• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

Fark, cool and clean! Indeed top shirt.
    Faye, Thats the best I have seen that cardigan look.. it's great on you. And yes that bag is lovely.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
      Those who stopped into Burberry recently, how are the current Prorsum trenches IRL?
      The one version I saw at Barneys sucked. Ugly leather epaulets killed the whole thing. Theaddict, agree on the biker pants. Really nice leather.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

? I wouldnt even know where to cop Versace...

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        as long as we're on the topic of non-sz leather, have you had a chance to check out versace's current mens leather pants? there's something alluring about them, even though i'd never buy them.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• ES3K
          • Oct 2008

The leather epaulet version is ugly, but there are quite some regular trench coats which are really nice. Never touched anything made out of leather from Prorsum but bought this parka and it's one of the most perfectly crafted pieces I've ever owned, with top quality details (maybe too many, but nevertheless...) and made out of resinated, very heavy cotton.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faye View Post
            Inspired by Zam’s recent post, I finally decided to wear the cropped NN sweats that were getting all dusty in my closet.

Please excuse the non-existent haircut...I'll be having a cut in a few hours...hehe.

Looking good P,
            I never used to wear shorts or Drop Crotch pants, now even in winter i am wearing shorts/ Cropped Pants..............as I get older, and busy comfort becomes a factor for me ...........I'll be doing the boots/ shorts look all summer

I wanna steal your Collateral Bag!
            Last edited by zamb; 04-11-2011, 10:41 AM.
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

summer is always a dilemma for me. i feel awkward in boots/shorts, etc. but man it is already 90F here. i thought about making a summer thread but i guess it should just go here. what the hell do u guys wear when it is 100 degrees?

btw i'm late but fark that was great. the l'm shirt is such a wonderful piece mine get worn non-stop. great with the tee / pants / boots its all very coherent and fit well and looked great. nice!! and nice photo too...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• HWith
                • May 2007

It's 12C here and the heat is already killing me even though I'm wearing cropped pants, light boots and a t-shirt. I HATE summer. I might have to buy a pair of sandals this year, even though I'd really want to avoid it.

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Fark really nice fit, the shirt looks great on you, especially liking the effects of the first photo .

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    It's 12C here and the heat is already killing me even though I'm wearing cropped pants, light boots and a t-shirt. I HATE summer. I might have to buy a pair of sandals this year, even though I'd really want to avoid it.
                    i know dude. i know. i mean the day i wear sandals will be a big moment for me. i despise feet. all feet. even womens feet so yeah a mans hairy scraggly angular knuckley janky looking foot just kills me. sandals belong at the beach.

but that being said. shit looks comfy as hell when its a thousand outside.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Sandals are ugly...I don't care who makes them.

These aren't much better, but I spend August on the beach, so they're practical and inconspicuous.

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

^ Black espadrilles. They are good for when it's super hot, they cover your toes so you don't get awkward sunburn (I don't ever burn, but apparently it happens), and they are cheaper than sandals. Or you could get a pair of plain jootis (you usually tend to see the embroidered ones, but plain cotton, or even wool, ones do exist).
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

why so much sandal hate ? i like wearin them in summer feels mad nice on the feet

Comment

• ^Consider yourself lucky guys, this morning it was yet again snowing and we have only +3C up here. I am frustrated about not being able to wear my spring clothes already. Still gonna be rocking the winter coat until, what, May? Ugh.

Comment

• Lane
                              • Aug 2010

boots, im contemplating buying some new ones. However, it sounds like a ridiculous choice given summer is just around the corner.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                                Those car shoes are just plain ugliness, I wear sandals when it's too hot for anything else, or lowtop sneakers/derbies/espandrilles.

I don't really see a problem with dressing during summer. It's not as inspiring, but it's not a problem. Wear a tee/tank with some cropped pants/shorts and sandals/lowtop sneakers/derbies. Add a waistcoat or sleeveless hood/jacket if you feel like it is too boring. A light linen blazer works early in the morning as well, same goes for any knit.
                                here's the thing. it gets really brutally hot here. seriously. and hot weather requires coolness and comfort and less clothing. which for men leads to sportswear (meaning athletic inspired) such as shorts and t-shirts and sneakers/sandals. for me it is hard to reconcile my personal style/identity with shorts, tees and sneakers. i am a boots guy. i like roughness and texture and layers and darkness. (the whole cdiem bling povera thing, etc.). summer sucks for me haha...

for sure summer is perfect for rick owens' tee's + dropped and cropped shorts and pants + trainers but that is strictly forbade in my house.

so yes options still exist like the tee/tank with some cropped pants/shorts and sandals/lowtop sneakers/derbies you mentioned but boots and derbies with shorts and cropped pants is tough for me and cropped pants period are frowned upon by the locals in a big way. but this year i think i'll be going for it a little more. i think its the most natural expression for me but its much less common in my area than u may think. i mean i really stick out.

so i am wondering what u guys do. it is a dilemma, not a crisis, but i do wonder what you guys do in the heat and think it could be interesting to discuss.

like which shorts, which pants, which sneakers, which sandals, etc.

just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎