Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Having assaulted your sensibilities with my passive-aggressive reaction to a day of having to work in the Library of Congress -- in the form of a japan mash-up, I feel a need to right the cosmos. (Yes, that *was* what I wore. You know, nothing ventured, nothing gained. No risk, um...no Rick?)

earrings: Ann D
    Junya sweater AD 2006? **note that the manufacturing dates do not correspond with the collection but rather...the date of manufacture. So, this sweater was shown as part of the SS 2007 collection
    Junya skirt AD 2005 **this skirt was presented as part of infamous FW 2006
    "Victorian" (or is it Edwardian?) Boots: Ann D

The design of the Junya skirt is quite clever. The skirt is made of army jackets sewn together: where you see buttoned flaps, they are the epaulets of what were jackets. What were collars create volume by creating soft pleats.

Happy New Year to all,

MBD
    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 09:02 PM. Reason: overcome with neurotic urges of a grammatical nature, date clarifications
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Seriously...this skirt is sick......I am changing from wow..to ugh...back to wow...cannot decide...;)
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

when Junya does good, he does good.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DmD
          • Jul 2010

MDB, love that combination and the skirt is a standout.

Btw, can't wait to see a post with the ma+ boots you picked up.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          when Junya does good, he does good.
          Well said, sometimes I like Junya's ideas more than the resulting clothing, but this is a winner.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

addict What do you mean ugh! That's my man Junya you're talking about. ;)

DmD The shoes did indeed arrive. As predicted, I'm getting used to the toe box. I wonder if I should have ordered a half-size smaller. Boo to that. A picture to come...
            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 12-29-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: dummy

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Damn, MBD. What an amazing end of the year. You are definitely destined to be a HOF regular.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• it's hard to see why anyone with such a spectacular collection of Junya would not be. His garments are fucking mental. Makes me want to be a woman more than I already am...inside.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Haha no worries, looks stunning on you! Its just that junta never worked on me...

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                  addict What do you mean ugh! That's my man Junya you're talking about. ;)

DmD The shoes did indeed arrive. As predicted, I'm getting used to the shoe box. I wonder if I should have ordered a half-size smaller. Boo to that. A picture to come...
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• 123abc123
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    MBD i know you have heard it from almost everyone now but . Absolutely beautiful.
                    BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                      Its just that junta never worked on me...
                      it never worked on me either, and never will due to my physique. If you're talking about Junya mens, you have to very precisely fit within his 'mold' in terms of a man's body and 'look' in order to work the clothes properly. He's not democratic when designing for men at all; his womens has a much more universal appeal.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

that, plus the aesthetic of his menswear is very different from the women's, for the most part. I would love to see him design for men even in a remotely similar manner, but thats a whole other discussion...
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

price is irrelevant. do you have a clothing rack that you can display everything to show us?

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                            price is irrelevant. do you have a clothing rack that you can display everything to show us?
                            Hi there,

I'm not certain if this is directed at me...you would like me to show all my CDG/Junya/Tricot/Tao pieces? please clarify and apologies in advance if I've misunderstood...

I actually think it would be great to start "SZ Archives" -- an archive of pieces owned by SZers and organized by season. I've thought about it but wanted to start it in a neat, orderly way so that it could best serve as future archive and reference for people who are interested in avant-garde designers but feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

This same archive could be a base for people to examine the construction of pieces.

I know all of you out there have amazing pieces in your collections that I would certainly love to see them! Perhaps, this would be a way to see the things in the closets of those who choose not to participate in WAYWT.

As for my collection? Well, I could add them to a future archive, or I could retain the mystery so that there is a surprise every time...

Cheers,
                            MBD

p.s. thanks ALEKS for you know what.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ SZ archives would be epic.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• North
                                • Sep 2008

I actually have a friend who is indexing garments per designer per season, but not on runway but on wearer.
                                i dont know if it ever took off, but its a nice inspiration for here.

DmD as many said here, its beautiful, I consistently enjoy your outfits.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎