Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

@MBD: you don't stop to amaze me. You haven't posted one fit that wasn't great at least and you always bring something new to the table. Your positive and fresh vibe really makes this forum a better place. Thanks.
    Sorry if I sound like a fucking hippie!
    Keep em coming!
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
      Guilty as charged.

Since Dis has really stepped up to the glasses challenge (the above pic is one of the best Ann D fits I've seen here - the riding boots in particular), I will participate, even if it requires that I look like a 12 year old boy. To subject you to this I must either love you all, or hate you all...
      Thanks MBD. I know it's not the standard black skinny pant, leather jacket look favored by a lot of people on SZ but I like to switch things up.

Those glasses seem to fit you very well. Great relaxed look and feminine enough that you don't look like a "12 year old boy".
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
        I can't get my mind around how many of you guys that just spend 4200 Euro on a leather jacket and it doesn't seem like it was something most of you had saved up for since forever...
        ^^

oh, and MBD i second what notorioust said.

(typing that made me wish we all just used our real names)
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• croatoan
          • Jul 2007

Comfy black blur. Unfortunately the poor quality just blends it all together and makes it a bit jump-suitish.

Last edited by croatoan; 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• DmD
            • Jul 2010

MBD
            Those glasses are great MBD, and I love the casual simplicity of this look. As others have said you bring a great fresh perspective to this forum... so I hope you stick around.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Eloquent as usual, Q. Reminds me of the gaping hole in my wardrobe that requires filling with knits with gaping holes in the upper rear neck.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
                grandma's embryo

5char
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• DmD
                  • Jul 2010

Looks great merz. All black at odd angles suits you.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

MBD so cute
                    crotoan & merz Very nice and comfy fits, all black looks great on y'all

Rick Owens
                    Damir Doma
                    InAisce
                    m.a+
                    m.a+
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

nice photos. i love those pants.

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Fark this has to be your best one (at least IMO).
                        Looks natural and relaxed, a great simple fit. But I would remove the Damir (?) layer under the In Aisce longsleeve, necks dont seem to match...
                        The pants fit you perfect...
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Fark: I think think your recent angle-heavy fits *do* are, um, "off the chain", just as many of us suspected they would be...but I hope that you don't give up experimenting with draping. How's about some incorporating? Would love to see how you do it...

Merz For me, the toe shape on you is so right - I love that you don't force the "fetishized" boots on yourself. So true to self...

A question for all, but a preface is required first: since I think it's important to edumacate oneself to participate here and just because it's fun to see spring vs fall fits, I looked at all the WAYWT posts deep into the beginning of last summer (again).

This question is asked sincerely -- it's certainly not an oblique effort to hear more validation: I am curious to know, for those of you who mentioned "a fresh perspective" in your kind comments to me, what that means, really, to you? No need to continue discussion of a certain 15 year-old boy in high heels found somewhere in those months, but reading the responses to his post prompted some thoughts in my own mind. (I attempted to avert my eyes...but I...couldn't, and then it was too late. Couldn't use my optical time machine to unread the posts). I'd love for you those of you who care to, to elaborate your understanding of "fresh perspective," particularly as I am wearing SZ-type things that aren't particularly unusual.

Also, having mentioned The Boy That Started a Melée, let's not continue - the lil' mention was enough, methinks.

I think discussion alongside the posts makes it all the more rich (in the American and Brit senses.)

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• DmD
                            • Jul 2010

I'd love for you those of you who care to, to elaborate your understanding of "fresh perspective," particularly as I am wearing SZ-type things that aren't particularly unusual.
                            Maybe "fresh perspective" was not the most eloquent or accurate description. I guess I'm responding to the fact that you are one of the more active female participants - which is a fresh perspective for me. I wish there were more female posters. You also wear glasses and are an newer member. Not sure if all this = fresh, but that's where I was coming from.

I think discussion alongside the posts makes it all the more rich (in the American and Brit senses.)
                            Complete agree!

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

yeah maybe "fresh face" is better. and the passages that accompany the pics are a "fresh" component as well...

Comment

• trentk
                                • Oct 2010

5 shades of black, 5 textures.
                                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎