• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

JD, the asymmetrical hem is just so wrong with what you're wearing

and it looks as though you enlarged your signature

MM, you are wearing all navy and you are wearing it well

Although I feel like you could do with different footwear, the redwings perhaps
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

^ Thanks Genevieve, the redwings are a bit to heavy to wear when it is getting warm - even if they would be perfect here colour wise. But i must precise that those CD are not plain black IRL : rather between a dusty black and a very dark gray. So the clash is less obvious.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• JD_May
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
        JD, the asymmetrical hem is just so wrong with what you're wearing
        How so
        In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
        And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

quiet noise That outfit is beautiful, I am loving the colour palette and draping. I will have to give nakkna a look see!
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

JD May : the main problem is that the asymmetry of this piece does not answer to anything in your outfit. Thus it looks gratuitous and unnecessary.Something more basic would probably have done the job better.
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

Thanks for all the kind words! i need to buy myself a bigger mirror and a better camera. the nakkna bamboo leggings/tights are indeed amazing, but i think you would be severly dissapointed if you checked out some of their other stuff.

a better shot of the tights:

i used to wear pair of light-grey rough-canvas derbies with this outfit but i wore them to death last summer.

Comment

• een
                • Sep 2006

ph
                cdiem
                luc
                layer-0

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

nice...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

echoed. Although a lot of other pieces from these lines can be considered more extreme or attention grabbing, I think the pieces you've chosen here not only do justice to the designers but also show them to be completely wearable and comfortable while not sacrificing anything in silhouette or overall look.

Unlike a lot of other outfits, I know that I don't feel like I need to strip everything off the moment I get home when wearing almost the same stuff as you Een. This is probably why I've not purchased new CCP in quite a long time. Too many other things in life to concern oneself with. Clothing should be comfortable but still great looking. The balance between these two is key.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

my thoughts exactly. even better when u not only don't feel the need to take everything off to feel comfortable, u don't even want to take them off...

Comment

• JD_May
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                        JD May : the main problem is that the asymmetry of this piece does not answer to anything in your outfit. Thus it looks gratuitous and unnecessary.Something more basic would probably have done the job better.
                        So the view here is that, when wearing something asymmetrical, there should be asymmetry elsewhere in the fit to offset it?
                        In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                        And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

I get a very "Derek Zoolander" vibe from JD May's WAYWT pictures.........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JD_May View Post
                            So the view here is that, when wearing something asymmetrical, there should be asymmetry elsewhere in the fit to offset it?
                            nah, then people wil complain about it being "too much" or "overdone". Kidding , i think your outfit is clean, altough if i where you (this is completley subjective) i would probably exploit your masculine looks more. Maybe a CCP leather ?

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

^what?

ugh

jd - moth is saying that if a plain tee does the job better, then the asymmetric tee looks unnecessary and overdone. in addition i would offer up that it looks fashion-y. there doesn't necessarily need to be asymmetry elsewhere in the outfit, but at the very least some variation in silhouette, or some drama, or just something. your pants are plain skinny black jeans. paired with white shoes is possibly ok but tight black jeans + white shoes + tight unnecessary asymmetric tee = try hard

edit - sorry if that was harsh. just sayin. its not that bad. its just not great. offering constructive criticism thats all.
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• gnow
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                                i would probably exploit your masculine looks more. Maybe a CCP leather ?
                                Don't kinda get what your saying here

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎