Rosenrot to HOF?
    I would strongly second this motion.
    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

3rd'd...stunning.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• chameleon
        • Jun 2008

rosenrot's first pic is absolutely unreal, simply incredible.

Comment

• Lane
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          when the heat peaks here i wear a wet scarf or tshirt beneath my leather jacket so i don't die of heat exhaustion on my motorcycle
          but if you don't ride a bike that might be a bit over the top. the answer, then, is to buy a motorcycle.

you're welcome

depending on what your jackets are lined with you might consider ripping the lining out or replacing it with something that breathes better. might not be enough though. i don't live in a humid place.

p.s. if you get a motorcycle then you'd also have a reason to buy more leather jackets. think about it.
          I dunno bout designer leathers giving any protection for a spill though. Also, blasphemy for only wearing leather indoors..

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

they'd save your skin from roughly one full second of contact with the pavement. maybe less? i scarred a thin lamb (?) jacket the other week when I slipped and hit my forearm on a table.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

yah well most designer leather is too thin to do anything, your skin is going to meet the asphalt rather quickly, and then your bone

also, sergey, boris is made for you man. Get those FW12 BBS sneaks to replace those augustas :P

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Rosenrot to HOF?
                i love the fit and completely endorse it's induction into the hof but I am extremely curious as to where it was worn.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Rosenrot to HOF?
                  No question

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post

p.s. if you get a motorcycle then you'd also have a reason to buy more leather jackets. think about it.
                    If I buy a new toy there wouldn't be money left for jackets.

Originally posted by DRRRK
                    Plus an entire new footwear collection is possible. I can't see anyone walk elegantly in these shoes, let alone ride a motorcycle.
                    Doesn't mean it's not possible. Haven't tried riding in heels myself but I've seen girls in Louboutins on bikes in Europe.

Also not sure how legit this is, but:

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                    I dunno bout designer leathers giving any protection for a spill though. Also, blasphemy for only wearing leather indoors..
                    Nothing I can do about it when I'm spending most of my time on the Equator. Cabs count as outdoors, right?

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                    i love the fit and completely endorse it's induction into the hof but I am extremely curious as to where it was worn.
                    Places with good air conditioning. That's all that mattered to me.
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

rosenrot you look nice in those little pink shorts. hof!
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• KingJulien
                        • Oct 2011

Girls ride mopeds in heels in Spain all the time; in the brief time I was in Italy I saw the same thing so I don't think it's too uncommon. However, your shoes look a good three or four inches longer than anything I saw anyone wearing, hah.

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Rosenrot, that's absolutely fantastic. I concur that FW07 was one of Junya's best seasons. I loved it, and I'm not a big fan of Junya to begin with (nothing against him, his work just doesn't do it for me personally).

As for the motorcycle talk, that photo of the woman in heels above is indeed fake (in the sense that she wasn't riding). It was part of a photo shoot IIRC. Riding in heels is obviously a bad idea. While you may get away with it on a scooter, you have to shift on a motorcycle, which would become almost impossible to do.

I definitely wouldn't suggest designer leather as protection on a motorcycle. The two leathers (designer and motorcycle) are made with opposite functions in mind. Most designer leather is made to mold quickly to you, to be comfortable and soft to the touch. They're not known for durability. As Patroklus said, he scraped his lambskin jacket by slipping on a table. Motorcycle leathers are to protect your skin while sliding on pavement. They're made with really thick hide (sometimes 3 times as thick as designer leathers).

When I had my accident last year I was wearing motorcycle pants and still ended up with rash on my knee and butt. Granted they weren't leather, but they were still more durable than any leather the designers mentioned here make.

That said, I've worn my Julius leather while riding before, but those times I've ridden for the destination rather than for the ride (which is terrible motorcycle practice). Those times I accept that if I crash I have essentially only my helmet as protection, and I accept the risk.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

^^

I know a motorcycle conversation would get your presence around these parts.....

how are you?
                            Im in JA
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              As for the motorcycle talk, that photo of the woman in heels above is indeed fake (in the sense that she wasn't riding). It was part of a photo shoot IIRC. Riding in heels is obviously a bad idea. While you may get away with it on a scooter, you have to shift on a motorcycle, which would become almost impossible to do.
                              And you'd scuff them on the shifter! The only answer is to get a tank shifter.

They're not known for durability. As Patroklus said, he scraped his lambskin jacket by slipping on a table.
                              I should add, I was wearing a pair of slippery crepe soles that are so in vogue right now. Designers want to hurt us. They want to punish us. I've skidded in those shoes more than once. I think it's high time I had rubber thrown on.

I fell from a motorcycle at low speed, about 35ish mph, while wearing these and it was still enough to punch holes in both knees (two on the right one!) and nearly rip off the coin pocket, rivets and all. I guess it's impressive enough that they held up that well, but in a serious wreck I would have been all kinds of fucked. My mesh protective jacket suffered similar damage but I would have been a lot worse off without the armor.
                              Last edited by Patroklus; 05-11-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• KingJulien
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                                That said, I've worn my Julius leather while riding before, but those times I've ridden for the destination rather than for the ride (which is terrible motorcycle practice). Those times I accept that if I crash I have essentially only my helmet as protection, and I accept the risk.
                                So if you had to get from point A to point B you'd typically take a car or public transportation? Or are you just saying that it's bad practice to ride without proper protection?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎