• viridi
    • Mar 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="viridi"]

hi all ^ ^</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

nn/ann/vintage/liu2</P>

[/quote]

Very nice - welcome! Where are you posting from?
    [/quote]thx for the kindness</P>

btw,i am from Shanghai</P>

Comment

• iSuck
      • Mar 2008

For the first time in quite a while I've broken out of my Thom or Jil mold.</P>

</P>

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Who?"][quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="cpaik"]dunaj, awesome geller jacket.
        [/quote]
        I
        agree - that was my fave item in the Spring collection, and it fits you
        well, dunaj considering they were running especially small with the
        washing.

Les, kickin' it as usual! Pnod, are those RO hightops new?? Seems like it was just a day ago you were looking for them...!

[/quote]</p>

yeah i totally posted this one in the wrong forum. i
        picked them up from A...after dropping out of RSG for a day...I'm madly
        in love w them, and they activate most of my s/s wardrobe. thier a
        great addition, and they carve out their own niche nicely. they fit my
        feet better than anything i've ever worn ever, mostly due to the fact
        that the shoe for some bizarre reason, i designed for someone w a high
        arch, and i have a crazy arch....A friend mentioned that the shoe was
        almost unwearable and he has flat feet
        ...anybody else have an
        experience to share here on SZ tonight in the wee hours?
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

i would go try them on of course but the insole is imbedded and made up of two parts, there's a rather surprisingly large drop off between the parts that makes it suitable for those w the cursed high arch. i'd wager that Rick himself has a high arch and sought to design something for us inflicted.
        </p>

</p>

Yeah P, I have a high arch as well and these are super comfortable for me.

</p>

Albert that brings back some fun memories, I think I may have
        had that same jersey. I haven't played or talked to anyone who does in
        about 8 years. Has the game changed, are all guns these days
        electronic?

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

This is relevant news to me - as I've gotten older, my feet are getting flatter. I wonder if I should even buy the ROs at this point because of that?

Can anyone tell me if the insoles are glued to the inside of the shoe, or if they're easily removed? I tend to remove everything and place my orthotics in them now.

Jeebus, I sound like I'm well on my way to geriatricism. Is that even a word?
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

i would go try them on of course but the insole is imbedded and made
        up of two parts, there's a rather surprisingly large drop off between
        the parts that makes it suitable for those w the cursed high arch. i'd
        wager that Rick himself has a high arch and sought to design something
        for us inflicted.
        </p>

</p>
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

nice Hedior you're repping Shanghai as well. I'm from Hong Kong but my family background is Shanghai/Ningbo.

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

Comment

• Piffen
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]

For the first time in quite a while I've broken out of my Thom or Jil mold.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Hep! Are those pants R O? If so, you don't happen to know how the sizing on those are compared to the black, dropped crotch ones that i.e. Komkino got? Or anyone else for that matter? The only shop in this country carrying R O decided to get all the "dressy" parts of the collection which I'm not interested in, other than as a reference point.</P>

BTW, looking great. :)</P>

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

the dropped crotch sweatpants dont really compare that well to anything as they're fairly loose and stretchy. even an S in the shorts, which I believefit the same,can fit an actual waist of 35".</P>
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Piffen
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]
                  <P mce_keep="true"></P>

the dropped crotch sweatpants dont really compare that well to anything as they're fairly loose and stretchy. even an S in the shorts, which I believefit the same,can fit an actual waist of 35".</P>

[/quote]</P>

So basically I can buy whatever size I want depending on how I want them to fit? So if I'm usually a size 32 and usually don't do the street thug look, pants around my ankles and a basketball t-shirt-dress on top of that,I would probably go for a sz S then..? Just thinking out loud..</P>

Thanks for your reply Mike. :)</P>

Comment

• iSuck
                    • Mar 2008

Sorry I don't have any other Rick Owens (yes that is what those pants were, and the cardi/shirt/sneakers) to help you compare.</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting sick, aka doing something very easy and thoughtless for Monday morning at work.

</P>

all pcs. Jil Sander</P>

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Piffen"]So basically I can buy whatever size I want depending on how I want them to fit? So if I'm usually a size 32 and usually don't do the street thug look, pants around my ankles and a basketball t-shirt-dress on top of that,I would probably go for a sz S then..? Just thinking out loud..

Thanks for your reply Mike. :)[/quote]</P>

yea I'd say thats about right, I'm typically a size 31-32 (34.5" actualpant waist measurement)and the S on the shorts was fine for me.</P>
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="iSuck"]

</p>

[/quote]</p>

What's going on with your floor?</p>

Comment

• iSuck
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="xadam"][What's going on with your floor?[/quote]</P>

I replaced my floors with diamond plate aluminum (and to the right is a cowskin rug).</P>

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

socal you're wearing a peacoat on top of a nylon windbreaker? How cold is it over there today? that sounds like an awfully warm outfit for what is almost April.

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="bakla"][quote user="Who?"][quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="cpaik"]dunaj, awesome geller jacket.
                              [/quote]
                              I
                              agree - that was my fave item in the Spring collection, and it fits you
                              well, dunaj considering they were running especially small with the
                              washing.

Les, kickin' it as usual! Pnod, are those RO hightops new?? Seems like it was just a day ago you were looking for them...!

[/quote]</p>

yeah i totally posted this one in the wrong forum. i
                              picked them up from A...after dropping out of RSG for a day...I'm madly
                              in love w them, and they activate most of my s/s wardrobe. thier a
                              great addition, and they carve out their own niche nicely. they fit my
                              feet better than anything i've ever worn ever, mostly due to the fact
                              that the shoe for some bizarre reason, i designed for someone w a high
                              arch, and i have a crazy arch....A friend mentioned that the shoe was
                              almost unwearable and he has flat feet
                              ...anybody else have an
                              experience to share here on SZ tonight in the wee hours?
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

i would go try them on of course but the insole is imbedded and made up of two parts, there's a rather surprisingly large drop off between the parts that makes it suitable for those w the cursed high arch. i'd wager that Rick himself has a high arch and sought to design something for us inflicted.
                              </p>

</p>

Yeah P, I have a high arch as well and these are super comfortable for me.

</p>

Albert that brings back some fun memories, I think I may have
                              had that same jersey. I haven't played or talked to anyone who does in
                              about 8 years. Has the game changed, are all guns these days
                              electronic?

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

This is relevant news to me - as I've gotten older, my feet are getting flatter. I wonder if I should even buy the ROs at this point because of that?

Can anyone tell me if the insoles are glued to the inside of the shoe, or if they're easily removed? I tend to remove everything and place my orthotics in them now.

Jeebus, I sound like I'm well on my way to geriatricism. Is that even a word?
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

i would go try them on of course but the insole is imbedded and made
                              up of two parts, there's a rather surprisingly large drop off between
                              the parts that makes it suitable for those w the cursed high arch. i'd
                              wager that Rick himself has a high arch and sought to design something
                              for us inflicted.
                              </p>

</p>[/quote]

How much are they running now over at A? They're $1145 at Barneys.

Comment

• iSuck
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="matthewhk"]socal you're wearing a peacoat on top of a nylon windbreaker? How cold is it over there today? that sounds like an awfully warm outfit for what is almost April.
                                [/quote]</P>

Haha I love it that my name from another forum has followed me here.</P>

It is like 45ish today? I just wear the peacoat when I run out to lunch or to/from work. When I'm around the office I take it off since I dislike not having a jacket/blazer/sweater on. The windbreaker provides little to no warmth.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎