X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

junya/lanvin/black fleece/black fleece

since people were arguing about black fleece in recent purchases: i can wholeheartedly say that i've never seen a pair of trousers with better fabric/construction for the price than these black fleece ones. it might not be "sz aesthetic" or whatever but i think in terms of great fabrics for comparatively little money black fleece is up there with stephan schneider.
    Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Cool to see some Junya menswear representation. Can finally post in here, I'll start it off simple.

Last edited by aussy; 09-22-2011, 09:50 AM. Reason: brokenlink

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

^^^ Wow, professional lighting, a lot of trouble to go to for a WAYWT - however, be warned... it starts out like harmless fun, but it's a slippery slope... before long you'll be desperate, snapping yourself in any dirty mirrors you see, hanging around in sordid bathrooms just to get that shot, every cell in your brain crying out for it... and then one day... you go too far... in your desperation you post a bad fit, hastily thrown together in a mad rush to satiate your howling narcissitic hunger... it gets slated, and your weakened mind cant take the criticism... you're a broken man... and as you gaze helplessly into the mirror one last time, your life ebbing away, your pulse dipping, you whisper, "curse you, SZ..."
        Last edited by docus; 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

this looks very awkward even though its exptremely basic. the fitment of the sweater makes no sense, and the neckline of the t-shirt peeking below makes it look like you don't care what you've thrown on.

to lay off the hatorade, I'll put merz to hof
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

@merz:
            PERFECT

Comment

• aussy
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by docus View Post
              ^^^ Wow, professional lighting, a lot of trouble to go to for a WAYWT - but be warned... it starts out like harmless fun, but it's a slippery slope... before long you'll be desperate, snapping yourself in any dirty mirrors you see, hanging around in sordid bathrooms just to get that shot, every cell in your body crying out for it... and then one day... you go too far... in your desperation you post a bad fit, hastily thrown together in a mad rush to satiate your howling narcissitic hunger... it gets slated, but your weakened mind cant take the consequences... you're a broken man... and as you gave helplessly into the mirror one last time, your life ebbing away, your pulse dipping, you whisper, "curse you, SZ..."
              Ahah, I took this at work so the lights etc. were already set up. Can't see myself resorting to the dirty bathroom mirror cellphone pic as long as I have easy access to these, but you never know...

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              this looks very awkward even though its exptremely basic. the fitment of the sweater makes no sense, and the neckline of the t-shirt peeking below makes it look like you don't care what you've thrown on.

Don't worry about fracturing my delicate psyche, I try not to take the internet too seriously ;) I agree, it is a bit awkward, and not much thought went into it besides doing something more offbeat with layering basics. Though I'm not sure what you mean by 'the fitment of the sweater makes no sense'.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

it looks oversized, but the fabric seems stiff, so it doesn't really drape and ends up looking just too big for you.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                  ...Though I'm not sure what you mean by 'the fitment of the sweater makes no sense'.
                  it means the sweater doesn't fit.

thanks for the post merz! hopefully getting us back on track
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

Gotcha, probably the harsh lighting since its thin jersey
                    I wouldn't say it drapes, so I could see you being turned off by the non elegance of its oversized fit
                    I'd say its soft and boxy, like wearing a pillowcase made of jersey

Also I understood his post as far as that, but I was looking for him to elaborate on it (as he did) rather than just shooting out shallow statements such as 'it doesn't fit'

edit: don't get me wrong though, I agree that its not the greatest outfit
                    Last edited by aussy; 09-22-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                      since people were arguing about black fleece in recent purchases: i can wholeheartedly say that i've never seen a pair of trousers with better fabric/construction for the price than these black fleece ones. it might not be "sz aesthetic" or whatever but i think in terms of great fabrics for comparatively little money black fleece is up there with stephan schneider.
                      despite not being crazy about any of those pieces as seen individually in the recent purchases thread, that looks top notch...you really know what you're doing
                      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

goddamn merz, you always so next level.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                          ...Also I understood his post as far as that, but I was looking for him to elaborate on it (as he did) rather than just shooting out shallow statements such as 'it doesn't fit'

edit: don't get me wrong though, I agree that its not the greatest outfit
                          you're right i'm sorry that wasn't nice. i'm cranky and need to learn to be patient and keep my mouth shut as others do.

Prof -
                          not my style at all and i'm still not feeling those shoes but you are able to pull it off much better than i thought you would.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• aussy
                            • Jul 2011

all good! no offense taken

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              And how. Merz, everything is so obviously right in this outfit. Couldn't be better.

ProfMonnitoff : damn, this stuff deserves so much more than a mirror pic. I'm sure this is one of the most interesting outfits posted here in a while, but the picture really doesn't do it justice IMO.
                              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• whitney
                                • Dec 2009

i want that jacket merz. ♡

agree w/genevieveryoko that works well moneytuff. s'pecially that junya piece top it off
                                you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎