fantastic.

BrettChaotix: you wanted some opinions or suggestions...I think the central photo is emblematic of your "problem" that you've already intuited, which I think is styling flexibility You have some wonderful pieces, but the ways that you've put them together somehow manages to smother the spirit of the shirt, pant, etc. Pieces with a lot of potential look like they've been slotted into very "regular joe" roles. I think one way to really jog the imagination so that it will be possible to create a cohesive look with what you have is to look at the runway shows for the designers you like so that you can see the arc of the designers idea in each show and how those ideas are carried over across seasons to express a sort of philosophy. I think if you understand the designer's idea, it will be much easier to understand how to put your clothing together in creative ways. The first photo, though I can't see it very well, is edging to an idea. Sorry if this comes off as pedantic or confusing - I really want it to be constructive criticism! Hope it helps.

Seenmy: you have some incredible pieces. You should be able to retain the articulated shoulder even after taking the sleeve in -- the coat's proportions relative to your size is slightly off. Good luck...and show us a fit pic if you do have the sleeves brought in.

MBD
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thank you pnod and MBT. Funny, thing, pnod, I am not a fan of

either, this coat being an exception.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎