X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^oh, I wasn't excluding myself. Just a general generational comment, tumblr, twitter and Facebook are a million times more narcissistic

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

i wore my combats with shorts the other day and it felt incongrouous, kind of like the fat kids who wear shorts in winter.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Looks good, you fucking narcissist.

On a serious note, I have a question. What do you (and others) think of pretty heavy footwear paired with shorts? Seems counter-intuitive, climate-wise.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        i wore my combats with shorts the other day and it felt incongrouous, kind of like the fat kids who wear shorts in winter.
        hey, i wear shorts in winter - are u calling me fat?

ps. incongruity is a good thing. never comply. not even with the weather.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yeah, but what if your ankles are cold!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

lol, no. and I am not even sure RO shorts are shorts generally.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            hey, i wear shorts in winter - are u calling me fat?

ps. incongruity is a good thing. never comply. not even with the weather.

Comment

• Oasis
              • Apr 2011

Looks good, you fucking narcissist.

On a serious note, I have a question. What do you (and others) think of pretty heavy footwear paired with shorts? Seems counter-intuitive, climate-wise.
              Most of the time, I just don't get the look. Shucks above is passable for me because the top half isn't heavy so on a moderately warm day it'd probably work..

I've seen fits with shorts and boots but the top half was something akin to a blazer, scarf and hat.. it just looks odd to me..
              Originally posted by christianef
              u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ That too. Can't we all just get along and not be reductive of people's motives?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

/\ That too. Can't we all just get along and not be reductive of people's motives?

lol. u fucking optimist. it's the internets.

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  lol, no. and I am not even sure RO shorts are shorts generally.
                  heh. yeah, ppl keep making skirt comments to me, so i guess i'm actually wearing boots and a skirt which makes the whole discussion above moot since skirt/boot combos have been worn for ages without women being told they are being meteorologically incongruous...

Comment

• shdws
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by docus View Post
                    Let's be honest with ourselves... WAYWT is primarily about narcissism. People don't generally want advice, they want to be told they look nice - or, if they do want advice, it's with the ultimate aim of looking nice in time. So it's the same either way. However, some people don't like to be reminded of their narcissistic vulnerability and needs, so they wrap their WAYWTs up in conceptual, philosophical, artistic language, to hide the awful truth that they're posting pictures of themselves to strangers on the internet.

I think there's a natural tendency to create a hierarchy in WAYWT to defend against the horrifying reality of our narcissistic fragility - we split off and project our anxiety about our neediness onto others, who we label as losers because they're just trying clothes on, whereas at least I'm wearing mine with authenticity... Face it, we're all losers.
                    Totally agreed, jolly good, well said kind sir.

Obviously in general it would be a lie to say choosing the right combinations and putting oneself together in the morning doesn't take some time. But fk...... seriously.....like seriously...... some fits on here just seem like they honestly would take said time X 3.68455.

As blunt as what I am about to say as well, some fits do seem to really cry out for attention. IDK I love simplicity, but things taken too far just annoy me, but that's just me. I'd probably die a little inside when it reaches a point where one day a person wears like 5 Rick leather jackets on top of one another and drapes several Julius tanks and tees to get some attention.

Also Shucks fit is fine, you can def wear shorts in winter, it's just the most important part you need warm is your upper half. Just think back to school days, don't you remember where you would wear shorts during winter if you played a sport.
                    Last edited by shdws; 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM.
                    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

One thing I have learned in my years on this earth is that all kinds of selfish and negative attitudes have been around as long as mankind has existed.......all technology and the changes in society does is to give people new and different outlets to manifest these attributes
                      in the same way the positive aspects of human character are manifested through these mediums...........
                      Last edited by zamb; 06-13-2012, 05:17 PM.
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        skirt/boot combos have been worn for ages without women being told they are being meteorologically incongruous...
                        i think women have been told too. one of the worst summer looks i can think of is women with skirts and boots past the ankle (pic below), though ankle boots usually look equally bad too. not even really a matter of climate congruency it just creates an annoying silhouette. and what kunk said about the fat kids - like you are stuck for options. and trying too hard. simple flip flops would look cooler.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

ah, you mean:

never happen.

and if my silhouette annoys you, so much the better.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

are you insane? why would you advocate flip flops? they are so disgusting

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                i think women have been told too. one of the worst summer looks i can think of is women with skirts and boots past the ankle (pic below), though ankle boots usually look equally bad too.
                                I wish I had a pound for every woman I've seen wearing a miniskirt and Uggs over the years. Would use the money to buy flats or something and hand them out for free to said offenders with a sad smile and look of reassurance in my eyes, "It's not too late, you can change".
                                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎