X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Can't say I've ever seen a truly ugly person before. Everyone has something attractive about them (well, at the very least, at one point in their life had something).

I also don't think there's anything wrong with complimenting a body feature...just as long as it isn't crudely done.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
      don't call yourself ugly! you're not ugly.

what's nice about the internet is that we can be bring a bit of our natural sleaziness out from the shadows a bit (see my own posts for reference). as long as its not hurting the other person, why not. it's one of the tamer sides of the hidden self that tend to come out on this forum anyway
      I want to fuck you like an animal.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

i know both men and women who really take offense at unsolicited comments on their bodies. it makes them feel uncomfortable and i know some of them have repeatedly in such situations been met with derisive comments for being "too sensitive" when they have protested such comments.

often 'joking' or 'harmless' comments on women's physique are used by men in order to make women uncomfortable - by use of innuendo to intentionally transgress the personal boundaries of these women. i.e. it is frequently a form of covert sexual aggressiveness by men, used to dominate women. and the domination then continues by ridiculing their protests as well.

i understand that this is not zamb's intention, but such comments could still have the unfortunate effect of creating a non-welcoming environment for other female visitors to this site, who are less appreciative than rilu. some women do not see why they should expose themselves to such comments, nor have to argue their case if it happens.

hope this makes sense. if this was a body-building site, then i could see it as warranted, but we are all here to talk about clothes, not bodies. and why not just err on the side of caution...?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          i know both men and women who really take offense at unsolicited comments on their bodies. it makes them feel uncomfortable and i know some of them have repeatedly in such situations been met with derisive comments for being "too sensitive" when they have protested such comments.

often 'joking' or 'harmless' comments on women's physique are used by men in order to make women uncomfortable - by use of innuendo to intentionally transgress the personal boundaries of these women. i.e. it is frequently a form of covert sexual aggressiveness by men, used to dominate women. and the domination then continues by ridiculing their protests as well.

i understand that this is not zamb's intention, but such comments could still have the unfortunate effect of creating a non-welcoming environment for other female visitors to this site, who are less appreciative than rilu. some women do not see why they should expose themselves to such comments, nor have to argue their case if it happens.

hope this makes sense. if this was a body-building site, then i could see it as warranted, but we are all here to talk about clothes, not bodies. and why not just err on the side of caution...?
          S,

I understand exactly what you are saying, and in some ways I agree, but because there are brute and dirty minded men around who do not respect women and only sees them as sexual object to which they continue to make inappropriate comments, it does not mean that we should not complement someone on something we find attractive or good about an individual.

I see women I like everyday, as a matter of fact, I call myself ugly but for some strange reason I have quite a number of women hitting on me in different places at different times, but I am married, and have no intention of being unfaithful to my wife.......so if ever I complement someone, such things are the furthest from my mind......Damn, Im so busy with this business that I hardly at times have time for my wife

I also don't think we can argue that we should just discuss clothing and not there body, for the two are related in a way where it is impossible to deal with one without the other on any consistent basis.

I support your augment though of erring on the side of caution
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

not diggin the glasses...not gonna lie.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Oasis
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                not diggin the glasses...not gonna lie.
                x2. Everything else is spot on. Leather is nuts, goes without saying.
                Originally posted by christianef
                u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

^ Seeing this pic pop up right after the discussion above made me smile for so many reasons
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

yo people, it's compliment....
                    ps, agree with rilu (other than as set out above), and AKA looks, i believe the phrase is, bad-arse.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Great fit AKA, glasses in front and wall behind make the outfit.

Only problem is that you look a bit like a brutal sexist macho man.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

shit those shades are bigger than i thought! normally i dig ur bad-assness a.k.a. but i'm kinda with dane here - it's a bit much with shades/leather/gloves/chain/bricks in the same photo...

but it's sunny and they look like they got u well covered.

Comment

• nycd
                          • Oct 2006

awesome AKA

Comment

• modern77
                            • Oct 2006

AKA this is sick!!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              Only problem is that you look a bit like a brutal sexist macho man.
                              i guess i'm inadvertently channeling my inner chuck traynor

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Czx
                                • Feb 2011

AKA I'm also not a fan of the glasses but otherwise this is plain sick! The turtleneck is Carol's isn't it? I love it, still gutted that I didn't bought it when it was up for sale on some forum.
                                Last edited by Czx; 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM.
                                néant
                                Last.FM paranoia
                                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                                0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡