• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
    That is really lovely Rosenrot.

Is the dress by any chance from Improvd?
    According to her blog, yes.

I'll second the applause for SeptSeptSept

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK
      Isn't the real art to dress according to weather conditions and look cool? How would an Eskimo girl be judged that just likes to wear Bikinis?
      She'd probably get a lot of attention.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

Looks well nice Sept. I take it you finally found "the" stooges ;)?
        néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
        0 > ∞

Comment

• graydot
          • Aug 2009

tried that same jacket on today sept. somehow you manage to look way fucking cooler.

Comment

• Rosenrot
            • Aug 2010

Isn't the real art to dress according to weather conditions and look cool?
            I think you overlook the fact that what I was wearing amounts to no more than a thin cotton cardigan draped over a sheer sleeveless dress, so no, I was not wearing more than what other people wear on the streets, technically. Again, the keyword is smart layering.

Also do people really think the tropics is as hot as hell such that we can only wear one layer of thin shirt, shorts and slippers (laziness aside)? We are more accustomed to high temperatures like the northeners are accustomed to the lows. I'm not kidding when I say we can go about doing our business in this city without needing to emerge into the sunlight, ever. I'm already being judged for wearing too much black, or wearing ridiculous shoes, one more isn't going to hurt.

How would an Eskimo girl be judged that just likes to wear Bikinis?
            I heard running around in a bikini is a common practice in Nordic countries. Personally I dislike showing too much skin.
            Originally posted by Patroklus
            Better too adventurous than not enough
            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Long- winded rant about how gentlemen always used to wear 3-piece suits during summer because it was more important to look good than feel comfortable.

Had some problems posting from my phone and it was impossible to edit but that was the overall content.
              Last edited by beardown; 06-09-2012, 01:58 AM.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

I propose a solution:

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

A Black Suit : Dior Homme
                  Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• #ruin
                    • Jul 2011

Quite frankly I find it pathetic when someone tries to probe another person on why they're wearing something. Clearly they're comfortable enough with wearing it because... they're wearing it? What do you even get out of asking such a pointless question anyway? I don't understand it at all and I never will.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

/\ I think u need to elaborate on your point. As it seems ur view is purely from a male perspective (obviously).
                      In most cases when men dress, it's mostly for function n comfort. Whilst with women it's a different kettle of fish. As men and women approach fashion and dressing differently.
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Dude, what are you the fucking fashion police? Honestly, who cares?
                        It's people wearing clothes, I couldn't care less for how long and in which weather they were worn, if people are comfortable in their clothes it shows anyway.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• docus
                          • Dec 2010

Let's be honest with ourselves... WAYWT is primarily about narcissism. People don't generally want advice, they want to be told they look nice - or, if they do want advice, it's with the ultimate aim of looking nice in time. So it's the same either way. However, some people don't like to be reminded of their narcissistic vulnerability and needs, so they wrap their WAYWTs up in conceptual, philosophical, artistic language, to hide the awful truth that they're posting pictures of themselves to strangers on the internet.

I think there's a natural tendency to create a hierarchy in WAYWT to defend against the horrifying reality of our narcissistic fragility - we split off and project our anxiety about our neediness onto others, who we label as losers because they're just trying clothes on, whereas at least I'm wearing mine with authenticity... Face it, we're all losers.

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by docus View Post
                            Let's be honest with ourselves... WAYWT is primarily about narcissism. People don't generally want advice, they want to be told they look nice - or, if they do want advice, it's with the ultimate aim of looking nice in time. So it's the same either way. However, some people don't like to be reminded of their narcissistic vulnerability and needs, so they wrap their WAYWTs up in conceptual, philosophical, artistic language, to hide the awful truth that they're posting pictures of themselves to strangers on the internet.

I think there's a natural tendency to create a hierarchy in WAYWT to defend against the horrifying reality of our narcissistic fragility - we split off and project our anxiety about our neediness onto others, who we label as losers because they're just trying clothes on, whereas at least I'm wearing mine with authenticity... Face it, we're all losers.
                            Never before has a post required a 'x2' so much..
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

You just sunk all our battleships.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                                • Aug 2010

It has nothing to do with male / female. I get the same impression that clothes are put on for a few minutes just to show them from both male and female posters sometimes, which is not the intention of this thread as far as i know. Just an impression of course, I would like to be proven wrong with some real-life street shots.
                                Dude, not everyone has the privilege to be followed around by a personal photographer. And many of us are not in NYC where street style photographers lurk around every corner.

Originally posted by docus View Post
                                We like looking at nicely dressed people, we like posting photos of ourselves. I think it's a win-win situation.
                                Originally posted by Patroklus
                                Better too adventurous than not enough
                                everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍