Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

My brain is short circuiting from all of the amazing contributions as of late. Merz, Chameleon, DamageX, Shucks, Mail-Moth, Rider...Goodness me, you all look fantastic.

Also forgot to mention, Genevieve, you have gorgeous hair.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• nycd
      • Oct 2006

Mail-Moth - are those cdgh jacket & pants? the subtle colors, especially the scarf, are very nice with natural light.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

It's hot today, but I couldn't resist trying on my new M.A+ coat. It's ingenious in its design - there are no seams in the front of the coat. The back of the coat is made up of several panels, which, by the way they are sewn, fall as soft pleats.

I hope as I post more M.A+ women's pieces, the never ending debate about his talent as a designer will be put to rest. In my opinion, his innovations are best showcased in his womens wear -- it's a pity that few have had a chance to handle his best work, and the few stores that carry his womens pieces have diluted their potential by ordering the pieces in cheaper cotton jerseys so that they can offer lowered price points.

M.A+ wool pleated coat in a sz 38 yay!! & my ubiquitous M.A+ necklace
        Yohji dress shirt
        Paul Harnden wrap skirt worn inside out (so that it's black)
        Junya pointy brogues w/ cuban heel

detail shots:

MBD
        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-29-2017, 12:11 AM. Reason: left something out
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Ochre
          • Sep 2009

Thanks everyone. Kuce, it is HL.

killah, it's an Ann shirt. Both the shirt and the pants have an additional layer which is attached at one end and folds across the body and fastens on the opposite side.

MBD, yes, I felt a little weird that night being the only one not in a skirt. That coat looks excellent on you by the way.

Q, cheers as well. I like the photos.

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

so many good things in the last pages... !

Mail-Moth, very elegant ! You look like a gentleman from the 19th century. The beard suits you very well too.

MBD : the coat is incredible, I'm totally convinced by your M.A. + demonstration ! The whole look is so good, simple and elegant !

merz, chameleon : beautiful silhouettes with perfect fabric and detail ! chameleo's zip sleeve ! (and the same coat as MBD in merz's case, I didn't even noticed it at first, I think it's time to sleep)

Ochre : mastering layering !

rider : thanks ! I would be glad if me and others would inspire you to try skirts, but your pants variations are great !
            Last edited by Lumina; 10-08-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Fuckin' A, merz, if I may say so myself.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                • Jan 2011

merz is that the same coat as mbd??

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

orche cool pic and nice pieces but not sure u can do all the layering with skirts over pants etc without including a shot of the footwear - its a balancing act u got going on and footwear is largely integral.

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

Merz that is just fucking sick man. Love the scarf as well. I don't want it to be a comparison thing, but I reckon merz is rocking that MA+ coat better than MBD. Not taking anything away from MBD, but I find that the sleeves on MA+ items are too baggy on women. My aesthetic preference for women clothing maybe being a littler more conventional and not of the MA+ style.

Outfit is VERY nice overall and I love the choice of skirt, but the sleeves are ruining it for me. The InAisce outfit though...fucking badass. Love it.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

the high waist and flowery hem of the coat is more of a concern to me than some extra room in the sleeves - either way i guess commendations are in order for wearing a woman's coat or something.

MBD you melt me, love when I see your name next to the view latest post arrow.

-

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

oh it already has, and mostly in ma+ at that.

-

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by merz
                          [center]...a number of 'ownership clubs' and whatnot...
                          But.. But..! I was just about to apply for membership into the RO High collar gang! I guess the orgasmic apex of my SZ membership has been snuffed. ;)
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

ochrrrrre gooooood shit ver good shit im always a sucker for skirts , lots of nice fits past couple of days . just woke up from a nap , was out in lake forest past 2 nites i wish the weather ciuold be like this all year . k goin back to the black ops killin spree now alrdy gettin excited thinkin bout some a those twats whining " rapid fire rapid fire " then run up behind them or sometimes rite in front of them with a spas12
                            Last edited by jogu; 10-09-2011, 02:22 AM. Reason: lil 2 violent sry

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

lol sup u play also ? look me up i wanna try and get a regular squad goin every nite at least until i get my xbox fixed
                              rofl on ur edit

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by nycd View Post
                                Mail-Moth - are those cdgh jacket & pants? the subtle colors, especially the scarf, are very nice with natural light.
                                Thanks! The jacket is CDGH circa 1995 ; pants are traditional demi-ballon carpenter pants, slimmed down and shortened.

MDB, I'd have to agree with Curiouscharles here ; I love the lower part of this outfit, but the sleeves and shoulders look wide on you and somewhat disturb the clean proportions of the rest.
                                (Didn't comment on the marvie jacket+obi from a few pages ago, but that was stellar. I'd love to catch a glimpse of the whole outfit.)
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎