Clear All
  • Sergey Seven
    • Sep 2010

Crappy iPhone pic

and RO/DRKSHDW for today

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

acm100, the fold-over Yohji pants are wonderful and deserve to be the focal point here, but you're not allowing that to be by finishing the look w/ a piece visually inconsistent by virtue of its length, shape, and color: a trifecta of fail easily remedied by switching a few things out w/ things you likely already have.

◕ The main culprit here is the cardigan because its length pulls the eye downward toward your feet; the hem's asymmetry + the heavier shoe keep it there.
      This is the opposite direction of where you want to go!

◕ Experiment with shorter jackets w/ some structure and save the cardi for your slim-cut pants/jeans. Swap the large silver-buckled belt for a thinner, quieter style and it gets even better. Step out of the clunky F+B's and into a lighter shoe and you're golden.
      sain't

Comment

• gavagai
        • May 2010

^Christian

The belt looks badass with the pants (dead end? CCPs?)

Comment

• ashamed
          • Jan 2011

Last edited by ashamed; 01-05-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Saw theaddict running around SoHo yesterday with t-bone, but it was fashion night out and he walked faster then I drove.
            Originally posted by t-bone View Post
            We got out of our cab and walked for the same reason! What a shitshow!
            Been meaning to comment but as many here can attest, the past week has indeed been a shitshow. NY is made for walking. Cab + SoHo = never a good idea!
            The last time I did that, my goddamn cab crashed into ANOTHER cab.
            One such joyride I snapped, this one in Chelsea:
            (luckily, this time not mine)

. .
            . .click to enlarge

I can only imagine the horror on wheels during Fashion Bleak..

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
            (re: RO trainers)
            unfortunately i never owned a pair of those and will never own them
            theaddict– See! So I'm afraid you might just have to swallow your pride & get a pair of them SENAKERS in which to pound these city streets, my friend – now that you're a NY'er.

Few ways around it, SA! Lol..
            Unless blistered feet & million-dollar cab rides are more your style.
            sain't

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

i think i'd like that long drapey cardigan + yohji pant with something with a heel to be quite honest. everything seems to be elongated and exaggerated proportionately that i feel the footwear should compliment that as well. i'd untuck the shirt and try something either an asymmetrical hem or a mid length tee. it seems like the unstructed free hanging cardigan is almost at odds with the rest of the outfit. even if you were to remove the cardigan and throw on some type of blazer i think it'd be more well recieved. just look through wireartist's yohji fits for some pointers.

Comment

• ACM
                • Jan 2011

You know what, I'm seeing your points here. I'm liking the idea of something more constructed on top too. I was debating between the cardigan and my sleeveless like floor length dior coat from this last season. It's long but not nearly as unconstructed as the cardigan, but the black color really gives it a nice blend to the whole thing. You are all correct....I'm a sucker for something insanely long and drapey and sometimes I can't help but put it with everything I have. I need to go blazer shopping too for a nice constructed shorter piece

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

acm - regarding your first fit, it bears repeating that the textured turtleneck sleeveless tunic clashes in aesthetic and proportion with everything else you're wearing. I see that you want to make what you've pulled together stand out but my advice is to go nuanced here. Make people look hard to see those little details they'll appreciate. Let the other clothes you have on recede into the background in order to highlight the key pieces you have one - in this case the jacket. Brown and navy are extremely hard to pull off, btw.

About your second fit: ok, so it seems you want some color in what you're wearing. How about having it peek out from underneath what you're wearing rather than clash to no end in structure with what sits underneath? the Yohji pants are good enough as they are - no need to put someone drapey *and* violet up top.

Sergey - really loving your fits.

MBD
                  Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 09-27-2011, 05:16 PM.
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Spent quality time with Jona (InAisce) at his studio and can saw that he's legitimately one of the most honest and decent people in the field. Not only does he design his heart out, but the care he puts into his production requires looking no further than the care he takes in designing pockets, or where he carefully places his seams. Even better is that his integrity can leap buildings in single bounds. He's a real treasure and it was genuine treat to visit his studio.

Junya 2002 Parachute top
                    InAisce Men's Torsion Pants
                    Guidi

MBD
                    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-29-2017, 12:04 AM.
                    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Yeah, love Jona's work! Those pants look fantastic on you too! Perfect fit.

Comment

• ashamed
                        • Jan 2011

maybe gunna regret, but i never get any comments on my fits

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
                          maybe gunna regret, but i never get any comments on my fits
                          Read more, post less. You're too young to be sad.

There is a lot of information to absorb within the stacks of these hallowed pages. Don't be afraid to take advantage of them.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                            i think i'd like that long drapey cardigan + yohji pant with something with a heel to be quite honest. everything seems to be elongated and exaggerated proportionately that i feel the footwear should compliment that as well. i'd untuck the shirt and try something either an asymmetrical hem or a mid length tee. it seems like the unstructed free hanging cardigan is almost at odds with the rest of the outfit. even if you were to remove the cardigan and throw on some type of blazer i think it'd be more well recieved. just look through wireartist's yohji fits for some pointers.
                            Yes acm, throw some stilettos on & just watch it come to life!.

Oooh I'm just kiddin', mess. – don't hate! Your statement 3 lines down hits the proverbial nail.

Originally posted by acm100 View Post

ashamed - What beardown said. Plus, it's difficult to see exactly what you're wearing from your photos, which is likely why you're not getting the feedback you want. People tend to skip over posts w/ distant, fuzzy, or otherwise unclear 'fit pics.

MBD - Perfect balance of feminine & masculine, employing that li'l Junya number as you have. Well done. Though you don't need me to tell you that.
                            I have the same InAisce pants, but in dark grey.

merz - Subtle as always, eh. Stop facepalming the children!
                            sain't

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

or read less, buy more PH

jk but honestly all the runner ccp art analogies in the world wont really help just skim this thread for 1 min for a new member who's pictures arent particularly mind blowing what do u expect - not getting hacked to shreds and inciting a 10 page riot cause u look like a chick is a compliment in itself.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

imo dbss senakers function very diffferntly than rick senakers. i dont think it really goes with this outfit as well as other footwear choices could've

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎