• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    Notorious, you forgot to add 'mailmothian beard' to the list
    Story: Mailmoth broke into seenmy's closet, but had to brag about his new treasures, so posted here as Notorious.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Story: Mailmoth broke into seenmy's closet, but had to brag about his new treasures, so posted here as Notorious.
      Come on guys, its just my dads genes for red facial hair!
      And before new stories come up he is not french!
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Just having some harmless fun!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Just having some harmless fun!
          Same here!
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
            (Piece from a gallery? Post 32924)
            What is this?
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              One man might find something gross, while another find the same thing beautiful, but that doesn't change the definition (objective properties) of beauty. The difference between the two individual is that they have a different perspective, but what about the thing itself, outside of each mans perspective, does its qualities or properties change?
              I feel this makes more sense than what we were approaching before, but I still fail to see how beauty is an objective value, as opposed to a sociocultural one? And I don't mean what specifically is beautiful, rather the concept of beauty itself being a distinctly human thing. I don't think that any certain thing has the property of beauty. I think that's more of an individual synthesis based on the perceived object, no? Closer to linguistics than to ontology... It's like saying that "The Good" exists in reality in my opinion.

Notorious, you're notably clad in CCP, it's almost like you're cheating but you look so good.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• mononon
                • Sep 2009

notorious --> so dope. ccp leather fits like a glove on you

abc --> i think that leather is a size too big perhaps?
                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  What is this?
                  Nick Van Woert - "Breaking and entering"

Amazing!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

T - agree with zamb - both great, but think the second shot is spot on buddy....there is nothing that i don't like about it.

how the blisters going with those horse dipped?

and you didn't tell me you were hollywood harrelson....

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      T - agree with zamb - both great, but think the second shot is spot on buddy....there is nothing that i don't like about it.

how the blisters going with those horse dipped?

and you didn't tell me you were hollywood harrelson....

Hahahaha, a man needs his secrets.

The breaking in time was much shorter than I had thought/feared when I first got them.
                      Worked with shoe trees for the first couple of days and after some wear they are perfect now.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                        I feel this makes more sense than what we were approaching before, but I still fail to see how beauty is an objective value, as opposed to a sociocultural one? And I don't mean what specifically is beautiful, rather the concept of beauty itself being a distinctly human thing. I don't think that any certain thing has the property of beauty. I think that's more of an individual synthesis based on the perceived object, no? Closer to linguistics than to ontology... It's like saying that "The Good" exists in reality in my opinion.

But indeed, good does exist in reality, our conception of these things, is a recognition of things that exist, whether we perceive them or not.
                        A lack of perception, or articulation of a concept does not mean the nonexistence of the thing, it means a failure of the human mind to grasp the concept or to verbalize and communicate in a way that others can understand.

take for example a child, even before the child knows how to communicate verbally, if you treat the child with love and care it knows, of you hurt the child it knows.............therein is an example of an instinctual understanding of "goodness" before the mind of the child is able to grasp or verbally communicate anything.

The sociocultural aspect of beauty is how we are educated to perceive different things as being beautiful at different times, but that doesn't dismiss beauty itself.........the concept is objectively constant and cannot be altered, Our perception might be different over time.
                        Beauty exist independent of our appreciation of it, and isn't or shouldn't be limited to things visual.
                        There is such a thing as a "beautiful act"..............It is beautiful actions, why an ugly man like me can have a pretty wife without being rich , cause my treatment of her is immensely attractive and desirable, which are the traits of beauty................

It is rather interesting to me though, that those in the camp of no objective reality, easily adjusts this perspective when it is necessary or convenient.

I would love to see the "subjectivists" walk out in the street when a truck is coming and say, well, "death is really subjective, so I'm not really gonna die if I'm hit by this truck at 85m/ hr"...............
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

The sociocultural aspect of beauty is how we are educated to perceive different things as being beautiful at different times, but that doesn't dismiss beauty itself.........the concept is objectively constant and cannot be altered, Our perception might be different over time.
                            This is absolutely true, and I fully agree with you, however, I'm seeing this from a post human view, as I said,

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                            I don't mean what specifically is beautiful, rather the concept of beauty itself being a distinctly human thing.
                            What I'm saying is that beauty as something existing outside of human reality either doesn't exist, or if it does, it doesn't look like anything we would perceive as beautiful on a fashion forum, you know? It's not about aestheticism, it's about an ontological, universal existence of the pure concept (not subjective conception, but the most basic understanding) of beauty.

I would love to see the "subjectivists" walk out in the street when a truck is coming and say, well, "death is really subjective, so I'm not really gonna die if I'm hit by this truck at 85m/ hr"...............
                            I feel that death and beauty occupy two different planes of properties. Nonexistence at a certain point in timespace and beauty are of differing magnitudes, I would say. But I digress, sorry. Maybe there should be a new thread for this. I would like to read Faust's opinions on the matter.

EDIT: Merz, I never thought I'd see this day.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by merz
                              a couple days late, but there none the less. i should have dressed it up with some balmain destroyed jeans.
                              Lovely jacket. I don't think it needs any more dressin' up. ;)
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Best not completely alter my mental image of you in all your noiresse.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎