• Feb 2008

^^

all white
    there were no grey shades

Comment

• docintheory
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      Others have referenced it prior but I think the red CCP items (be it belts or boots or gloves) come across the most "natural" (if it can be called as such) yet still retain a distinctive look when paired with gray or white garments. The photo of Khiev in the cathedral from years back wearing a white CCP suit with the red boots and a crisp white shirt still stick in my mind.

Edited for accuracy :)
      I knew the name started with a "k". Khiev it is: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ostcount=18062

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
        Christian whats your height?
        My pair of the pants aint that short, almost full length when I wear them saggy sitting on the waist!
        6.3 (1,92). I know, I know, on Mister Stache, there's even some stacking...

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        As for the sneakers, I would also pass : that's OK height-wise, but in terms of shades and textures (from what I can see), there's something clearly wrong. I'd say the colour of the pants is too light to be worn with that kind of shiny, drippy black.
        I knew that you would say that, but IRL/Wifewise, it works again, even though I agree with you, contrast is a bit harsh (but not uninteresting). I have a third option, that I'll post maybe today : grey/green oxfords (only hesitating : with or without socks ?). It should be better.

By the way, things would be easier if I wore a knit, but it would cover the waist and hide the double asymmetrical flies that I want to be kept visible.
        [to be continued]

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Okay that explains, I am a 180cm dwarf compared to your highness!
          Last edited by TheNotoriousT; 05-14-2012, 04:48 AM.
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

The black suit/red boots fit is ill as hell.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

well just to chime in i too think the black suit + red boot looks cool and i think the reason the first fit didn't work is the tucked in button front shirt. those pants require a belt, and the belt throws this particular outfit off. so, i think your waist should be hidden completely. an untucked shirt of the knit/tee type variety. or untuck the shirt maybe? and i actually think the sneaker fit looks worse than the original red boot fit. its a casual/formal thing. tucked in dress shirt + sneaker is awkward to me. just sayin.

hmm. i could be completely wrong here tho.

but still. big props for giving it a go. i love the style lab type posts
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Red boots are great with black

especially darker shades of red,

I got a Donald J Pliner Boots
                that I have like five or six years now, hardly worn because I had left it in Jamaica, but since I am here Im gonna be taking it back to New york with me......

actually might bust it out in Jamaica with some linen and throw up a fit pic
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• #ruin
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                  well just to chime in i too think the black suit + red boot looks cool and i think the reason the first fit didn't work is the tucked in button front shirt. those pants require a belt, and the belt throws this particular outfit off. so, i think your waist should be hidden completely. an untucked shirt of the knit/tee type variety. or untuck the shirt maybe? and i actually think the sneaker fit looks worse than the original red boot fit. its a casual/formal thing. tucked in dress shirt + sneaker is awkward to me. just sayin.

hmm. i could be completely wrong here tho.

There is no wrong or right though , it's all just a matter of taste. When it comes to style I don't really like it when people use words like "should" and "shouldn't", there are no facts only opinions.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

true. what i mean by that tho is that its such a conventional outfit that has been so oddly tweeked by ccp that i really don't know what to do with it.
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Third round

Here you go.

Yesterdays' shirt (with the rain pattern) would match better the wocell fabric.

Found a belt that should work for the WallStreetguys, even though I found a belt that should work even better - but not in my closet.
                      (btw what is an IT guy ?)

so, i think your waist should be hidden completely. an untucked shirt of the knit/tee type variety. or untuck the shirt maybe?
                      That's why I said that I should go for a knit and everything would be easier.
                      Maybe a fourth round then tomorrow...

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

What Did Christian Wear Today?

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

DBSS jacket and t-shirt, InAisce pants, New Balance

Comment

• Czx
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            (btw what is an IT guy ?)
                            I'll take the privilege.

Also Patroklus - that is a great interpretation of CCP's effects on the wearers body
                            néant
                            Last.FM paranoia
                            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                            0 > ∞

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

there are way too many opinions/ comments in this thread and not enuf real contributions.

thanks to all that do contribute and a heads up to those that never put themselves out to be commented on...... or to be ignored

and If you decide to take the plunge and contribute, can you PLEASE post an image that is discernible?

I mean if you post somethin shouldn't we be able to decide whether or not we hate it?

GO RANGERS!
                              Last edited by endorphinz; 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• j8y
                                • Dec 2007

at Anchoret beijing...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡