X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Very nice, beardown. Love the long and slim silhouette. I hear it will be a pretty cool night in New York on April 26th. You should look into that.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Beardown, this is definitely my favourite fit from you. Everything fits really sharp, without feeling arduous. What trousers are these?
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Very nice, beardown. Love the long and slim silhouette. I hear it will be a pretty cool night in New York on April 26th. You should look into that.
        what up?

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Joining mailmoth in the rustic crew.

Heavy tweed jacket : Paul Harnden
          Silk/Cashere sweater : Malo
          Oxford cloth dress shirt: Uniqlo
          Moleskine pants: Stephan Schneider
          Suede boots: Margiela
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

Thanks, guys. Faust, I would love to be there for the launch party. Unfortunately, I have another obligation that same weekend. It gets pretty humid here around mid may and sometimes you can get away with leather but for since the winter was really mild, I have a feeling it's going to be a scorcher. We've already had 86 degree days here with nights in the 70s.

The pants are Ann D. from AW08 that I cut off at the ankles.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

would be nice to see beardown in NYC,
              and I'm gonna make sure I take the day off because the last two SZ parties i was so tired i could really enjoy myself the way i wanted to

J, I look forward to seeing you again

Rilu i like this outfit but without this shoes,

joining Fumma, MM and the non black crew today and taking the Artisanal Hoodie for a test drive
              Might as well end the week with a bang

Hoodie
              maroon textured wool scarf
              wool faulted shoulder top
              Grey overlocked DNA jeans
              CCP Sidezips
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                Thanks, guys. Faust, I would love to be there for the launch party. Unfortunately, I have another obligation that same weekend.
                you suck!
                ditch the d*mn obligation, postpone and come partayyy!

Comment

• lazyguru
                  • Jun 2008

Z I know you are very inspired by LUC & CCP but did not know you were a fan of MA+ .. Suits you

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                    Z I know you are very inspired by LUC & CCP but did not know you were a fan of MA+ .. Suits you
                    i'm not sure what you mean here........

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

i think he's saying the top looks like an ma+ aviator

i guess it's similar in some ways
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post

i guess it's similar in some ways
                        it's definitely not similar in the proportions
                        i can't see zam's belly button, but i can see his hands
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          it's definitely not similar in the proportions
                          i can't see zam's belly button, but i can see his hands
                          dude, you dont wanna see my belly button, a rather unsightly thing

anyways, I'm gonna wait on him to respond, cause I wanna be sure what he means,
                          however the only similarities between this and an MA+ aviator would be that they have a hood, unfinished edges and they are a top..........nothing else is similar and there are MANY tops that has these three features........

And I dont like to boast or say off putting things as I respect people and their work but I will say this only once, and you all can quote me on this:

My goal is to be as good as or better than everyone else doing this damn work in my niche, I didn't do this to be second or third rate, my road will be a long hard one, but when all is said and done, when the great ones are mentioned, my name should at the very least be in the conversation. That's the fire in my belly, that's the unquenchable flame I have inside me, to be an immortal at this, I am not one out of touch with reality and I am not doing this to be rich, or deceiving myself. I know those who are better than I am, but I know there are many who are overrated, whose work my own stands head and shoulders above in terms of fit and quality.........Yes we dont have the image right yet, the mystique and the pull of some, but there are only a very few designers in this thing whose quality of work is better than mine because there is only a select few that has my skill level.........however at the end of it all, this is dictated by the clients an not me, so I labor on, getting up early, staying up late at nights and working tirelessly make this company one of the D*mn best there is........and as I said, you can quote me on that.......
                          Last edited by zamb; 04-06-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Czx View Post
                            Christian the CCP's hitman look suits you so great everytime you do this.
                            Thanks. Thus one more.

Jacket's shape is the same model as two days ago but in a different fabric (wool vs cotton), and the J-shaped jeans are starting to show some nice anatomical distorsions/aberrations.
                            Now, just waiting for Fuuma to notice the pun.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                              • Sep 2010

Fuuma - I prefer when you contrast sharper dress with free range beard and hair. This one looks a little lost.

Zamb - I really respect your candour on this board. You put way more out to be judged - and most contributors are consumers rather than your peers. We spot what we think are influences, but they are really unavoidable overlaps in idiom or technique. And I think it is an overstep to call an influence. It's ad hominem where you are the designer.
                              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Laconic
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                Joining mailmoth in the rustic crew.

Heavy tweed jacket : Paul Harnden
                                Silk/Cashere sweater : Malo
                                Oxford cloth dress shirt: Uniqlo
                                Moleskine pants: Stephan Schneider
                                Suede boots: Margiela

Hah, Fuuma, I've seen so many lofts like these in the last few weeks of apartment hunting. Montreal is all about exposed brick and epoxy finished cement floors. Regardless, the place and the outfit look good. I'm envious.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎