• Show
Clear All
  • shah
    • Jul 2009

good to see those ccp staying put

Originally posted by pseudonym View Post
    Thanks to all again for the kind words.

Shahanshah, do I dare ask who?
    haha well if you must know ... (just need a shave and replace everything you own with lanvin )

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

zamb with a big smile as usual just chillin lookin great!

i hope this doesnt sound at all bigoted but im curious as a black man (Jamaican i believe?) in newyork do you find the sz aesthetic being a lot more favourable recently because of harlem rappers like asap rocky coming up dressed in a lot of rick and y3 etc. and of course like jay z etc. i wonder if reactions have changed much from the black community or perhaps theyve always embraced it?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

watchu talking about?

zamb i wish those derbies were 6... that blazer looks great!

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

the doma's.
          Attached Files

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
            zamb with a big smile as usual just chillin lookin great!

i hope this doesnt sound at all bigoted but im curious as a black man (Jamaican i believe?) in newyork do you find the sz aesthetic being a lot more favourable recently because of harlem rappers like asap rocky coming up dressed in a lot of rick and y3 etc. and of course like jay z etc. i wonder if reactions have changed much from the black community or perhaps theyve always embraced it?
            Christianef,

It's difficult for me to answer this question..........
            For my entire life I have been a bundle of contradictions that has defied the odds and expectations of many in my family, in my church, in my community.... While I am a black Jamaican of African decent, one who celebrates this aspect of my being. I am a human being first, whose worldview is not so much shaped by my race and ethnicity as it is shaped by my spiritual beliefs. I find myself more aligned with people who share similar ideas, rather than aligned with people because of color, ethnicity and such physical identifiers......It is for this reason why I like living in NY, I can be who I am, live how I want, without feeling the pressure to conform to the standards of a particular community. I feel just as comfortable in my Church of predominantly black persons as I feel among friends of other races/ cultures where even at times I am the only person of color in the mix
            I like to think of myself as a poet/ philosopher/ theologian( a kinf of grand delusion!).....a deeply religious man who has friends who are both saints and sinners, My manner of life is shaped by inner convictions and my relationship with God rather than ethnic culture or subcultures.......

As a Jamaican, I do not view the world via the traditional "African American" perspective, something which I am still learning about because I live in America now, and there is no real distinction between myself as a black man and the general African American part of the society.
            I came to the US as a grown man at 23 years old and even living in Jamaica, I was a progressive intelligent youth living comfortably among gangsters in the inner city....I was respected and protected because I was seen somehow as one who showed promise....the truth is I don't even listen to rap music at all, and don't even pay attention to popular music, I am aware of who these people are, because I keep myself informed with word happenings and they are a part of popular culture........

Blazers
            Slim Jeans
            Tees
            formal shoes

four years ago.........
            exactly the same core things as I wear today, just sometimes darker and with different proportions, kind of reflecting my growth as a person and a designer.......
            Last edited by zamb; 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM.
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

J,

the creepers are rather nice on you!
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Magic1
                • Jan 2011

I wish more designers used a last similar to that of the dd creepers. You see it every now and then, but not that much. I think it can be a very sexy, handsome, mature last.

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

New Yohji blazer.
                  pretty happy with the fit considering I blindly purchased it.
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

love the shirt and jacket combo, but the pants feel incongruous
                    a much more casual shirt would have worked if you wanted to use those pants

also those+the under shirt are creating some weird proportions in a bad way
                    jacket fits nicely though!

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

the darker grey layer is part of the pants but you've reaffirmed a suspicion of mine concerning those pants. Thanks
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

tron I remember seeing you post your height once and think it was well over 180, so reconciling that with the silhouette from the pants was quite the leap. Like aussy said, the panel definitely cuts up your figure in a bad way.

Magic1 Ann does a similar boot.

ironman Splendidly minimal. Nice to see someone *not* making leather pants the most prominent item in their outfit.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by tron View Post
                          New Yohji blazer.
                          pretty happy with the fit considering I blindly purchased it.
                          I actually like the way the shirts are layered. Maybe if the trousers were more boxy they would create a more streamlined silhouette.
                          Originally posted by Patroklus
                          Better too adventurous than not enough
                          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                            • Aug 2010

want to see the whole fit rider !

Comment

• oskar
                              • Mar 2008

obscur leather, longsleeve and boots
                              sarti scarf
                              ma+ bag

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

goddamn dude, love when I see your name as the last post, oskar.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎