Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

I never thought that was your intent. Judging by your posts, you don't seem like the type of person who would purposefully plaster an obnoxious moral imperative on your feet.

"So should you" is, admittedly, a stretch. However, with "VEGATARIAN SHOES" in big bold caps, the company clearly wants not just the wearer, but anyone seeing the boots, to know that its vegetarian "leather". I'm not just interpreting the name of a shoe company, I'm interpreting the manner in which its presented. If "vegetarian leather" was, say, discreetly embossed on the heel, I wouldn't call it an obnoxious slogan.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

it's no sillier than the markings on any other clothing, whether MMM stitching, dior darts, or tommy hilfiger logos.

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

any logo is too silly for me
        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

Originally posted by trentk View Post
          any logo is too silly for me
          ok, now it's hilarious.

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

rilu - I come from santa cruz, land of militant environmentalists, animal rightists etc... There, if you even walk down the street wearing a leather jacket, people will sometimes accost you for animal cruelty. Seeing as I'm so often exposed to the radicals, I suppose I expect the worst.

edit: a few years ago, eco terrorists disguised as rabbits dumped buckets of rabbit blood on one UCSC biologist's house.... during his 4 year old daughter's birthday party.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

funny, was wearing my nada tee today

Comment

• killah
                • Jun 2009

damn i need some fully-jointed crotch area skinnies or some shit, this is the 4th time the crotch blew out.

$3,000 leather (divided by $100)
                my bloody valentine glider tee
                ratty jeans
                avantindietros

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                    Sorry, but the opposition doesn't make sense, at least to me, since fantasies are, litteraly, embodied.
                    Becomin intense wants to find what came before language through rubbing against fabric, or something of that nature.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

HAHAHAHA that pic made me crack up. Gold.

Anyway killah I don't know if you were being serious about wanting to get jeans that don't blow out. Because if you really do want to get a pair, look for something that's not 100% cotton and has some elastane/stretch material in it.

And although the conversation is over already trentk, I think your distaste towards 'logos/symbols' is misguided. There arguably nothing that exists that is without some sort of symbol attached (certainly in the consumer products world anyway). It's all about perspective; 'logos' are more than just what you see on labels.

Comment

• Haven
                        • Oct 2011

Boots - Margiela
                        Trousers - Zam Barrett
                        Wool Vest - Obscur
                        Wool Coat - Obscur
                        Tee - CON
                        Cap - Cos

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

kuugaia you've become very dogmatic recently... that said, trentk is as well.
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

^ Oh god, tell me about it haha. I've been becoming a lot that I'm not happy about recently. Need to go back home. :(

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                              • Aug 2010

more
                              Last edited by SeptSeptSept; 11-28-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Haven, I will preempt BSR and say that you need to shorten the sleeves on that coat.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎