• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Consistently amazing, MBD.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

L'M
      Adeline Basely
      m.a+

I do realize the cuffs are too voluminous. Will get to tailoring it later.

MBD, That's beautiful really.
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

kuugaia is bringing new meaning to 'gothninja'. Cool pic, though.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

^ . I was hesitant on posting up the pic, but it's just a little bit of fun haha.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

WAYWT/CCP thread synergy - dedicated to Crouka

Classifieds outfit
            CO/10 2009 jacket <= Holger
            Soleless sneakers <= Dannyagency
            Gloved knit <= Yan
            TEER 2009 trousers <= AKA*NYC

Last edited by Chant; 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Could we move Christians first picture to the HOF please...............
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

^ with derbies instead of sneakers this would be HOF for me... These sneakers don't match at all IMHO.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  ^ with derbies instead of sneakers this would be HOF for me... These sneakers don't match at all IMHO.
                  With derbies, this outfit would have been boring.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

^ I absolutely agree. Derbies are the safe choice, but would the ensemble have been "sick as f*ck." Nah.

Wire - a little late, but I wanted to mention how lovely your recent fits have been -- particularly since I've been waiting, practically forever to see a properly lit fit. (Yes I joined Oct-10 and this is "forever" in the sense of "teenager's time.") Is the hat from the Yo** company? I'd been thinking about picking the Borsalino YYPH fedora for quite some time now.

Christianeef - ah my user name. Failed attempt at irony? I've only lived in the countryside and in dense urban areas. I have anything but a salaryman's job. I've never commuted, etc. The avatar is of a wolf badge that denotes my membership in a club (with two [sad, noise/black metal-listening, sensitive] members). You know...throwing up signs?! I guess I have to "rebrand" myself. ALSO, dying to see a fit from you. When will it happen?

I agree with your assessment of Kuugaia's fit. Not a fan of organic patches myself, but, insofar as the women's M.A+ is concerned, some pieces work fine with certain Ann. I definitely call HOF for the castle, though. (near Osaka, right?)

MBD
                    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM. Reason: comments for Christian
                    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

I prefer the term classic instead of boring
                      I have a preference for clean outfits with no eyecatcher or sth. For me, the shapes / cut of the clothes would make the fit. I think the 'existentialist' severity looks great on you.

But regarding your choice for the sneakers. As I said - all in my humble opinion
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

with ordinary sneakers this would not have worked,
                        but these are coagulated monstrosities so the create a point of interest that defies the traditional rules of taste and coherence.............
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Yan
                          • Mar 2008

Classifieds outfit
                          CO/10 2009 jacket <= Holger
                          Soleless sneakers <= Dannyagency
                          Gloved knit <= Yan
                          TEER 2009 trousers <= AKA*NYC

Looks a million times better on you than I.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            With derbies, this outfit would have been boring.
                            Very true and first pic is HOF for sure!
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

I prefer the term classic instead of boring
                              I have a preference for clean outfits with no eyecatcher or sth. For me, the shapes / cut of the clothes would make the fit. I think the 'existentialist' severity looks great on you.

But regarding your choice for the sneakers. As I said - all in my humble opinion
                              Yes, "classic" = "boring" in my book.
                              Removed the previous one, and uploaded another pic where the sneaks/trousers combination can be seen better. But I'm sure that I won't make you change your mind.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                ^ really hof? not really sure how well the panelled leather leggings and strappy ann d sneakers go with ma+. no doubt on the comfortable side for being out and about, whihc is fine, but like mob deep says: its like mixing vodka and milk.
                                thats what i liked about it. i have a good bit of ma+ in my wardrobe and i appreciated him taking a risk by styling the aviator, which is a pretty strong looking piece, with the rest of the look. its not that easy and i was thinking that i would never have done that but somehow he made it look natural so big props from me

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                                I think the outfit is coherent but maybe a little busy. Not sure about HOF though, that gets thrown around an awful lot. And hey, I like a White Russian!
                                well i've always been pretty up front about wanting lots of pics in the hof. i want it to have a lot of content because its a good place for the uninitiated to browse and get an idea of SZ's personal style and to see the designs we discuss being put to good use.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎