X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    oh come on...i'd say with few exceptions it's all a copy/paste fest, and Fark has never displayed any attitude unlike some others. leave him alone.
    copy & paste fest? some brands and key pieces are reoccuring, i agree. but then waywt is mainly a presentation of very unique personal styles, imho. and few exeptions seem to me trying too hard. personally i think sz is perfect for style evolution, inspiration ... but the wrong place to find your style, grtting into here too early might be kind of dangerous me thinks...

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

it's getting to be too much about the clothes
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
        copy & paste fest? some brands and key pieces are reoccuring, i agree. but then waywt is mainly a presentation of very unique personal styles, imho. and few exeptions seem to me trying too hard. personally i think sz is perfect for style evolution, inspiration ... but the wrong place to find your style, grtting into here too early might be kind of dangerous me thinks...
        Now it's my turn to agree. 100%.

I don't get how you can go from RO space age drag queen whatever looks to some grandpa (or ma?) or thrift store looking things like Harnden and say it's my style. Just saying it's too different from each other, nothing negative implied.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
          Now it's my turn to agree. 100%.

I don't get how you can go from RO space age drag queen whatever looks to some grandpa (or ma?) or thrift store looking things like Harnden and say it's my style. Just saying it's too different from each other, nothing negative implied.

Yeah, we have seen too many 180s here, nowadays it seems to be more about the hype than the personal style...

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

I turn my style every day, from Rick goth space ninja, to dressy silk scarf office clerk, to XXX bohemian, back to goth ninja...And its still my style, I can't see why it shouldn't be possible to try to master different aesthetics....
            Last edited by theaddict; 01-08-2011, 04:19 PM.
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

We surely don't mean the difference of business clothing and free time clothing. This is missing the point.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

I don't think that's what SA meant.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

agreed with theaddict. it's fun to change things up every once in a while. there's no mandate to wear the exact same thing every single day or for that matter to adhere to a consistent look or silhouette. wearing a few billowy layers under a motorcycle jacket isn't a capital offense. it looks warm and comfortable. it is what it is and it looks no better or worse than most other outfits on these pages.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

This is missing the point as well. Sorry guys. I don't know where you're coming from and i can't judge it. But to buy an entire wardrobe of SZ approved brands within a year, brands which are totally different from each other, is at best: confused. To have a growing wardrobe, or changing wardrobe over some more years is something totally different, even more if you can make new clothes look like they belong there. It's not too difficult if you now what you want. No hastily assembled closet can compare to that.

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

I'm with FtB. Fark is, for the most part, consistent with RO. I don't see his latest contributions as him buying into the "SZ aesthetic" (whatever that means). More importantly, no one bats an eyelid when older and longer standing members decide to experiment and jump from CCP to RO to MA+ to God knows what else, while simultaneously mixing different silhouettes. I don't care whether or not people wish to call it disingenuous, but I do have a problem with double standards, which is what this seems to be.

When Fark first got here, admittedly he was a bit garish in his approach and it earned him a lot of enemies. Amid lots of outcries, serious advice, and blatant trolling, the lad decided to take a step back and look at the place and the subject matter critically. He finds something he likes for what it is, not necessarily for acceptance, and people still won't leave him alone. It's not as though his level of "balling" is unheard of. He did precisely what people suggested he do, and he still can't catch a break. It's a good thing this guy is thick-skinned.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                        • Jan 2010

So sorry for starting all this guys. I feel comfortable with what I wear. I'm not looking for acceptance I just like listening to serious advice.

I dunno guys.. Just so sick of all the farkbashing, it's just getting old..
                        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I was the one who advise Fark to take a step back and consider what he is doing here and then decide what to do. I guess he did and decided to return. I find it hard to judge him. I feel like these matters will sort themselves out with the passage of time. I do find it sad that he is conspicuously absent from fashion discussion apart from posting his fits... on virtually daily basis. But, anyway, I don't have a strong opinion either way (that's a first!).
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

true, notice the ph bandwaggoning. Anyway, I applaud that at his age he has the means and the interest, as I only had one of the two at that age. Whether he was into ed hardy or ro, I think that age just brings about exploration and self discovery and I would bet that no one here had a 100% dyed in the wool style or personal sense of it and many people still don't as they move from one direction to another

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            I'm with FtB. Fark is, for the most part, consistent with RO. I don't see his latest contributions as him buying into the "SZ aesthetic" (whatever that means). More importantly, no one bats an eyelid when older and longer standing members decide to experiment and jump from CCP to RO to MA+ to God knows what else, while simultaneously mixing different silhouettes. I don't care whether or not people wish to call it disingenuous, but I do have a problem with double standards, which is what this seems to be.

When Fark first got here, admittedly he was a bit garish in his approach and it earned him a lot of enemies. Amid lots of outcries, serious advice, and blatant trolling, the lad decided to take a step back and look at the place and the subject matter critically. He finds something he likes for what it is, not necessarily for acceptance, and people still won't leave him alone. It's not as though his level of "balling" is unheard of. He did precisely what people suggested he do, and he still can't catch a break. It's a good thing this guy is thick-skinned.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              I won't name names but I agree, there are so many other people on here that do this. How rare is it that somebody can make some freshly kopped CCP/Guidi/Ann D. boots or whatever look so remarkably personal when god knows how many other people on the forum are posting the exact same items. But let me ask another question, how necessary is it to have such an individual look? Or can mastering a look in general be enough? Of course we all love posters like Jogu and MM whose personal style is so clearly defined but if that is the standard then at least 50% of waywt posters shouldn't bother posting.
                              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• ES3K
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                                I turn my style every day, from Rick goth space ninja, to dressy silk scarf office clerk, to XXX bohemian, back to goth ninja...And its still my style, I can't see why it shouldn't be possible to they to master different aesthetics....
                                well i do either. but it's always you i pressume and not a disguise. that's the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎