Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Okay, no pics other than having hung out with Rosenrot in S'pore a couple of times...all I can say is she can seriously rock Rick . And yes we were outside at times and not hiding in some air conditioned mall. And yes she was wearing a fairly heavy Rick leather plus those knee high boots.

Originally posted by DRRRK;
    I get the same impression that clothes are put on for a few minutes just to show them from both male and female posters sometimes, which is not the intention of this thread as far as i know. Just an impression of course, I would like to be proven wrong with some real-life street shots.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Maybe you should smoke more weed, Debbie Downer.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

It's Ok, when I was your age I too wanted to remake the world in my own image, puzzled as to why it won't comply. It'll pass.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neodym
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by docus View Post
          Let's be honest with ourselves... WAYWT is primarily about narcissism. People don't generally want advice, they want to be told they look nice - or, if they do want advice, it's with the ultimate aim of looking nice in time. So it's the same either way. However, some people don't like to be reminded of their narcissistic vulnerability and needs, so they wrap their WAYWTs up in conceptual, philosophical, artistic language, to hide the awful truth that they're posting pictures of themselves to strangers on the internet.

I think there's a natural tendency to create a hierarchy in WAYWT to defend against the horrifying reality of our narcissistic fragility - we split off and project our anxiety about our neediness onto others, who we label as losers because they're just trying clothes on, whereas at least I'm wearing mine with authenticity... Face it, we're all losers.
          Maybe I'm a bit too cynical, but yeah, quoted for truth. I do however also really enjoy complementing people wearing outfits i find beautiful. Creating the illusion that I actually have the power to validate someone..

SeptSeptSept: Been loving your fits lately, and the stooges looks amazing! Mine is the wearable love of my life.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I actually sometimes have benefited from waywt advice. I think if we stay away from flaming it can be constructive.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Docus may be honest with himself and as such come to those kind of conclusions and thats fine for him.
              I have been honest with myself and come to a different kind of conclusion,

I could post in the WAYWT or not post at all and I would not feel any different about myself..........I am just as comfortable in the biggest brand name as I am in a $5 per pack tee..........at the end the day, I really dont give a damn............I like fashion I like dressing up sometimes but there is more important stuff in life to think about

If Rosenrot wants to wear her outfit in 100 degree temperatures its fine. Let her be..........she looks good is comfortable so what the hell.............
              I think sometimes we allow ourselves to get carried away with a whole bunch of irrelevant BS that I wonder if we really have important stuff to think about
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

apparently we are all becoming more narcissistic as we become more technologic. i suppose we'll all be increasingly loser-like (as a society) in a few more years time

(i've been one for a while now. but whatever, i'm fucking awesome)

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I like to think the contemporary media situation doesn't reflect so bleakly on our personalities. Can't we consider this thread an intelligent dialogue of images rather than narcissistic cries for attention?
                  music

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

I enjoy seeing what other people put together. I'll post a fit when I both have the time to take a photo, and like what I take when I do so. The former is rarely; the latter necessarily a subset of the former, and so even rarer.
                    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                      I enjoy seeing what other people put together. I'll post a fit when I both have the time to take a photo, and like what I take when I do so. The former is rarely; the latter necessarily a subset of the former, and so even rarer.
                      My sentiments exactly.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

navel gazing is seemingly a generational thing, social media has created a mind-numbing air of self importance among 16-25 year olds (and beyond to an extent)

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

I think someone here said this a while ago on the subject

I think in the era of postmortem myspace and present-day facebook, people have never been more thrilled at the idea of putting photos of themselves on the internet.
                          As a society, when we got to the point where we were being sold cameras that take photos of the person holding the camera rather than what's on the opposite side, you know we have gone off the deep end of self-love and ego masturbation.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

why waste space and time with such quibble?
                            Rosenrot, you def turned the heat up with that.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                              why waste space and time with such quibble?
                              Rosenrot, you def turned the heat up with that.
                              Agreed. These arguments are tired and tiring. Especially strange from you, kunk; you post fits pretty often.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Looks good, you fucking narcissist.

On a serious note, I have a question. What do you (and others) think of pretty heavy footwear paired with shorts? Seems counter-intuitive, climate-wise.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎