• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Sir,

what are you doing it Paris?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Oh - wow, Z was so unbelievably generous with his comment...

for what it's worth, I am certainly open to suggestions at all times. (In other words, I am so *not* above reproach.) I'm stubborn enough to stick with my own vision, but I always welcome differing opinions. (Though Vanna, now that I know what you look like, I'm gonna kick your ass the next time I run into you. )

In putting together this ensemble, my feeling was that because Ann's vision is so strong, frequently the sum of an Ann ensemble is greater than the parts. So many individual pieces are show stoppers; putting several pieces, albeit from different seasons -- different decades even -- will make a visual impact that is the equivalent of a punch.

In any case, I think that transcendence is an existential state and not a disposition, in which case, if my very state of being is transcendental, hell, maybe I *am* beyond reproach. J/K J/K

Ultimately, so much of being able to wear anything has to do with attitude: comfort, self-assurance and a healthy sense of entitlement. If you've got the above, you can usually pull off anything without seeming forced.

As requested - the skirt as it falls naturally:

MBD
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-07-2011, 09:11 PM. Reason: damn typos
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

^ We can jello wrestle.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

Great picture M. This is a ph fit I can fully endorse. Great colour on those pants, too.

Comment

• chomeo
            • Mar 2010

second pic looks real good MBD. you sure know how to put an outfit together. the first picture with the skirt lifted didn't appeal to me as this second one. what inspiration!

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
              • Aug 2011

Ah I'm very jealous, MBD. Both of your wardrobe AND how you pull it off!

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

Mike - I've never liked the look of PH in nyc. I think it clashes with the shiny, modern architecture and looks too rumpled/unrefined. In paris, however, excellent fit.
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

^The idea of clothing and architecture that complement each other goes far back, but nowadays the fascination can be in the contrast as much as it is in the adaptation. Go to Queens in NY or La Defense in Paris and it's a whole different story.

Mike, that is the 2nd complete PH fit I like. So much even to call it the best outfit for a very long time here.
                  Last edited by DRRRK; 10-05-2011, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Mike that is awesome and as much as I love PH I never understood the cropped leather pants. Now I do, thanks! You, the fit and the mood around you work together perfectly. HOF material in my book!
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

Great fit mike. Happy for you that you eventually got the pants.
                      Wish I could wear cropped pants but just dont think I can carry them off . If I could, those ph would be my first choice.
                      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Pumpfish
                        • Sep 2010

Mike, superb. Rocking the Von Trapp / Basement Sonny Crockett.
                        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

EDIT:
                          Are they MA?
                          Indeed. And thanks.
                          Last edited by Zenith; 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

I love this - casual and wearable, but the boots really make the difference. Are they MA?
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Vikeid
                              • Feb 2009

dunno if this is gonna be liked or hated, but ill give it a try

cdgh jacket
                              vintage shirt
                              ro tank
                              cheap monday jeans
                              m.a+ boots

Comment

• HWith
                                • May 2007

It would help a lot if those jeans were black. I think blue jeans aren't coherent with the rest of the outfit - not only in terms of colour per se, but I associate blue jeans with a whole other aesthetic and mood. They clash with the rest of the outfit. Also, it would be great if we had a standing picture, så we could actually tell how the stuff fits. Otherwise I think it looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎