• Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
    video...
    bwahahaha i hadn't seen that one yet.

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
    Oh, sorry, I thought my little story of mutual misunderstanding was quite on point though
    oh my . i had only scanned it...lol
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

while we're doing narratives, let me tell you about a night i had back in december. i was just having an innocently faggy night with a few of my old friends, when the DJ started playing some remix of a glass candy cover of a kraftwerk song and i was like, oh i'm about to channel this not so dormant dancing queen within! and then this girl starts doing these bizarre hand movements, and like, sashaying her way towards me. i had to be like, sorry, but i just can't. and its not because you've got a hole rather than a pole, or anything. it's because you're wearing what appears to be some hideously constructed romper from the urban outfitters clearance bin. and trust me, i'm a good judge of character. what's that? NO I AM NOT TEAM EDWARD. the anterwp six has no affiliation with stephanie meyer, you stupid cunt. BUT THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT. now please, just shimmy yourself in another direction. the stench of smirnoff is singing my nosehairs.

KIDDING. what really happened was, i had a great time, and i met a new acquaintance. maybe a new friend? i didn't really like what she was wearing, but WHO GIVES A SHIT

i'm not trying to pick on anyone, really. i'm just saying, if your deepest connections are based on a mutual appreciation for aesthetics, i think you need to dive deeper

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

i don't really know what that means.

i'm thinking that clothes, beauty, whatever just mean more to you than to me. and even though i don't really like you (from what i can tell), i'd still hope that you end up happy. really.

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

i'm not trying to be an asshole. but i'll admit that i often come off as such. it just seems to me like you live in your own indulgent little world, and in a way, i'm hoping that my comments will pull you back out

Comment

• copacetic
            • Nov 2010

i find that if i imagine chris's comments coming out of his avatar's mouth, everything makes a whole lot more sense.
            And "When the prince has gathered about him
            "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

can you elaborate on what doesn't make sense to you? maybe i'm just like, really stupid. and if someone points out how i'm being stupid my feelings won't be hurt, i'll just try to make more sense

Comment

• copacetic
                • Nov 2010

you've set up a straw man, which is that merz couldn't be attracted to someone whose clothes he doesn't like.

you're attacking him on a point of view he hasn't expressed.
                And "When the prince has gathered about him
                "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

i'm not a mean person. in fact, a large part of the reason i don't really like merz (and faust, while we're on the subject) is because he seems to be. like i said on the previous page, i may be a little bit presumptuous here, but i've just been connecting the dots. a large chunk of his commentary on here is snide, nitpicky, and sometimes unnecessarily cruel. it almost seems as if he relishes in the ability to judge and put others down. who's to say he isn't like that in his real life? i mean, your internet 'persona' is still an extension of you.

to be honest, i think i was kind of set off when he said that he refused to re-evaluate his "policy". i think that's just a really disgusting word to use in this context. but yes, i think we've gone a bit far here. at this point it may seem like i'm attempting some kind of character assassination, when really, i've just been calling it like i see it. but this is the internet. what you see is rarely what you get, so if i'm entirely off base, then i apologize.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                    ...so if i'm entirely off base, then i apologize.
                    In the case of Faust you certainly are.
                    (I have not met Merz IRL)
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• CHRIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

sorry faust. your posts are severely deceiving.

rilu, honestly, i don't even want to talk about this anymore. i will say that yes, shared interests are absolutely necessary. but its kind of ridiculous when you're getting so specific that you can't even explain what you're looking for in text without getting misunderstood.

i prefer to be with someone with a pitch black sense of humor. the last guy i dated made me laugh like, all the time. he wore alot of adidas and french connection, and thought i looked like an "aids ridden warlock". but i was definitely ok with that.

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

^Maybe it's just us CHRIS because our dating pool is smaller?
                        I've never been with someone who has a similar aesthetic preference as me. I almost think it could be annoying being into similar stuff, I feel like arguments would be more heated if we were both invested in the same things. ie. I'm not going to get into a heated debate about Gaga vs. Kesha because I just don't really care that much but if you call John Cage a hack, then we have a problem. But maybe I'm missing out because I haven't experienced aesthetic synergy with a mate. More important to me is general chemistry/personality and a willingness to learn about each other's interest.

If I may dip my toe in because I like Merz and Chris, I think what this argument boils down to is Merz can come off on the forum as unrealistically severe in his taste level/preferences. My sense is that Chris is trying to tease out if Merz is really as severe as he comes off on the forum because it doesn't seem a tenable position in real life.

On another note, after a devastating summer breakup, I am no longer single . Otherwise I'd ask Chris out (should there be an SZ dating thread now??)
                        music

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Wow. This feels like psychology 101 all over again.

It's almost like you guys have to create something to disagree about. Can we talk about the hierarchy of needs next?

People realize that a serious, committed relationship involves an array of characteristics and elements that can't be defined. To suggest that anyone on here stated that they can only relate to others who have the exact same tastes feels like hyperbole to me.

I spelled it out pretty clearly in terms of being able to relate to someone and having mutual interests tightens bonds, creates bonds...opens people up to further exploration. We appreciate others mutually when we can relate to them and feel that they can relate to us. That's it. Even in bold so you don't skip over it.

We don't build deep bonds instantly so there is this initial first impression that we make physically. That's nature....literally, as I pointed out with the peacock analogy. It's said in some circles that opposites attract. And good for them but I've never found that not to be the case with most of my deepest relationships. Clothing is a footnote when it comes to those bonds. But there are a lot of elements that end up as footnotes that eventually create a larger, more important element.

I think it's great that people can date/marry/fall in love with people who have polar opposite tastes in culture, humor, food, literature, music, movies, art, fashion, etc.....but it's my experience that doesn't last for the long haul. I hope your mutual energy is enough to keep you both fused together for the long haul.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                            i'm not trying to be an asshole. but i'll admit that i often come off as such. it just seems to me like you live in your own indulgent little world, and in a way, i'm hoping that my comments will pull you back out
                            No, you are not. More like,

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

oh come on...

edit: this makes a little more sense

How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

I know you're not really homophobic Faust and I like Louis C.K., but I've had that word yelled at me threateningly on the street and from cars too many times to have a sense of humor about it.

Edit: Ya know what, nix that, it's not that I even can't have a sense of humor about it. But in this context posting a video as an indirect way to call Chris a fag is simply uncalled for and irrelevant to the conversation.
                                Last edited by casem; 01-07-2012, 08:55 PM.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎