• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Kudos Shucks. Looks great.
    But have you left the house in it yet?
    The ultimate test. Looks good, Shucks!!!!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Shucks
      [IMG]

dude omg , skirt is the bomb . like it looks good cos its clean and simple but not rly that simple either , is it stretchy ? i kno theres a long vent in the back but is it easy to move around in ?
      lol at the cenobite pic i forgot about those bitches

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

sup eternal , its from we look good together , never remember the years but i think ss07 . tbh some old dh trousers didnt always come super slim but the tailors in the store would come out and alter them for u if u wanted them tighter , these however came extremely slim rite off the rack

Comment

• Urthwhyte
          • Oct 2011

My first post in the WAYWT thread here; not quite up to the usual standards of SZ photography, but my budgeting for cameras was superseded by clothing

Edit: anyone feel I'm a bit too top-heavy here and could benefit from more contrast between the top and bottom?
          Last edited by Urthwhyte; 04-12-2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Shucks
            haha, nice you took the plunge

I gotta check it out soon

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

thanks rilu

At this point in my life i have no interest in wearing skirts but I do like how they look on the runway and in pics in general. However I'm not sure how I'd feel about them irl; in the context of everyday surroundings. shuck's pic looks great but it's just a pic.

the comparison of men wearing skirts with women wearing pants doesn't fly in my book. women turned to pants because of function and practicality. I'll reserve my final judgement on the subject of skirts on men till I see how a man wearing a skirt looks navigating life.

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

^hmmm,like I said,I'll reserve judgment till I personally witness it :)

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

i like readin these things about like if wearin skirts on a boy is difficult irl cos it reminds me of how cities in different parts of the world are . i think it depends on the guy wearin it and how confident or uncomfortable they look , also on like where ur goin . if i was headin to a sox game then haaaaaaaaaale motherfuckin no im not wearin one lol , tho maybe i wuold to a cubs game lol

there used to be this guy when i was in hs that worked at one of the stores here whod wear a long black skirt and becos he totally looked secure in himself , like it wasnt an issue for him , i admired him specially when i saw how others who initially did a double take when they saw him in a black skirt would then be like " man hes cool " , and he had tats all over his fuckin arms and neck . he ended up datin my friends sister and i got to kno him and we became friends even tho he was much older than me

ps i wanna see kunk wearin that lol i have a feelin it would actually work

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

I'm wearing one today, too. Though mine is not as modest in length as Shucks (Which I think looks great).

Ann D oversized hoodie
                    Ann D wrap skirt
                    CdG drop crotch trousers
                    Prada combat boots
                    Coat (Not pictured)
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                      if i was headin to a sox game then haaaaaaaaaale motherfuckin no im not wearin one lol , tho maybe i wuold to a cubs game lol
                      White right? More likely to get beat for wearing a Yankees hat at a Sox game than a skirt ;)

Agree with everyone it looks great, but probably not so much on the shorter set -- similar to maxi dresses in that regard.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

thx ppl.

rilu - it's just a black oversized sweatshirt with a 'surf neck' - nothing special.

beuys wtf - you think i don't wear my shit out on the street?`hehe, nah i know what ur sayin, and i'll probably have lots of funs to post in the stranger's reactions thread soon. haven't worn it out today cause we've had real shit weather and i've just been indoors and also i think i'm gonna have to exchange it for a size larger. but otherwise mostly i wear what i want and i kinda know how to deal with ppl givin me grief about it (yeah drrrk, i know, i know...).

jogu yeah it's comfy!! stretch sure helps too, and the slit in the back. no probs walking at all. love the double poplin cause it snaps when i walk. big pockets too. should be super nice when i get the medium instead of small. also it works with like ALL my footwear!

don't think anyone's gonna confuse me with a girl, but i really couldn't care less cause i feel like a monk in it.

ps. vanna - nice silhouette.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                          the comparison of men wearing skirts with women wearing pants doesn't fly in my book. women turned to pants because of function and practicality.
                          Do you sincerely think that is the only reason? I guess blazers with giant shoulderpads were for practicality as well?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

vanna looks great. wish the shot were clearer but i really love the bottom half

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
                              Do you sincerely think that is the only reason? I guess blazers with giant shoulderpads were for practicality as well?
                              who said anything about blazers with giant shoulder pads?

do you honestly believe that women didn't start to wear pants because they offered functionality,practicality and convenience not offered by skirts and dresses? trousers as a female fashion statement came later. I doubt that anyone would argue that men in skirts is initially and solely all about making a fashion statement..... not that there's anything wrong with that

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

^ i think the problem here is that you will ONLY be perceived as someone making a fashion statement. and not anything else

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎