Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

hang on. messe = weiner? please clarify. kthx.

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Weiner in B(balls)OF?
      FTFY.....

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        acne s/s11 cap
        dior homme sunglasses
        rick owens tank
        rick owens tee
        julius jeans
        buttero boots
        nice fit, woulda liked to see how the glasses mesh with the headgear.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post

In the mountains, there you feel free
          Love it F!!!

and to mess and porterhouse as well.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

the trouble with texting

Comment

• Ochre
              • Sep 2009

Please tell me you're unusually interested in American politics and not that this Weiner story is getting international press.

Comment

• nadir
                • May 2011

International press? It's all we've been hearing about - what self-respecting journalist could resist the endless opportunities for punny titles?

Comment

• nadir
                  • May 2011

I'm in Australia by the way.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquid View Post
                    I like that we're talking about utilitarian practicality on this forum now.
                    It's been addressed on here quite a bit at great length, actually. No offense but in the true sense of the word, this isn't so much utilitarian as excess in my opinion.

Utility is a well designed pocket that works. It holds practical things well without them falling out. It's blended into the design rather than an afterthought. Utility allows you to carry the necessities in a practical, subtle way. Not to carry everything but the kitchen sink.

Viridi-Anne does a lot of pants with a zipped pocket cut into the seam of the pant leg. As a design element, it's subtle. But it is large enough to hold a wallet and a set of keys within the structure of the pants without looking like a giant leg tumor.

You can design something to be practical and functional without making something grotesque. That's the real challenge of utility. Anybody can make an octopus belt with a shitload of straps and carabiners or an ankle strap that holds your lunch sack, library card, Kindle and ziplock of birdseed.
                    Many times aesthetic flair clashes with practicality, especially in the basic design of something. Before a design can be successful, it has to fit the body it's intended for well. Happily marrying those two by bringing in the best of both worlds is a rare bliss that we don't see much these days.

I don't mean to dig up page old bones; I just haven't had much time to peruse lately. And this isn't a personal attack. I happen to love the idea of utilitarian design and practicality....maybe even to a fault. But I think at times utilitarianism is the polar opposite of excess and vulgarity.
                    That strappy thing looks like something I tie my girlfriend up to the bed with. No kidding. Nylon weaving, velcro straps, hooks...that shit is on practical in particular situations.

Another thing to consider is that from the viewpoint of utility, draped material is definitely excess. All elements should serve a purpose if that's the intended direction of an outfit. Draping is most definitely excess unless it is providing some kind of purpose.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Liquid
                      • Jul 2009

We agree on many things then beardown.

I was not attacking pockets, but bags. Silhouette-wise, bags look like a giant tumor 99% of the time. I think even my frankenstein thigh thing holds a better silhouette than most bags.

And like I said, that's just what it is; a frankenstein prototype. With design work, this kind of thigh thing would have a lower profile, be more subtle, etc.

I do have an attack on pockets anyway. Well designed pockets are fantastic, but ultimately pockets force you to fuse your keys and your pants. You can't change clothes without taking all the stuff out of your pockets and putting them in the new ones. I think that's a big reason bags were made anyway, but see above.

a drop of water may be excessive in the context of hell, but hell is so... dry
                      Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society. -MT

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post

That strappy thing looks like something I tie my girlfriend up to the bed with. No kidding.
                        Hmm..
                        May be time for a new sig.
                        *wank factor, irrelevant

sain't

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

^^ah but the errors in grammar kill it for me. yes sadly i am that weird.

liquid i think its funny and strangely admirable that you are defending that thigh thing. same way u defended those horrible foot glove things. it shows that u are an individual. comfortable with being true to your own ideas, even when they are in stark contrast to the reality of the situation and setting.

its also almost akin to the way someone with aspergers syndrome can comprehend the differences between their experience (viewpoint) and the more common, shared worldview of those around them, but not really understand or internalize it.

example: person with aspergers watches tv by changing channels every 45 seconds. that way he can watch multiple shows at once. "normal" person watches one show in order to become invested in it for a deeper experience, therefore constant channel changing drives normal person crazy. person with aspergers cannot truly grasp this and says "whats wrong with watching tv in a systematic way?"

so, i guess my point is...that i have no point. maybe its just different priorities. there are still certain fashion no-no's that even the avant garde adhere to. (no hip packs). that sweet thigh thing is better suited to a damn home depot forum than SZ. unless it comes with a grappling hook. then i'm all about it.

edit. um... i'm not saying you have aspergers. just saying you have a unique viewpoint. wrong, but unique.
                          Last edited by cjbreed; 06-22-2011, 10:58 AM.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

belated father's day shot

I talked my dad into trying on my rick owens berger..... father/son sz synergy.
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

I never ever say this but HOF right here. Awesome. I must try this with my dad. ( mum is a rick convert already )
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Really, really great, trentk. Love that you thought to do this!
                                Dad looks both adorable and bad-ass!
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎