• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

My town, the museun, cloudy afternoon

Last edited by Chant; 03-29-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• BUMMER
      • Feb 2010

123: Decent silhouette (At least the clothes fit you and you aren't trying to force yourself into something that doesnt' fit your size or age..!), but Faust is right about the color issue. If you're going to do the blue/black thing (which I normally love) you have to tighten up your blacks a bit. The shirt is indeed greenish and the straps on your shoes/trainers have a distinct brown to them. Esp in the sunlight as you can see.. The blue cardigan on top just throws it all out of whack.
      I don't see any reason to tell you to get new boots as this is probably your fave part of this look. I'd say work with the black and subtle brown elements in the shoe. Would be curious to see an oversized cardi in black with subtle brown details or a jacket in a similar color?
      Incidentally, maybe borrow MBD's gold lame' coat that Merz is wearing above..^^voila'..

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

Merz, is this what is underneath?

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

im guessing its a yohji bag under the coat

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Good sport son!
            I am in awe of that scarf

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

merz's large ass aside, i thought that was a toilet he was standing in front of at first glance. oh mine eyes..
              sain't

Comment

• the funny thing with that Forme coat is that the most beautiful side of that fabric is inside the garment, behind the lining, so you never see it. i've made garments from the same fabric.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                  when in r'lyeh...

temporarily hijacking mbd's forme coat.
                  for the record, i am wearing gold lame.
                  hah! my girlfriend has the same coat. it's amazing. that fabric is something else.

Christian, was the museum closed? Empty parking lot.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 123abc123
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Well, short of saying "change everything," I think the buckled Prada sneakers must go first. Get a pair of laceup boots. Then get rid of the Gap-inspired cardigan. The rest is passable. But, it would also be nice if you could learn about color combinations. I think we have something on it somewhere. Navy and green (or is that greenish gray?) is a pretty jarring combo.
                    *they're gucci's -.- (hopefully i won't get more shit on that alone, lol)*
                    The hardest thing about editing my wardrobe, I have to say has been editing my shoes, especially since those r so comfortable but note taken. Also, I have looked throughout for a thread abt color combinations but cant seem to find it. Does anyone remember the name of it?

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    Ah, SZ WAYWT: a comprehensive tour of dorm rooms the world over...

123abc123: A next baby step? Subtract oversize t-shirts for something more fitted or more structured.

And to offer some praise, sort of? Well, at least you are trying. Have to start somewhere...
                    Lol, kk got it. thanks. Oh, and btw next time try not to post right before me, I mean its prty hard to follow after u. :)

Originally posted by BUMMER View Post
                    123: Decent silhouette (At least the clothes fit you and you aren't trying to force yourself into something that doesnt' fit your size or age..!), but Faust is right about the color issue. If you're going to do the blue/black thing (which I normally love) you have to tighten up your blacks a bit. The shirt is indeed greenish and the straps on your shoes/trainers have a distinct brown to them. Esp in the sunlight as you can see.. The blue cardigan on top just throws it all out of whack.
                    I don't see any reason to tell you to get new boots as this is probably your fave part of this look. I'd say work with the black and subtle brown elements in the shoe. Would be curious to see an oversized cardi in black with subtle brown details or a jacket in a similar color?
                    Incidentally, maybe borrow MBD's gold lame' coat that Merz is wearing above..^^voila'..
                    :) ha, thanks for the advice... If someone could please pm me abt a color combination thread, blog, tutorial, etc. I would be more than happy to look into it.

Thanks guys
                    BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• 123abc123
                      • Aug 2010

Rip me a new one:

I know u guys dont like 2 many pics of the same fit, but there's a joker shirt underneath that... if u wanna see it it's on both my blog and sf.
                      BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

my wife has a forme coat of the same fabric, it is outstanding

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                        the funny thing with that Forme coat is that the most beautiful side of that fabric is inside the garment, behind the lining, so you never see it. i've made garments from the same fabric.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

^

Merz: stealing my spot *and* my coat.

In all seriousness, this coat is too big for me (thought it still looks fine and good, or so says my magical thinking). Given that all whose partners own the coat seem to have come out of the closet -- as it were -- would anyone like to trade for this 44?

(And the bastard fits better in my clothes than I do!)

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Structurally, this ensemble is quite similar to the Ann extravaganza of my last post, but the aesthetic direction manages to veer in a totally different direction.

RO grosgrain coat,
                            Hussein Chalayan silk dress,
                            APC tights,
                            And those Dick Oven wedges about which I will always remain ambivalent but are just too easy to put on when I'm -- inevitably -- running out the door. (And yes, I *can* run in them. If nothing else, they are perfectly balanced.)

MBD
                            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 10:50 PM.
                            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Aleks
                              • Feb 2009

My favorite from you T.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

supercute, MBD.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X