Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

Christian - maybe try losing the belt and wearing a shirt in a shade of grey somewhat close to that of your pants.

Too much contrast going on right now (black belt right beside white shirt, grey pants beside painfully red shoes). The individual items don't harmonize. Like serving an undercooked dish where the particular ingredients haven't yet commingled.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

that color can only be worn with black. in my head, almost no other color works. maybe with like, a forest green but that only works in december

but at least when worn with a severe, all black outfit they really come alive

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

I don't particularly like the belt but it's the shortness of the trousers contrasting with the bright red that disturbs me the most. I like the red but feel a longer pant would work better.

@kucejoe:
        the pants are great

Comment

• Czx
          • Feb 2011

I feel the same way Chris does. Seenmy's outfit in all black with them was perfection in pulling them off to me. This and the all white suit long ago with the derbies (I don't remeber who it was, sorry).
          néant
          Last.FM paranoia
          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
          0 > ∞

Comment

• docintheory
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Czx View Post
            I feel the same way Chris does. Seenmy's outfit in all black with them was perfection in pulling them off to me. This and the all white suit long ago with the derbies (I don't remeber who it was, sorry).
            I think that was kompressorkev in the white suit and red CCP derbies.

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

the red works great with a grey-foncé, but that lighter shade isn't doing anybody's eyes any favors.

-

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

i find the proportion of the pants to be most unsettling. the length alludes to a tuck, but since they are not it looks weird. the red boots only accentuate where the leg falls.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

preludes to a tuck by Christian of France.

-

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Disturbing, off, unsettling aren't these desireable qualities when it comes to CCP?

music

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      Disturbing, off, unsettling aren't these desireable qualities when it comes to CCP?
                      right?

keep it weird

the belt is the line of contrast contrast b/w clean human and very alien

interesting, different, shocking... fun

Comment

• liberty_of_style
                        • Aug 2011

I think what the men can dream about is hot girl with loooooong legs in heels on red bike
                        I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mnml crmnl View Post
                          the belt is the line of contrast contrast b/w clean human and very alien

interesting, different, shocking... fun
                          The boots are weird enough for that purpose IMO. Adding weirdness to weirdness, piling up the bizarre will just end up making the result unreadable - in the sense of being messy, not enigmatic nor disturbing.

I see CCP garments as formidable tools when it comes to create interesting distortions, 'slight angles with the universe'. But to fulfill that goal, an outfit still has to keep a recognizable bond with some sort of sartorial norm or tradition.
                          Otherwise the interest building from those transgressing hints is entirely lost, at least for me. I can see humor in CCP clothes, but wearing them the way you want just for the sake of looking 'interesting, different, shocking... fun' will most probably lead to sartorial car crash.

Regarding Christian's outfit, I still think the belt is the main problem because it strongly underlines a visual separation which is already made clear - so it is pointless. But I agree with Curiouscharles, the grey could be darker. As for the length of the pants, I don't know : I believe it can work this way, but once a blazer is added, which will probably be the case, I'm not sure it still will.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty_of_style View Post
                            I think what the men can dream about is hot girl with loooooong legs in heels on red bike
                            two pages late.

I remember just one great fit with red ccp's derbies, and it was theaddict

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Défense et illustration 1

Thanks guys for the interesting debate, which conclusion is that this outfit is a fail. I can't say that you're wrong...

I did, of course, the blacksuit+redboots combination :

Pants here are slightly cropped, I tried as well with pants with larger hems, covering more the shaft :

But it's not very interesting, because it's a bit too obvious, and the SZ approved safe choice.
                              Last edited by Chant; 05-13-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Défense et illustration 2

With the red boots, you have two choices :
                                - you can try to tone them down as much as possible (let's call it the "North-American WASP choice"), to hide them, and the red will only be a flash of colour peeking out of an overall sober outfit : a touch of fantasy, but avoiding like the pest the full mauvais-goût celebrated here by Fuuma.
                                - you can try to show as much flesh as possible (Mediterranean catholic Guido choice), without trying to hide neither their shape (they're the seamless ones, with the bulky shaft at the instep), nor their shocking colour.

Originally posted by mike View Post
                                i find the proportion of the pants to be most unsettling. the length alludes to a tuck, but since they are not it looks weird. the red boots only accentuate where the leg falls.
                                Some of you are pointing out the way the trousers are meeting the boots, but one major reason of the disturbance felt is that these pants don't have the regular lenght, and they're not a bit short like the 2009 drop are : they're cropped ; pants are falling a few centimeters over the top of the boots.
                                They have the most disturbing lenght that CCP has done yet (low crotch + slim and short legs) - but not that far from Thom Brown iconic cut.
                                I think that proportions are not that bad though. But this lenght works better with the sneakers shaft, which is a bit lower : pants will fall exactly on the top of the shoes, and not covering it a bit like with the boots, which is strange (hence the boot tuck recommandation).

About the grey/red combination : the red is not what is shown on the pics, it's not that flashy, more orange, and, strange enough, the colour on one of boots is... pastel.
                                Trust me, it works irl (and colour association is 100% wife approved, who doesn't really like CCP ), but this argument is absolutely pointless since we're here on the internet and only judging from photos. It's part of the game and this explanation falls.
                                Mail-Moth and Curiouscharles are right though, I'd like to pair them with a darker grey as well.
                                Last edited by Chant; 05-13-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎