Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

What did you do to the dipped sneakers or did you cop a third pair with white dipping?
    Either way they look great!
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• seenmy
      • May 2009

the blacks shed their skin!I got them scuffed and they were in a mid ground that i wasnt keen on,being bored and impulsive i started to pick at a flake of latex and it came away like a top layer to reveal a cleaner cream layer, a few hours later they looked like this.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
        the blacks shed their skin!I got them scuffed and they were in a mid ground that i wasnt keen on,being bored and impulsive i started to pick at a flake of latex and it came away like a top layer to reveal a cleaner cream layer, a few hours later they looked like this.
        Brave move but well worth it.
        I saw a pair of black derbies once that had white dipping, looks almost as good on your DIY sneakers.
        Did the whole thing including the sole come off?
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• seenmy
          • May 2009

I just did the sides,the sole would come off the black is just like a skin almost it seams,no real point picking the soles as it will wear naturally anyway

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

I just did the sides,the sole would come off the black is just like a skin almost it seams,no real point picking the soles as it will wear naturally anyway
            Thanks.
            Good to know that some destruction on the latex is not the end but can also be the birth of a whole different thing.
            Still waiting for my black cordovan pair, should be with me in february.
            Fingers crossed.

Comment

• seenmy
              • May 2009

haha its like 2 for 1!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Great sneaks Seenmy, as if they're living, breathing objects. But, sigh, where's a girl to get her LUC wrong tension pants?

BSR: Never a mistake with you, it seems! Gorgeous.

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

BSR and seenmy Fuckin' ace. Workin' them sissypees

Last one before the new year

Sarti
                  Rick
                  Adeline
                  m.a+
                  m.a+
                  MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• DmD
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    And speaking of which, as a long-time member of Myopics of 'Merica, I don't think glasses are limiting. Rather, I think that having a few pairs opens possibilities: each can change a look dramatically. And yes, some won't square with certain aesthetics, but others will. (Ultimately, I prefer glasses that naturally fade into the face, so it won't be "here come the glasses!" Not all of my frames fit this criterion.)

For example:

are quite different (apologies in advance for placing non-WAYWT images in this thread -- this is meant to illustrate a point, I think.)
                    I think you are right, glasses don't have to be limiting and can enhance an overall look. Btw, those glasses look great, I'd love to see them worked into one of your waywt. I wish there were more glasses in the the waywt posts.

BSR and seenmy, great as always. Good to see the posts I'd been missing them.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

BSR, seenmy and merz perfect fits! I feel in sync with you guys! especially seenmys luc-fit, wore my alpaca knit yesterday and the j-pants today. My two favourite pieces.

B, fencing fits spot on and I knew it would when we talked about it! Perfect xmas gift for yourself!

happy new year guys (and gals) !

Comment

• BBYY
                        • Mar 2008

Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

^^ i want your jacket. should have bought it from swami when i had the chance..

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

and i want the boots.. cant believe i didnt cop those when they were on the market for like 500..
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Two ace fits on this page.
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Goodbye 2010. Thank you for not being cruel.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎