Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

ochre - you know this already, but those jeans... daaamn... and nice combo with the simple cut of the coat and clean boots. i'd lose the scarf though. not needed, style wise.

eternal - textbook ann. deserves a better camera angle though... and maybe some looser pants for those boots?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ochre, straight to HOF. Sick jeans. I WANT NOW!!!
      By the way, do yours also have those silk(looking) patches? Those turn me off a little bit.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
        • Sep 2009

Thank you, both.

Shucks: perhaps not aesthetically necessary but a guy gets cold in this weather! :)

Faust: No silk. There are some patch jobs throughout the pants but they were done with a black waffle knit material. It actually adds a secondary dimension of texture compared to the bolder stitching. I really like it.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

That's sick. Approaching grail status. I don't think I've seen these on YJapan. What size for a 32" waist - 3?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

Yep, I'd say a 3 would be perfect for you.

They're beautiful pants — certainly the best piece I have in my humble student wardrobe. But it really makes me wish Takahashi was still making work like this.

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

I have been searching for those jeans in a 3 or 4 for a few years. The closest I have seen is a size 2 here and on ebay

The search continues, Ochre, great score
              Originally posted by marco-von
              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Mail-Moth - Eternally Ochre Palette

Mail-moth: classic, classy, brainy-wear as usual. I wish everyone here would go through the CDG archives, buy an inexpensive piece from eBay, and then figure out how to incorporate it into their wardrobe. I think that incorporating CDG into a wardrobe can make anyone move from merely avant-trendy to avant-intelligent. The color palette is one I'd usually stay away from, but it's clear that it was a thoughtful process that led to pulling each of those items together. This is fashion for grownups! (but I can appreciate fashion for the youth here, too.)

Eternal Ack. Men, please don't forget to post clothing data -- I love the soft structure and draping of the jacket in the first image. As shucks notes, I think changing the camera angle would allow us a better view. This angle distorts the proportions, i.e., your legs look much shorter than they appear in other photos. Love, love, love the Ann D vest - are those pony hair boots?

Ochre Wow. Those jeans are incredible. And you are right to pair them with something more "classic" (for this crowd) to balance them - they're so rich with detail that if you looked hard enough I'm certain you could find a city growing within.

There are only a few places where I think you could do differently. You would do well to listen to all the good advice I got in the direction of "less is more" (I think you may have been part of the rally.) The way the scarf is twisted...it's so purposeful that it is riding on the fine line between balance and making the rest of what you're wearing look over-styled. Loosen the scarf, or try a smaller one. The sculptural scarf and jeans in ruins are vying for attention. But, yay...I'm glad you posted a fit pic; in my comprehensive archaeological study of stylezeitgeist and the WAYWT thread (yes, I'm procrastinating), I don't recall having seen on of you there....

Sorry so wordy. Again. Procrastinating.

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

ah. Jun. I should have known.

BTDubs, the detail shot of the intricate denim work + yr pick is an OMG and HOF. And, yes. Where in the world is my pair?

Straight to the Undercover boutique I will go. Or at least YJapan.

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

ochre daaaaaaaaaaam son , god those trousers are nice . u kno somethin tho i actually like the scarf here . when i look at the fit as a whole it all works together , like ya theres a lot goin on with the trousers but the top half is rly quite clean and the scarf doesnt have any fraying or loose ends like the botm half so its not competing or addin to the distressing . i think it adds a nice bit of volume and dimension to the top half and like its not like one of those thin long emo scarves with a gumby tshirt so in this fit i think it works well

Comment

• Ochre
                      • Sep 2009

MBD: I appreciate the thoughtful response. Simplicity is something I hold in very high regard. These pants are by far the "loudest" garment in my wardrobe. I love them because they seem like an extreme study in texture. Actually, the extreme stitching and sporadic quality of them instantly reminded me of Cy Twombly's work.

Of course, I also love them due to their obvious reference to Japanese crust punk culture and how it is at once an homage to that way of life but also an expanded investigation of the formal elements of their clothes.

As for the scarf, I often use them as a way to play with volume since I generally wear slim pants. I never thought it could greatly detract from my the outfit. I'll definitely take it into consideration next time.

And you'd be hard pressed to find me again within this thread. I might have only posted or or two other fits. As I said, I'm a student and don't have much to offer at the moment. I cycle through the same few pieces and wouldn't want to bore the community too much.

edit: just saw your second post. If interested, I have many more higher res images of the pants over at my blog.

jogu: That means a lot coming from you, man. Thanks.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
                        Nice trousers M-M, I swear there are no stockists around for Frank Leder, maybe I'm just blind.
                        They accept orders made by email. At least it worked for me
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Mar 2009

ochre: best jeans ever.

Last edited by ***; 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• gaitortrout
                            • Sep 2010

Oh shit! Stormtrooper sneaks! Sick.
                            pm me.

Comment

• syed
                              • Sep 2010

*** I really like that look . I realize those Rafs are not to everybody's taste, but I think they are on the right side of crazy. I particularly like the fact that you paired them with a more toned down outfit. I like that idea of having one statement piece on an otherwise understated look.

Are you wearing a tank or a t-shirt? I'm picturing a tank, or a cap sleeve, working really well with those trousers. I really like how the b&w makes the outfit look, particularly the strap detailing on the shoes. But at the same time I am trying to imagine how different it looks in colour, especially given the rather bright accents of those shoes.
                              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• JSebbe
                                • Mar 2008

havent seen those since they were sold in store. the future of hiking.
                                cant say i like them, though.
                                but as syed states above me. if they are going to be worn, one better wear it with a "toned down outfit".

ochre, i'll join the bandwagon. fucking awesome jeans. i'd rather see them tucked in with combats, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎