X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

why does it have to be a joke? i mean if it is, whatever, but can't it just be appreciated from an aesthetic standpoint?

detesting a certain item merely because of it's popularity is just as retarded as buying something because of it

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

love that first photo, aka

Originally posted by mike View Post
      also i hope cigars don't become a reoccurring theme
      they already have
      Last edited by genevieveryoko; 12-04-2011, 01:10 AM.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Thanks, it's meant to be cropped but the angle is probably exaggerating the effect as I don't think it's too short in person. It hits just at the waist of my pants, the shirt is also longish which might make the blazer look shorter by comparison.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Looking good, as usual, Casey. But is the Dior (the zippered one, I assume) a tad short in the torso, or is it the angle?
        music

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

aka should post that on lookbook, im sure it will get mad hype
          some dude on lookbook who got mad hype. note the lv bag
          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by morsto View Post
            it is a joke though, right?
            I don't think so.
            AKA just looks as much badass in his Givenchy rottweiler sweater as he did in a CCP leather. That's all.
            Makes you wonder though, writing such things here.

I guess one could take the cliché aggressiveness of that print the same way we see Yohji's guns, manga girls and crotch-tigers - as ironical takes on subcultures and such.
            But honestly, I don't find it as much funny. Maybe the line separating good humour from childish fascination for violence+bling is just too thin in that case.
            Maybe if it was worn by some old blind banjo player lost in the middle of the Appalaches, i would feel more at ease.
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

AKA seems like the coolest dude man, lol fuck that sweater but yah he's awesome.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                • Feb 2008

that sweater is an automatic do not pass go do not collection $200 for me
                the only novelty is the combination sz hype and mainstream hype
                also i hope cigars don't become a reoccurring theme, however it wouldn't surprise me if by next month half of sz posters acquired a newly found taste for said variety of tobacco products
                strangely enough, tobacco's fairer greener cousin is massively underrepresented on this forum

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Sorry but I don't see why it needs to be represented here at all, nor any other tobacco product imo

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

celeb-hype aside, it's just a good don't mess with me look: some (overpriced) hardwear, some denim and sneaks, a shaved head and a big black angry-ass dog. obviously the TIMING of this waywt is jokey, but i don't mind the shirt one bit (on someone else than me). fuck hype - who cares.*

for the similar reasons, kunk gets a too. would have liked another angle too to see pull-ons better. never bought/tried, but i've considered various variants (natch). also, out of curiosity - how often do you wear the geo fully up?

ps. thx lumina, rilu, cham. and neodym. can recommend shorts also in wintertime. it's super comfy.

*before some smart-ass digs up my kanye comment in the wtf - that was just me trying to be clever...
                    Last edited by Shucks; 12-04-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                      • Aug 2010

I love the rottweilers and panthers of Givenchy, even if Kanye or some other hipsters don't do them justice. Kudos to you AKA for posting that sweater even if it's getting flamed in some other thread, and may I say you carry it off very well.
                      Originally posted by Patroklus
                      Better too adventurous than not enough
                      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

the only novelty is the combination sz hype and mainstream hype
                        Could you point me to where this was hyped on SZ, because I can't recall.

also i hope cigars don't become a reoccurring theme, however it wouldn't surprise me if by next month half of sz posters acquired a newly found taste for said variety of tobacco products
                        whats with the shitty attitude?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Macro
                          • Apr 2008

every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Looks great, Macro - but I'm a bit worried about your boots : are they losing shape or is it just the pic ?
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• aussy
                              • Jul 2011

even though I've retired from posting in this thread myself (for the time being, figuring out style), I will say that I dig the cropped pants, mail-moth
                              they give a light-footed, spryness to the outfit, very peppy (relative to SZ at least)

Comment

• docus
                                • Dec 2010

Macro - stunning once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡