Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Biases aside, Merz is the poster who most consistently incorporates the most interesting and unexpected pieces, drawn from the most unexpected places and times...and the best part? What he does never looks overwrought or forced. It just looks like, as DRRRK noted above, Merz. Kudos to that breath of fresh air.

Originally posted by Macro View Post
    Kucejoe and Diorowen fits bore me. So predictable. Someone show me something that isn't so formulaic.
    BUZZ KILL. Personally, I was pleased to see the fits of the last pages. Kucejoe = total integrity to his style, which works for him. Totes. If he's not an original voice on these pages, then, shit, rapture...take me.

As for Diorowen, sure, he's following the SZ playbook *please send me a copy; I could think of worse.

And I can't forgot to mention the Addict, who captured something so appealing and sublime in his photos. I'm ready to drop everything to be an extra in your K-Rock video SA!

The last few pages remind me why I am here. Nice stuff.

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

idk i tend to side with macro/mike on this...skinny jeans as a lifestyle choice is a bit of a cop-out, like saying I only dress from the waist up. the same skinny jean and turn of the century cuban heels applied to every outfit comes across like the body as a coat hanger more than anything, showcasing a singular piece rather than the outfit as a whole. I don't think its a question of choosing sides, drop crotch or skinny. just more towards the overall outfit and how you play out the proportions. It reminds me a lot of these sort of fashion types that run around during paris fashion week..

dubed the 'avante garde' by bloggers and the like; their outfits always strike me as being identical, and decorative.

anyways, more fuel to the fire..

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

remind me to bring my BB gun to paris fashion week
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
          Biases aside

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Skinny. Done. Right.

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

merz i like it , lol at the picture andrew posted bwahahahahahaaa

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Glad I'm not usually around Friday into Saturday cause it always seem like fangs come out then...............

there is a crazy lady I know that has theorized that we men have a cycle similar to womens monthly cycle and we have collectively as men concealed it for centuries!
                now I'm beginning to wonder if she is correct or if weekend festivities allow us to unsheathe our swords.

Are we saying that if one finds an aesthetic and a style of dressing that suits ones personal taste then one should force themselves to evolve just for the sake of evolving?

Personally it would be nice to see Merz try something surprising but I have no problem with him remaining the same..........

Lowrey for the most part wears the same type of clothing all the time, and the first time I saw him in Paris I immediately know it was him because of his distinct style.............
                Faust wears Slim pants and CDiem boots 95% of the time, even though he has lots of other shoes/ pants...................I guess dressing is about what we are comfortable in

I think these things are a matter of personality, some are slow evolving and consistent, in their taste, while others don't mind shaking it up ever so often. I don't think anything is wrong with either camp so long as this is understood.........................

So much for the foolishly recurring argument of the "SZ Look"
                Last edited by zamb; 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM.
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                  skinny jeans as a lifestyle choice is a bit of a cop-out, like saying I only dress from the waist up....

...their outfits always strike me as being identical, and decorative.
                  (As much as I heart A) First skinny jeans are a "lifestyle" choice, then they're part of some decorative "performance art" dressing. Which one is it?! The day I see Merzbow prancing around in some Dick Oven gym gear is the day I call him a "sucker." It just isn't him.

Meh...my last contribution to this altbro conversation.

MBD

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    (As much as I heart A) First skinny jeans are a "lifestyle" choice, then they're part of some decorative "performance art" dressing. Which one is it?! The day I see Merzbow prancing around in some Dick Oven gym gear is the day I call him a "sucker." It just isn't him.

Meh...my last contribution to this altbro conversation.

MBD
                    the point was more to waist up dressing than comparing punks and queens. but i get the whole dress as uniform point, in this case skinny jeans, just hard to offer a critique

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

I love how this thread explodes in just a few hours.

For the record.. my comment was regarding my own personal style and preferences. Not judgement towards others.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

mbd don't get me wrong the playbook is the playbook cause it works. it gets the job done. there's nothing wrong with sticking to the playbook. you just have to hope you aren't intercepted by The Merz
                        Last edited by philip nod; 05-21-2011, 07:51 PM. Reason: naming a whiskey drink
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          mbd don't get me wrong the playbook is the playbook cause it works. it gets the job done. there's nothing wrong with sticking to the playbook. you just have to hope you aren't intercepted by The Merz
                          True, true. Been there on the other side of merzbow on a bad day; done that. Two thumbs down, not recommended, etc etc.

I forgot to add a note about Eternal. Ace fit! I love the cropped jacket/ stove pipe high-waters/ no socks/ skate- ish shoes combo. It works in perfect tandem with yer new hair.

MBD

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                            Not when being cool is a job description. Got to keep on top of that shit. It ain't easy staying relevant, brah.
                            plus rep
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              plus rep
                              Double that plus rep.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post

Lowrey for the most part wears the same type of clothing all the time, and the first time I saw him in Paris I immediately know it was him because of his distinct style.............
                                Faust wears Slim pants and CDiem boots 95% of the time, even though he has lots of other shoes/ pants...................I guess dressing is about what we are comfortable in

I think these things are a matter of personality, some are slow evolving and consistent, in their taste, while others don't mind shaking it up ever so often. I don't think anything is wrong with either camp so long as this is understood.........................

So much for the foolishly recurring argument of the "SZ Look"
                                Totally. Sometimes, I'll put something else on, then think, meh, I like this best and go back to my CDGH+/CDiem bottom combo. Same thing happened to me today (I was going to wear something else but then thought that I'd be outside the entire day, and went for what's versatile).

From the waist up it changes more, so I guess I am safe with andrew.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎