Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

ok, so i just made an 'ethics' thread, here in the shopping & personal style section (figured it kinda belongs here more than in the general 'culture' section). how about using that for discussions about good/evil, postmodernism/faustism, originality/copying, beauty as objective/subjective, consumption/thriftiness etc.?

i quoted the recent zamb/beau exchange there, just to set it off.

(but if the thread don't serve any purpose, then lowrey obviously feel free to delete it.)
    Last edited by Shucks; 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Q-
      Please remove the floral blazer at once. Not even this third guava margarita from Cafe Habana's most generous of bartenders can make right the wrong that's been wrought.

Unless, of course, Balmain knickers..
      sain't

Comment

• JD_May
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        ok, so i just made an 'ethics' thread, here in the shopping & personal style section (figured it kinda belongs here more than in the general 'culture' section). how about using that for discussions about good/evil, postmodernism/faustism, originality/copying, beauty as objective/subjective, consumption/thriftiness etc.?
        What does the recent discussion of objectivism / subjectivism in aesthetics have to do with ethics?

Anyway, Merz, I have never seen that jacket worn before and I now like it considerably more than I thought I did, credit to the wearer I suppose.
        In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
        And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

merz, the ann d jacket looks pretty damn good on you

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

merz- i never thought i'd like that jacket but in this application you wear it well. it looks quite beautiful

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

[QUOTE=JD_May;299975]What does the recent discussion of objectivism / subjectivism in aesthetics have to do with ethics? QUOTE]

Since discussions on universal beauty tend to overlap discussions on morality and goodness, I thought that a general thread on ethics could cover most of those things. I suppose we could rename it 'Ethics and Esthetics' (although 75% of other threads here deal with esthetics in some form or other) or something or just delete it. Feel free to come with a better suggestion.

Edit: Thread name now changed, to avoid confusion and to encouragle broad discussion on morality and esthetics and everything inbetween.
              Last edited by Shucks; 04-05-2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                as you might have guessed i was conscripted into modelling it for sale photos. thought to share the result here for shock value. apparently not very shocking?
                it's cute. definitely fits Ann's ideal of showing fragility in men.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
                  • Jun 2008

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

yeh it's nice that. also think TNT's CCPs are some of the best CCPs we've seen.

Comment

• lost53
                      • Dec 2010

chameleon, sorry, not convinced by the footwear.

And to add to the above, TNT both outfits were great... but the second was outstanding!
                      Last edited by lost53; 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        yeh it's nice that. also think TNT's CCPs are some of the best CCPs we've seen.
                        Thanks man, means a lot especially when I take a look at the "competition"!
                        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Acknowledged.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gavagai
                            • May 2010

^ noted

I like the look but I'm always under the impression this would look so much better with a pair of Guidi or Augusta boots. My style - I'm not into dirty athletic shoes. Christian has some great postings with Rick shoes but he keeps them clean (as I would).

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                              ^ noted

I like the look but I'm always under the impression this would look so much better with a pair of Guidi or Augusta boots. My style - I'm not into dirty athletic shoes. Christian has some great postings with Rick shoes but he keeps them clean (as I would).
                              Are Shucks' dirty? They look fine to me.

(agreed that I would prefer boots too...but to each their own)
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

But...

Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎