X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I missed a few days so I missed the real action and the original comment from Docus so I wanted to pipe in without dragging the thread too far back in that direction.

"I think in the era of postmortem myspace and present-day facebook, people have never been more thrilled at the idea of putting photos of themselves on the internet.
    As a society, when we got to the point where we were being sold cameras that take photos of the person holding the camera rather than what's on the opposite side, you know we have gone off the deep end of self-love and ego masturbation."

Those words were from a younger me...I still believe in them, for better or worse. But I agree with Zam, Faust and mortalveneer. I was never a very frequent contributor to WAYWT but I do think it in the context that it happens on SZ works in a way that people can learn something and take away some insight or tips. I know I certainly have over the years.

I've maybe contributed 7 times or so? Maybe 8. And only when it was convenient so it never really happened when I felt like I was truly all spruced up to impress. But more than anything, it felt like it was important to participate to be involved in the spirit of community. I've made positive and negative comments in the past here or there when I thought I could add something to the discussion so it's only fair that I put myself out there in a similar fashion.

I've always cropped my head, which I hope is some kind of indication of the level of commitment I have to involving my personal life with my online alter-ego. Not that the two are separate but I think everyone should be able to enjoy whatever bit of privacy they can find online these days and posting that way seemed to force attention more on the clothes.

But at its best, WAYWT has provided some amazing reference photos for those who like to see how other people wear certain pieces or styles. And it's encouraged discussions, for better or worse. The positive aspects have always outweighed the negative in my opinion and it's a thread that I always look forward to browsing. We did veer off track one time in a way that was pretty historic but looking back, it was kind of an interesting digression.

I enjoy it not because I think it's the real litmus test of what goes on in the forum but mostly because it's enjoyable to see people share a part of themselves with everyone else on here, when they don't always indulge us with a lot of text or opinions. They're contributing and that's what keeps the wheel turning.

Well, shit. Now I feel like I'm getting older and kinder.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• YoungM
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by morsto View Post
      Flipflops is just plain disgusting.
      This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on SZ. Of all the monstrously stupid looking shit people wear here, and everywhere, to complain about flip-flops like they're some kind of bizarre, horrifying aberration from God's plan is embarrassing. Who cares? Like language, it's impossible to speak objectively about it. Beyond that, how can you make such a blanket statement? I think gigantic, bottle sized glasses and sunglasses look ridiculous, but I don't feel the need to drop in with an

"OH MY GOD! THE HORROR!"

whenever they're mentioned.

i don't even curr though, Shucks looks fucking awesome.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

heh. thanx for that.

neodym: i always get some sort of punk vibe from your pix - and that's a good thing. you wear that stooges well btw.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

What beardown says is very true for me as well. I love seeing well-put-together people and also can get a clue or two about how to style what I own. And, yes, this threads never fails to deliver spirited discussions
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

As always Jogu - great. Down to the smallest detail

Neodym - as Shucks said (looking good, btw.), you wear that stooges well. And I also do smell a certain vibe from your look, especially given your haircut. But I would rather say it's a post-punk one, thinking about Sonic Youth and the likes :)
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Last two pics shot by BSR

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by YoungM View Post
                This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on SZ. Of all the monstrously stupid looking shit people wear here, and everywhere, to complain about flip-flops like they're some kind of bizarre, horrifying aberration from God's plan is embarrassing. Who cares? Like language, it's impossible to speak objectively about it. Beyond that, how can you make such a blanket statement? I think gigantic, bottle sized glasses and sunglasses look ridiculous, but I don't feel the need to drop in with an

"OH MY GOD! THE HORROR!"

whenever they're mentioned.

i don't even curr though, Shucks looks fucking awesome.
                Was this post written wearing flipflops?

The conversation was on sandals and flipflops, and I weighed in.
                You ask "Who cares?".. do you know where you are? In a very opinionated forum about clothes. People here care about appearance of their footwear.
                You could, however, provide one single outfit where sandals/flipflips(lol) don't drag down the outfit and I will edit my post to read "Flipflops are (sometimes) disgusting" instead.~
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

christian i like it especially the 2nd pic in front of the tagged up wall . also the belt , like how the length of the tshirt stops rite at the waist line above the belt which adds some nice lil detailing between the top half and bottm. shucks i wear boots yr round too . rick shorts are kinda long and i like how they look w/ boots

i been travelin alot recently , camping & fishin and other natureboy stuff , finally went back to read all the comments in the past few pages . there have been times when ive seen someone post a fit w/ somethin i also own but never thought to style that way and im like hmmmm thats a good idea plus i love seein how stuff looks on others . i like sharin ideas , my cam was from bestbuy years ago and didnt even come in a box , was in that hard plastic pack for like $90 , have to tape the battery down cos i lost the lid so sometimes its a pain in the ass to take a picture but still try to .
                  theres some real fuckin good creativity on here . i see guys post a fit that on paper id consider kinda plain like leather-denim-boots but when i see the fit in a picture im sometimes surprised like oh wow very nice . i dont read other fashion forums but ive browsed thru em and ill get a good idea of what kinda clothes those guys are into based on their waywt

far as this idea fits on here have be shown outside or standin in a crowd of strangers to be legit, nahhhhhhh . what if someone posts a fit thats real good rite but they were indoors at an office monkey job vs if they wore the same fuckin thing but were standin near a bunch of ppl crossin a street , that fits more legit now ? noooo way man
                  Last edited by jogu; 06-16-2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: violence :(

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

Comment

• Unexist
                      • May 2012

Christian like your outfit ! Derbies is awesome!

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                        are you insane? why would you advocate flip flops? they are so disgusting

i think she looks cute. i wear my silk rick shorts with flip flops all the time.

come to think of it i dooo like the shorter rick shorts with those boots from ss 08

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

she would look cuter in ballet flats or dirty white chucks

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

She reminds me of the days when I had to run to the campus to submit my essay 5 minutes before the deadline. Agree on the white chucks though.

rilu, front looks great, back view is even better
                            Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by rilu
                              Wore these Stella McCartney's boots today, really like them so much :) The jacket is by CDG, the bag by tomatous, and the tunic by Sarah Pacini.

more pics, and one more but with eyes closed :)
                              Wow, you look beautiful here Rilu. Love how long your legs look and the shoes are gorgeous. Also nice to see you in something other than a full skirt, even though I love those on you as well.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Agreed with Vanna. Very beautiful, rilu.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎