No announcement yet.

What are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's sad that people automatically pinpoint this at Fark when mentioning the SZ hype, when the statements were made in more general manner.

Although money does play a role in what we can acquire, it is just so not the point here. As used as this quote sounds, money does not buy authenticity or style.

I think DRRRK and Beardown explained it very well, you either got it or you don't.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

fixed...

Originally posted by theaddict; Man, I wished I could write like
      beardown...
      His epistle should end the discussion. For the love of God, I hope so.

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

I think this sums it up very nicely.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        And I still don't think you can buy personal style. That's still something you have to earn the old fashioned way and that takes time, passion and dedication.
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eye View Post
          Nice! LUC blazer fits good on you.
          Do I spy the raw silk cardigan underneath? I don't think it goes well with the jacket. Well, maybe it does but the small part looking out at the bottom of the blazer looks odd... And: I think the gloves don't match at all.
          Other than that, nothing to be "completet" about this outfit. The jeans and the ma+ derbies do a great job. And - by the way - those derbies are nice
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

^ only gripe i have with the fit is the various shades of black in the outfit. from the blazer, gloves, bottoms to the boots. and then the light brown soles of the boots. unsettles me a little. but then, it could just be me.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Hello Cruel Year

I am the only one searchin' for you
              And if I get caught
              Then the search is through
              And the stories you hear, you know they never add up
              I hear the natives fussin' at the data chart
              Be quiet, the weather's on the night news
              Empty homes, plastic cones
              Stolen rims, are they alloy or chrome?
              Well, I've got style
              Miles and miles
              So much style that it's wasted

Now she's the only one who always inhales
              Paris is stale and it's war if we fail
              And in the migrant hotels, they never sleep
              They never will
              Their souls are crumblin' like a dirt clawed hole
              Your cigarette cupped to the inside
              Empty homes, plastic cones
              Stolen rims, are they alloy or chrome?
              Well, I've got style
              Miles and miles
              So much style that it's leavin'
              This pattern's torn and we're weavin'
              This pattern's torn and we're weavin' in it
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

About fucking time.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

nice one nod just what snaf ordered
                  Last edited by snafu; 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Lol. I don't think we should conflate relatively easy acquiring of stuff for lack of appreciation. They can co exist. Shall I be required to get an advanced degree in rick before I buy thee showtek?

UOTE=mrbeuys;281361]Be careful what you wish for.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Be careful what you wish for.

'Splanashun, please!

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          siding with SA again. its boring to look the exact same everyday. but mixing it up is an indulgence that is earned. it requires experience, confidence and skillful styling to not look like some kind of "i'll take one of everything" consumerist dress up party.
                          Right on, CJ - being able to pull off different "looks," silhouettes or whatever is that (not-so-elusive-on-SZ) thing we could call style. And no, we're not dropped from the womb, as much as we'd like to think, with it: it takes some serious commitment and the inevitable making of mistakes.

Someone asked a question about along the lines of "is mastery of one style enough?" I'd prefer to think that wearing what I'm wearing is more an act of mastering me/the essence of me than of a conscious mastering of a "style" -- that suggests that style is all is material. In my opinion it's not simply that. It's also an attitude. A world view. A aesthetic disposition.

MBD

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Shall we move this to a new thread for those interested in carrying on the discussion - something along the lines of "what role does aesthetics play in your life?"

Let me know if a thread that covers the subject already exists. If it does, perhaps it's the right time to revitalize a theme that returns as surely and as cyclically as the sun at dawn. In any case, the subject seems to provoke sufficient reaction to require a place to discuss it...

MBD

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              Lol. I don't think we should conflate relatively easy acquiring of stuff for lack of appreciation. They can co exist. Shall I be required to get an advanced degree in rick before I buy thee showtek?
                              Heard you can pick one up through an online course at the U of Phoenix. Course code: ROCK123 in case you want to kop.

MBD

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BSR
                                2011: no fun
                                well actually i've posted a bit too fast this morning
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎