• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acn, shave your head, save your julius stuff

Merz, tell him..

Comment

• nycd
      • Oct 2006

wire.a - would really like to see a photo of the suit!

Originally posted by wire.artist
      I do have a whole yy suit made of noto jufu, most impressive hand ever, MBD saw it in Paris.

Comment

• Macro
        • Apr 2008

daydream.
        every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by acm100 View Post
          [[[[[[[[[[IMG]]]]]]]]]]
          Julius
          Obviously, bedroom fit pics are most convenient. Some may complain, but if an outfit looks good, I think it'd probably look good in most environments. There are, of course, exceptions to this.
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• marsa
            • Feb 2011

Macro

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Better late than never.

Merz that jacket is fantastic. In fact, your whole ensemble is great. Climb moar fire escapes.

MBD - I'd also like to see a full body shot of that kimono. Sacred cows are a dime a dozen. :)

Macro - Noticed those carpe's in person, love the subtle hints of brown and green.

Comment

• Icarium
                • Oct 2010

Wow merz that ma+ piece is truly amazing.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

i promised lumina i'd share my new(-ish) cdg skirt. it's made of black satin, worn with a navy marni top and lanvin shoes

i know, four crappy pictures does not equal one good one...
                  and down there in the yellow is my sad attempt to capture the pleats in motion

speaking of which, lumina, i don't think the photo you provided does justice at all to the incredible things you are wearing

merz/seenmy - it's neat to see you guys so effortlessly incorporate a piece with so much history into such a contemporary look...more often than not i see people try to do that and fail. good job.
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• chameleon
                    • Jun 2008

Big thanks to merz for not only bringing the best fit pic I've seen in a long time, but also expanding on the noto jofu fabric which I found very intriguing. Didn't know much about it but this raised my intertest.

I do have a whole yy suit made of noto jufu, most impressive hand ever, MBD saw it in Paris.

That's an impressive fit from MBD btw, I plan to work on that japanese traditional proportions this winter, I have this kimono like hooded robe that paired with a buttonless shawl collared coat or simple blazer it's channeling this idea. The robe is almost floor length and it's exactly the right kimono length for my height. I'll post some fits once it gets colder.
                    Wow, do you know what collection this is from? Have I completely missed this, or did I just not know it was made from noto jofu?

I think you're onto a great thing with playing around with kimono proportions, I'd be very interested to see the end result and then it will probably inspire me to do the same.

@Lumina, that's so nice...the volume and movement of the skirt/pants is great, would love to see it in a non frozen representation.
                    +1, so glad to see you're posting some more!

Comment

• docus
                      • Dec 2010

@ cowsareforeating - thanks for the constructive criticism! Unfortunately my WAYWTs will usually be quickie self-snapped phone shots, as I don't like to ask my girlfriend to take them, since she would scoff at the vanity of me posting images of my attire to online randoms. The sad result is that I end up looking like the Hunchback of Notredame, like in my last shot

Also, merz for HOF (again). Stunning coat, amazing detail and texture, as usual. Plus great photography. Beautiful gloves too - I have a pair almost the same, except that mine end at the wrist - they definitely get some quizzical looks.

Comment

• Lumina
                        • Dec 2009

merz : the detail shot of the fabric for the jacket and top is incredible ! so much different textures ! I love the mix of blue and grey !

genevieveryoko, the skirt is soooo good The pleats are beautiful, I love the way they fall. The shape of the pleats looks like an origami, very marked. It's great with the shape of the navy top ! It was worth the wait

wire & chameleon > thanks! Good to be back !

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

^that last one is cool but cannot see what he is wearing

Comment

• docus
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by merz
                            docus,
                            you've a pair of mutant gloves? now i'm really curious - ccp ..or?.. you've got to contribute a photo.
                            Margiela. The same as yours except for the shorter length, ending at the wrist rather than going up the arm. I got them about 10 years ago - they were commonly known as Tabi gloves, the split fingers continuing the split toes theme from tabi boots, although I don't know if that was the 'official' name. I'll fish them out and take a snap.

Excellent suggestions for the HOF, by the way!

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

Genevieve, gorgeous skirt, I love the entire look, the Lanvin shoes really seal the deal. It also looks really nice with the yellow top.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Atom
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by docus View Post
                                Margiela. The same as yours except for the shorter length, ending at the wrist rather than going up the arm. I got them about 10 years ago - they were commonly known as Tabi gloves, the split fingers continuing the split toes theme from tabi boots, although I don't know if that was the 'official' name.
                                They could as well be called the trigger finger gloves, as that kind of fingers are a regular feature in cold weather army gloves.

Well, maybe not quite as refined as Margiela, but anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎