Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

u dont have to give up ur own style in summer , i mean u wont be layerin sweaters etc but u can still wear boots . i wear boots year round , wear em with shorts and cropped trousers also , even in winter . i think maybe too many people think of summerwear as having to be like ONLY some kinda casual sporty shorts/tee/sneakers but it doesnt have to be that way . look at some of our fave designers s/s collections and youll see how u can still do ur thing in warmer weather too

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^^ you should start a thread...would be interesting discussion.

I'm also curious to hear where you live exactly that's so judgmental!
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

ya i was wonderin that too , like where do u live that people will get angry at u for wearin cropped trousers ?

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

texas.

currently in austin now which is open minded but will be dallas within a few weeks which is not. i will live within blocks of george w bush.

and to be completely open about it its not strangers on the street i care about its more about blending in enough so that i'm able to maintain the respect of my employees and clients etc.

hyperconservative good ol boy thing going on
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
            texas.

currently in austin now which is open minded but will be dallas within a few weeks which is not. i will live within blocks of george w bush.

and to be completely open about it its not strangers on the street i care about its more about blending in enough so that i'm able to maintain the respect of my employees and clients etc.

hyperconservative good ol boy thing going on
            Gucci Loafers, tailored linen shorts and a pale blue shirt then... oh and don't forget the stetson!!

Comment

• jevna
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 123abc123 View Post
              Haven't worn this coat in a long time since i didn't really know how to style it correctly, but decided to give it a go today.

Hope you guys like it:

Also posted it on Lb, would greatly appreciate hyping.
              Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
              The long slender lines produced by the simple white coat are thrown away by the sneakers, man. Try some simple boots instead. I recall a picture of BSR (I think) wearing some tornado zips with that same coat at one point. I liked that silhouette.

I disagree, BeauIXI. I think 123abc123's outfit is really nice. I love the ro long coats + chunkiness of the sneaks combination in RO. They work very well together imo. Especially here, where the sneaks and coat are the exact same colour tone and the coat seems to be in such a nice fluid fabric. To me it looks really effortless, playful and badass at same time. Alternatively to the sneaks here I could easily think of some other RO footwear with chunky zippers and thick crepe soles as well...
              A simple clean boot would make it look completely different and plain.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

so i am wondering what u guys do. it is a dilemma, not a crisis, but i do wonder what you guys do in the heat and think it could be interesting to discuss.

like which shorts, which pants, which sneakers, which sandals, etc.

just curious
                Hemp, linen or silk pants, my man. Always done me right. Problem with boots and derbies is that they have no perforation the way sneakers do, nawmsayin, they aren't made for "performance" shall we say? Jogu is right though, one of the most important aspects of personal style is indifference to your "audience".

I bet you could get away with a loose buttonup, some paper thin linen pants and some Carpe clogs, or something.

@Jevna: To each his own, man, I think the sneakers cut up the outfit and make it look like an assemblage of name(symbol)-related parts rather than a whole sleek unity. I do appreciate the lack of laces, however, makes for a nice Space Odyssey type feel.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

i wear pretty much only damir doma during the summer, he has made some great linen jackets that are my top choice for summer nights/evenings, and in my book he is the only high end designer that makes decent shorts. plus, i think his natural, "organic" styling works very well for that relaxed, smooth summer look. when im not wearing damir doma shorts, i wear my bamboo-fibre leggings from nakkna or silk leggings to flaunt my sexy femenine legs

as for my feet, i prefere desert boots or simple derbies in light grey tones.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Maybe its the Jamaican in me, but I have absolutely no problem wearing shoes/ boots during the summer. i have fairly decent feet but I completely hate Sandals. I only wear them when I am traveling and can be bothered with all the airport craziness.

I wear linen all year round..........it will be t-shirts, shorts, boots and my CCP Belt collection this season...........
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

i will live within blocks of george w bush...
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• JD_May
                        • Apr 2010

Consensus appears to be that the hat was too much.

In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                        And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

I think the khakis make it look like your heart's not in it- that's why the hat isn't working.
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

^ yea agreed. for some reason, the light-coloured trousers makes the hat feel out of place.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

the way your head is tilted makes the hat work. but if i saw you in real life, i might question it..

yes i agree with beau, the dockers don't fit in the overall scheme of things..

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

it seems you guys absolutely hate colors...............

it's not a perfect look, I think the pants are a little too tight in the crotch area, but it looks OK to me color wise.

I just cant really judge things like hats and sunglasses cause they are just never a part of my attire..........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎