Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Joining the others regarding the blazer and boots (not only does the shape look out of place, the color also does).
    A white LS is not the best choice either, IMO. You should go for a brownish/grayish shade instead : your chest would look a bit less voluminous this way.

Wouldn't make the blazer look better, though.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• shdws
      • Sep 2011

oasis - looking at pics on my phone as I have no access to a computer atm

I honestly think it looks good! (but my phone screen is only so big- will re look once on comp)

you have the height and body to pull off alot of shiz easily imo very easily. definitely bauss
      Last edited by shdws; 04-19-2012, 02:26 AM.
      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

Oasis - I like the jacket fit, and it would be good to experement with taking the padding out.

I think it is the pleat on the pants that is problematic.

But it is a great look.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Oasis
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
          oasis - looking at pics on my phone as I have no access to a computer atm

I honestly think it looks good! (but my phone screen is only so big- will re look once on comp)

you have the height and body to pull off alot of shiz easily imo very easily. definitely bauss
          Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
          Joining the others regarding the blazer and boots (not only does the shape look out of place, the color also does).
          A white LS is not the best choice either, IMO. You should go for a brownish/grayish shade instead : your chest would look a bit less voluminous this way.

Wouldn't make the blazer look better, though.
          Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
          Oasis - I like the jacket fit, and it would be good to experement with taking the padding out.

I think it is the pleat on the pants that is problematic.

But it is a great look.
          I don't feel taking the padding out will sort the problems if I'm honest. I can certainly still wear it as is but I'd prefer a better fit.

I'd like to try and size up on the blazer; does anyone think this would help at all or is it simply a case of 'the cut it ain't gonna fit my frame'...
          Originally posted by christianef
          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

squeezing the last leather daze out of the season

ALT

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
              I'd like to try and size up on the blazer; does anyone think this would help at all or is it simply a case of 'the cut it ain't gonna fit my frame'...
              Well, it looks like a narrow cut, and you're not exactly slim, so I doubt it will work, but you can always give it a try. Too bad people like you or Kunk are not interested in Yohji though, you both would look ace in that kind of silhouette.
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

button stance has a lot to do with how blazers drape against the chest/pecs. try experimenting with blazers of varying button placement. it will make a big difference

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

Too bad people like you or Kunk are not interested in Yohji though, you both would look ace in that kind of silhouette.
                  really? maybe y-3. i think kunk is smart to embrace ricks gymwear. seem the most natural looking for bulky guys.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Its always tough when the designers you love tailor for a beanpole. Honestly, in reality, tastes aside, guys like us tend to look best in athletically cut suits (prada) and tee shirts

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                    1st world problems?

I''ve never been a fan of bulbous toe footwear so it's not something I'd change. I do agree the pointed toe creates a feminine vibe and being a kinda built dude it probably translates a little strange into photographs.

I actually can button it and it sits flat on the body, however I can still see the problems with the fit. Shoulders in particular have a tendancy to pull like Theaddict's BBS blazer did..

This blazer has padded shoulders and the padding could easily be removed to give me a little more room in that area.. I'm not sure it'd help though, think it's more of an issue with the actual arm of the blazer being too slim for my arms. Not even sure if sizing up would help with that either (and with the extra shoulder width on a size up my head is likely gonna look even more like a pea.)

haha, always thought putting a quote as your sig was tacky but this may change my opinion..

I thought as much. I did actually wear everything I had on yesterday excluding the blazer which I threw on for a fit pic to see how it looked and get an opinion on here.

Hoodies and leathers you say? I'll have to throw a fit pic up to this effect soon; watch this space.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Well, it looks like a narrow cut, and you're not exactly slim, so I doubt it will work, but you can always give it a try. Too bad people like you or Kunk are not interested in Yohji though, you both would look ace in that kind of silhouette.
                      I actually have a fair amount of yohji but voluminous pants make me look boxy since I am so broad up top

Comment

• Oasis
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        button stance has a lot to do with how blazers drape against the chest/pecs. try experimenting with blazers of varying button placement. it will make a big difference
                        True, trying numerous different blazers is a costly business wheb there isn't even a stockist for designers you're interested in within your country. :(

I'd like to give it a try; I really like Saberi's blazers and I know untill I give it a shot I'll feel I have an itch that needs scratching.. Wouldn't necessarily need to be the same one either...

My frame doesn't lend to pulling of tailored pieces à la Christian but if I can get a BBS blazer with even a reasonable fit I'd be a happy man as it's a look I feel at home in. It'd be great if I felt the same in Yohoji; wireartist(?) looks fantastic in his pics but I'd always feel the clothes were wearing me..

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

I am still convinced i look ace in my tailored BBS jacket...
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Pumpfish
                            • Sep 2010

I think bigger volume cuts are difficult on bigger guys. The essential drape gets lost.

I think structure works best. I think strictly tailored CCP scales up well to a 52/54. The high cut armhole being the only issue if you go mad on the chins and dips.
                            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Oasis
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              Its always tough when the designers you love tailor for a beanpole. Honestly, in reality, tastes aside, guys like us tend to look best in athletically cut suits (prada) and tee shirts
                              Funny you should say that.. I've got a Prada blazer which is probably the best fitting blazer I've ever owned. The material isn't something I'm too fond of though.

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              I am still convinced i look ace in my tailored BBS jacket...
                              I didn't intend to use you as a scapegoat.

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

Dont worry, i have such an inflated ego, i cant be bothered by such critique...bahahahajajajajja...and now, i am taking over the woooooorllllddd.....
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎