X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prezens
    • Aug 2011

I appreciate the reasonable replies.
    Reading over my post now, aka is quite right as it did look like i was focusing on the coogi sweater issue, when in fact my main query was actually with the wrong forum bit.

As trentk pointed out, they do have a slightly dropped crotch in a carrot shape, although at the same time i could have probably worn them abit higher up

ermm the studs are actually a pair of silver skull faces, although i can see how one could mistake them for diamond studs from afar. (also not sure wether the issue was studs in general, or diamond 1s? lol)

I have to agree that my outfit is lacking with regards to sz standards, as they do not hold much weight as individual pieces. im still having to make do with my pre-sz wardrobe, hopefully i'll be able to save up and pop into layers in the near future for some rennovation work (so far i've only been able to admire from a distance

I will try experimenting with layering and different footwear, as suggested by chilton, and also with less jarring sweaters LoL

And as for you volta, connoisseur of common sense, i trust you can see how posting the look has already yielded benefits with regards to developing in line with sz. There's only so much i can learn from reading. what better way to improve than through trial and error?

P.S. You can all breathe out now, as in future i shall be saving you the visual torture until i deem my outfit fit for sz waywt scrutiny.
    One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

I'd like you to say here actually, since your outfit was not that bad at all, and quite refreshing, considering the past pages. I don't like the shoes at all, as other already stated (you should try some boots), but the sweater could work imo, even in a SZ context. The drop crotch trousers are fine. Nice to see some brown colour as well.
      Last edited by Chant; 09-29-2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

that jacket compared to rick owens? what an insult.

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Macro View Post
          speaking of Coogi.

Wrong forum, dude.
          lol coogi

and then look at AKA being all reasonable. well done sir.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          ...since your outfit was not that bad at all, and quite refreshing, considering the past pages...

but then lol at christian's standards falling faster than a drunken snookie in stilettos. this doesn't speak highly of the "past pages" does it now...

i'm not saying he should leave either. i am suggesting that maybe some of these newer guys should lurk more and post less pics in the waywt. i don't want waywt to become a style lab for noobs. this drives away the older members. guys and gals that i am missing these days. i suggest these types of pics should go in the styling questions thread rilu started or something similar to that. my opinion.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• i find it hilarious that there is a need for "expertise" to gain enough respect to post a fucking picture. people can be so anal about it. if you wanna curate this forum so hard, maybe there should be a SZ-tumblr instead where everyone sends pictures to someone that will approve before posting them... I don't mind a bit of variety.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

oh heirloom...you're adorable.

there is such a thing as standards. and we don't need a curator. we have moderators. and i am not suggesting people are not welcome. i love the idea of an SZ community. but everything in its right place you know? i don't want sz to devolve into shopping questions, ccp fetishists and their product codes, and noobs with their wtf ro senakers. nor do i want it to become so highly theoretical that it loses its warmth. i just think that if we embrace every single person with clothes and a camera then the quality becomes diluted and we lose interest and lose interesting members. sz waywt will no longer be special. when was the last time you saw a waywt from pnod, andrew, tiger, snafu, diego, etc etc. there may be other reasons for this but surely you can see what i am saying.

and prezens this isn't just about you i mean it wasn't that bad...

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

yeah its the internet once the proverbial bar is lowered your are inviting an entourage of billabong hoodies acid weashed jeans and christiane f keds looking for lookbook love. need to brita water filter some of the ish out.

Comment

• i was reacting to the way people have used the term "noob" recently, and the idea that new people should wait and learn. Maybe i'm overanalyzing it, but I interpreted that as if new people simply havent yet learnt how to "master" the "sz-aesthetic".

what I mean is, people who seem to care SO much about the standard in this place ought to place more energy into offering constructive advice rather than picking on people they don't see fit.

i'm not asking this to become superfuture.

cjbreed: thanks, i feel adorable. I don't know what you look like.

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post

what I mean is, people who seem to care SO much about the standard in this place ought to place more energy into offering constructive advice
                    this

and remember, a pic is worth 1000's of words. hard to take advice from someone if your not quite sure that you fit into,or want to try and fit into the mold they are creating.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                      some years ago i bought a panelled l'maltieri knit i had been after for quite some time, only to realise the damn thing looked like a fucking coogi sweater upon trying it on when it arrived. i was seriously fucking crushed.
                      Lol, I know the one; surprised you gave it a shot.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

ugh. fine. i just didn't want waywt to become a "constructive advice for all comers" thread because then it feels like work instead of play. thought there might be better places for this like small questions, or styling tips, but perhaps that would make no difference at all. and although i do enjoy hurling insults from the sidelines cloaked in anonymity, i also correspond via pm with lots of folks giving advice etc. to keep the thread free of this stuff.

heirloom - trust that i too am...adorable

haha

/end rant
                        Last edited by cjbreed; 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• <3 thanks for the explanation. smoochies.

Comment

• ES3K
                            • Oct 2008

Get a room

Comment

• i already got one. and it's 5 min walking distance from Ann D flagship. *snap*

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

>sign up for sz
                                >lurk for a week
                                >post streetwear waywat photo
                                >face ninja's wrath
                                >post another cosby sweater streetwear photo as redemption
                                >fatality

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎