X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
    It's weird, I have a lot of dior jeans but find myself not wearing them much anymore in favor of acne or even cheap monday. The only thing that really dates them that I no longer dig is the length and stacking so I'm considering getting them hemmed...

On the good side of Dior nostalgia, just bought my first pair of Taralis jeans and they are amazing! Cut a lot like dior with a higher waist and the wash reminds me of some of the washes from luster and other early golden collections.
    I loved some of the Dior washes but the distressing on the back was waaayy too low on my legs (and even on the legs of the runway models so...) is Taralis the same?
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

I know Zam has a lot of good WAYWT submissions but I really like this and I like the fact that he can smile in his photos and the smile doesn't look out of context or out of place with the clothing.

One of my favorites.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Woo, the French assassin strikes again. Well done, C.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

Fumma i wondered what your thoughts are on A.P.C jeans ? how the cut is compared to dior. Or have you got any experience with Helmut jeans?

I just bough a used pair of A.P.C off ebay; becuase i wanted a light pair of jeans all faded and washed for the summer. I am waiting to see how they are when they arrive. Basically i look for a jean with a regular waist and rise ( i hate a short rise) , narrow hip, and super straight leg... dior seems to be the thing that fits the best for myself but these days i dont want to pay £300-£400, but i will if there is nothing else.

But fumma i might check out Uniqulo... the ones your wearing look like a good cut & i think you and i are a similar size. I like margiela jeans but the mens are always too big and the womens are womens.

Pretty much the only jean i wear is dior, saying that iv not bought a pair for about 3 years. Even then i still wear the most are jeans i have had since 05.
          I was recently looking at levis vintage, they have some beautiful washes but the cut is not right for me. I really like their basics tees and sweatshirts even though the price is high, they seems to suit perfectly for what i want to wear in the summer.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Prada-era Helmut Lang jeans have a low rise, tight thighs and a slim straight leg.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Joining Fuuma in the denim crew.

CDGH+ / Dries / Anatomica / Alden
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Woo, the French assassin strikes again. Well done, C.
                Yea, that's the baddest man in Paris!

thanks everyone, I think after this i'm taking a break. my Staff has now devloped the habit of reaching for the camera every time I come in in the morning.....Now two people fighting for it this morning, so its time to take a break...........

One shot be each combatant

Linen on linen Scarf (same as yesterday)
                Blistered lamb unlined shirt
                Stripe cotton Echadh........
                Tri panel double layer overlocked shorts
                Carpe Five Holes

EDIT: Fabien, oh how I would give anything for a jacket to fit me like that..........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                  Fumma i wondered what your thoughts are on A.P.C jeans ? how the cut is compared to dior. Or have you got any experience with Helmut jeans?

I just bough a used pair of A.P.C off ebay; becuase i wanted a light pair of jeans all faded and washed for the summer. I am waiting to see how they are when they arrive. Basically i look for a jean with a regular waist and rise ( i hate a short rise) , narrow hip, and super straight leg... dior seems to be the thing that fits the best for myself but these days i dont want to pay £300-£400, but i will if there is nothing else.
                  This feels more like a small questions thing but I'll help you out. I used to wear a lot of APC jeans and I had pairs from the old and new lines. Here's the breakdown:

Standard and New Standard: Almost note for note like the 21cm with the exception that the Standard has a really high rise and flat, as opposed to tilted, waistband. Like Marlon Brando pants.

New Cure: Same rise as the New Standard but the leg is really tapered and the result is that it doesn't really fit like any of the Dior jeans. In spite of the somewhat relaxed top block my NC are the skinniest of my skinny jeans.

Cure: Doesn't fit like the New Cure at all. Pretty similar to the 19cm but you aren't likely to find any.

Petit Standard: Super low rise, maybe similar to the 17.5cm but I don't find either of those fits appealing so I've never even bothered to flirt with them.
                  Last edited by Patroklus; 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                    • Sep 2010

M-M,

Beard and tweed in perfect harmony.

Shit, still not haiku!
                    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• kowei
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      I loved some of the Dior washes but the distressing on the back was waaayy too low on my legs (and even on the legs of the runway models so...) is Taralis the same?
                      Balenciaga jeans fit almost like 19 cms but with a higher waist. Nice washes, good details. Essaye

Patroklus> New Standard is way slimmer than the 21cms I think.

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

correct me if i'm wrong but i heard somewhere along the line hedi liked the cut of apc's so much he modeled the dior 19cm after them. also was there a version of apc that used dior denim? i want to say it's recent with their black raw denim.
                        i have a pair of new cure's that i wear as my goto fuck around jean when i can get things dirty and dont care about messing them up. at a fraction of the price of my other jeans i have no problem messing them up. also the good thing about apc is that they truly do get better the more you wear and abuse them. i am into roughly 2 years with my new cures, i'm skinny, and they have a lot of life left.

Comment

• Czx
                          • Feb 2011

That about Hedi modelling 19cm's after APC's is indeed true. I think it was the Cures cut that brought this about.

Christian the CCP's hitman look suits you so great everytime you do this.
                          néant
                          Last.FM paranoia
                          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                          0 > ∞

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Probably one of the last nights cold enough to wear leather. Might as well jump.

Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

How hot does it get there? I find myself wearing leather pretty far into summer, and I don't even have a fetish for it.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                                • Sep 2010

Beardown, have you just dona Highlander?
                                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎