X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
    Cjbreed, sorry to pick a useless fight but just name dropping old members and "things used to be better before" just seems like stupidity going nowhere to me.
    oh there won't be a fight. you have a valid point. i mean "things used to be better before" is kind of what i was saying but not really. not every fit needs to be hof. but i do think there needs to be a standard and i do think new posters should develop their style by watching and learning and if you want styling tips go to the styling tips thread. thats all. and i do miss some older members, which is my own personal view. not the be all end all for all members.

Originally posted by Eternal
    You are one of the most critical people in this thread (not usually a bad thing), and I find it strange that someone with such strong opinions never posted anything close to a WAYWT. Not saying it is necessary, but after such a long time, I find it strange when your focus seems to be that WAYWT is only suitable for HOF fits and that the standard today is almost useless....
    i know. its true. i feel totally hypocritical. i have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and i should work on that but sometimes i am thinking well shit somebody's gotta say something.

well i'll either shut up or start posting pics. one or the other. and knowing me i am not likely to shut up lol
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

your "poor" knowledge of fashion as you falsely put it ;) is dead on i believe the necklace is also ann along with the shirt?

eternal can do know wrong with fits nowadays...

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Q I am with you on this, my first thought was exactly "p is wearing ann d". The hat and sneakers are overpowering, simple boots would make this great and possibly more natural.
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

^ took me a while to notice the shopped sneakers, good one merz
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lmaozedong
            • Jan 2010

Well V would definitely wear Ann, so that doesn't seem so different to me .

I find the sneakers to be really jarring, but not necessarily in a bad way. Sometimes, it's nice for things not to go quite as expected..

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by merz
              mine was actually this.
              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

im feeling it. i liked when eternal wore the oversized knit and riding boots from ann d (taken directly from the runway) a while back aswell. I think ann suits him well

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

.....the clothes in this case are both the sign and significance, but somehow the creator and their private universe comes before the wearer and/or what is worn.....
                  absolutely true when viewing a still image on a monitor, or worse a phone. however, irl, ?????.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i think it looks cool but the romantic thing doesn't stoke my fires. ann outfits are like sweep her off her feet on horseback, rick is like please suck my dick behind this dumpster outside the bar

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

^just different ways to skin a cat

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

no, seriously, am i the only person who doesn't think the world of this? ann d's costumey, overwrought 'romanticism', hats and all, does less for me than dick shrink-wrap. and don't worry, i'll put myself up to being tarred and feathered soon. the last thing i had photographed for my wywt gives heirloom a run for his money.

edit: in general, the whole concept of inhabiting someone else's universe feels ..well, strange. with some people it seems more natural of a thing than others, but i've seldom seen ann executed in a way that doesn't look like editorial setup or 'this man is wearing ann demeulemeester' being the first thought before actually considering even what it looks like. okay, e, i'm ready for it. build my gallows high.
                        Then you haven't seen me wearing it :-) It looks nothing like the runway. Ann is a designer with a strong view, as you point out, so yes, if you wear too much of it, it may seem borrowed. But if you do just enough, it's a totally different animal.

And why is it necessary that one borrows that universe? Why can't one share it? It's not like Ann has created that universe. She pulled it together out of elements that many others share and made it her own through sartoria.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          oh there won't be a fight. you have a valid point. i mean "things used to be better before" is kind of what i was saying but not really. not every fit needs to be hof. but i do think there needs to be a standard and i do think new posters should develop their style by watching and learning and if you want styling tips go to the styling tips thread. thats all. and i do miss some older members, which is my own personal view. not the be all end all for all members.

l
                          Exactly. And what AKA said. Enough of this no-child-left-behind bullshit.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Prezens
                            • Aug 2011

fuck..point taken guys, my bad
                            i thought that i made that clear at the end of my last post

Last edited by Prezens; 09-29-2011, 11:28 PM.
                            One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Wasn't trying to bust your chops but Heirlooms (but he loves a little S&M). As Christian said, your outfit is fine in its own context, just add a nice pair of boots instead of those shoes - just not in a creative fashion forum context. That's all.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

I'm no expert but if Eternal just lost the hat it would look fine and wouldn't throw off the ensemble. However, ann is so powerful that it sometimes ends up wearing you at times I think.

maybe something could have been done footwear wise as well, but I think boots wouldn't have made this look as nice. The white and black contrast between the laces and shoes suits the upper part.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎