X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

To drape or not to drape

To return to the original word in the quote, just BE yourself. This is too much jukebox best of SZ dressing.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

Seeing things in B&W

Getting a lot of wear out of my pony hair boots and I finally restrung (for the 4th time) my bead and skull necklace. The leather shirt is from around '99.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Good stuff on this page. Fark, it kinda looks like you're carrying a small child or larvae under your draperies. I'd tone down the front.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Enaml you made me think of kuato just before dinner
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

Fark Honestly, I'm sure that you're levels above the orch-e-dorks that -- well, at least that *I* was -- at that age (-ish. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm guessing under 20.)

But then again, I had half-off days at Goodwill to work with. To wit, a recently found high school newspaper clipping -- long forgotten...an interview with my band, thanks -- in which I am wearing grandfather trousers and with hands in pockets, casually *licking* a police car. (Shiver.) My economics teacher had this to say: "not very lady-like."

The difficulty with this draping experiment is that 1) on a RO jacket, the sleeves will be super long, so they'll stack. And MA+ pants, unless they are cropped, will be stacked. And the center...well, you know. Further, you're shooting in a contrasted b&w which will heighten the shadows...making what you've put together seem more draped than it likely is.

A light drape would be fine, I think -- say from the gentle folds of a shirt with ballooned seams, or from the weight of the cotton hem, for example -- under the jacket.

Keep on keeping on.

Mail-moth Mastery, per usual.

Jogu Another kind of mastery. And I especially like it because Chicago is a leopard print on leopard print on a leopard print (all different spots, though!) kind of place.

warmly, mbd
            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 01-07-2011, 01:55 PM. Reason: caint rite
            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

re: my last WAYWT -- I think by "fresh," you really meant "Amish." But now, finally, I have arrived at my Rumspringa year...

DD
              Ann D nabuk leggings/belt
              Palais Royal schzknit jkt
              MA+ bison backlace

Q: please pass along word to Il Signor, the women are here and would like more...

MBD
              Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 09:22 PM.
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• ES3K
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                To drape or not to drape

To return to the original word in the quote, just BE yourself. This is too much jukebox best of SZ dressing.
                exactly what i thought... only missing tornado diesels and a paul h jacket

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Another hit, MBD. I sounds like a broken record.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DmD
                    • Jul 2010

MBD, I was waiting for a post with your new MA+ backlace. Excellent! Those boots are in perfect balance with your outfit.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

nice Q cardigan is a killer piece maybe the best version he has done
                      great mdb i need a new pair of ma+ boots
                      and jogu love the dickies; nostalgia for old skating days
                      fark shame those pants were too big for me otherwise i would have got them to match my boots: there was a jacket as well wasn't there ?

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

The one dude on the last page reminds me of why i hate this thread every time i click to it.

But mbd makes it all better. Those ma+ boots are killer. merz looking cozy as well. very at home in your attire.

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by merz
                          luc blur, but at least with more regularity. here's to a new year.
                          I hope you would take better photos... From what I can infer your last fits have been ace but I'ld appreciate a better quality like e.g. on the HOF pic with the signals knit...
                          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                            exactly what i thought... only missing tornado diesels and a paul h jacket
                            oh come on...i'd say with few exceptions it's all a copy/paste fest, and Fark has never displayed any attitude unlike some others. leave him alone.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

MBD - the ma+ boots look perfect (i can't remember what your concerns were, but there shouldn't be any) - great outift....one of my favourite so far!

Merz - you tease us not stating what you are wearing - love the layering - would be interested to know what they are
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                                oh come on...i'd say with few exceptions it's all a copy/paste fest, and Fark has never displayed any attitude unlike some others. leave him alone.
                                bingo. fucking ridiculous the gyp that guy gets.

on a more positive note, mbd's outfits are consistently fantastic, esp the last one. lovely cardigan thingy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎