• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    red belt next time.

Don't.

As for the sneakers, I would also pass : that's OK height-wise, but in terms of shades and textures (from what I can see), there's something clearly wrong. I'd say the colour of the pants is too light to be worn with that kind of shiny, drippy black.

I also tried the no belt option, but I didn't keep it : it was empty. And I wonder if the problem doesn't simply come from there : the upper part is empty. Hence it emphasizes everything that happens below the waist.
    Last edited by Mail-Moth; 05-13-2012, 10:28 AM.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
      Now, please tell me that I should have gone for a black belt.
      You should have! Personally, when I see a shirt tucked into pants with belt loops I feel like the outfit is incomplete.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

^agreed, I always associate it with IT guys

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

Blazer and trousers: CdG H+ (super lightweight wool)
          Shirt: Muji
          Shoes: ...yeah, saving up for some
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

red shoes notwithstanding i don't like the fit because i don't think christian is committing to the insanity. the long sleeves past the wrist on the shirt are a start but, aside from the dropped crotch, everything else looks normal. like his waist is where his waist should be, and the outfit still gives away the location of his knees and elbows. i don't want to be able to discern your anatomy. please correct this.

i recommend prosthetic hands that you hold in your real hands, covered by shirt sleeves. that sounds like a good place to start. maybe stilts too.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Syed : strangely enough, I don't mind those shoes in a CDG context.
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                The breaks : to make them "look good" is not the question.
                My man.

The outfit had more edge in the version with the red boots. I like the game it seems to be playing, but at the same time it isn't really playing any game whatsoever. Shirt tucked into trousers with no jacket might be a work uniform , but the point is that nobody would really show up in such a situation of appropriateness in that combination with the shape and tailoring. At the same time the discussion/fallout that has issued from it doesn't much matter at all other than to have something to talk about, thing is you wore that out for a day in your life. THat outfit belongs to no world at all, it is perfectly hermetic and individual.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  ^agreed, I always associate it with IT guys
                  too true
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    I agree, however people who wear CCP to "look good" are missing the point (and don't end up looking good anyway).
                    I agree, however people who don't wear clothes to "look good" are missing the point.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      I'm of the opinion it's not possible to make bright red boots look good. Or the green version for that matter. It can't be done.
                      I beg to differ:

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

Hi-Res Version (it really needs to be to be appreciated) of the above via Vogue UK, from Ann AW2010

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I know your shtick is hyperbole, but I think it's more disturbing when it's subtle, at a glance he could be an IT guy.

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                          red shoes notwithstanding i don't like the fit because i don't think christian is committing to the insanity. the long sleeves past the wrist on the shirt are a start but, aside from the dropped crotch, everything else looks normal. like his waist is where his waist should be, and the outfit still gives away the location of his knees and elbows. i don't want to be able to discern your anatomy. please correct this.

i recommend prosthetic hands that you hold in your real hands, covered by shirt sleeves. that sounds like a good place to start. maybe stilts too.
                          music

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by flux View Post
                            I beg to differ:

I wasn't really thinking about womens clothing and so I stand corrected
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Ah, take a lesson, Christian– when wearing red and black, be sure to wear a feather collar, boa or some other such plumed accessory.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Others have referenced it prior but I think the red CCP items (be it belts or boots or gloves) come across the most "natural" (if it can be called as such) yet still retain a distinctive look when paired with gray or white garments. The photo of Khiev in the cathedral from years back wearing a white CCP suit with the red boots and a crisp white shirt still stick in my mind.

Edited for accuracy :)
                                Last edited by Chinorlz; 05-14-2012, 01:01 AM.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎