Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unexist
    • May 2012

If shirt will be whole black , your thoughts will be different ?
    "I think you know much about appeal !"

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    Haha my thoughts exactly, the printed shirt only adds to the appeal

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

lowrey: the hem width of the trousers seems to dwarf the augustas so that part doesn't sit well with me but it may just be my personal bias against wide hems... but you do look really damn good

ZAM: is that the copper colored faulted seam? btw I gotta figure out what you do with your scarves that looks so good

MBD's stylist friend wears clothes well and the apron is really really nicely styled.

unexist, sorry i dont like that fit. it makes a bunch of nice expensive stuff look not that good. its lke something that might work on AKANYC but not on others

but hey who am i to say if i dont post a better fit right?

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

this place is getting more and more ridiculous, even by this places' standards.

sheesh, mbd you cool and all but styling of an APRON? c'mon man, it's an APRON, on a DUDE. yeah i can see a chic (you) havin some fun with the apron but everything wasn't meant to be unisex. call me whatever ya want and I know I have no cred but chics can wear and style stuff that guys can't, or shouldn't. I'm not sayin the apron looks feminine but I just don't see a dude wearing it without looking like a "try to hard fashion victim"

no disrespect mbd. you have more than earned your rep and I'm sure you couldn't care less about my comments. The tone of your posts suggest that somehow you are personally invested in the apron. If so, I hope I'm alone in my feelings.

I do, however, look forward to your apron fit

and, unexist looks fine. maybe not 4k? fine but fine nonetheless.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
          this place is getting more and more ridiculous, even by this places' standards.

sheesh, mbd you cool and all but styling of an APRON?

It's tough to train an old dog new tricks, huh?

MBD

p.s. look, if I like an apron I like an apron. I like how this was what designers did with an idea reinstated boldly with Rick Mens SS 2012 to make that silhouette more wearable. It's innovation. I understand how the limits of your imagination might make it difficult to conceive any such thing beyond "woman,""kitchen,""apron."

But no disrespect brah.
          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
            lowrey: the hem width of the trousers seems to dwarf the augustas so that part doesn't sit well with me but it may just be my personal bias against wide hems... but you do look really damn good

ZAM: is that the copper colored faulted seam? btw I gotta figure out what you do with your scarves that looks so good

MBD's stylist friend wears clothes well and the apron is really really nicely styled.

unexist, sorry i dont like that fit. it makes a bunch of nice expensive stuff look not that good. its lke something that might work on AKANYC but not on others

but hey who am i to say if i dont post a better fit right?

its the copper color, fabric but this is the raglan version, not the faulted.
            I owe you big time so expect a package so big it won't be able to fit through your door when I return to the USofA.

this color, and our tees in general has been a big hit in Paris. we had one of the most stylish man in Paris place a major private order on them......but I guess I should say that cause Its constant self promotion

I can tell you the hem on Lowreys shorts look better in person, I took his pic, so maybe i screwed up on that
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
              It's tough to train an old dog new tricks, huh?

MBD

But no disrespect brah.
              not hard if proper reinforcement is used and if I were worried about gettin disrespected, I wouldn't be here...... sista

btw: the kitchen connotation NEVER ENTERED MY MIND...

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by volta
                apron should have stayed in the kitchen.
                kidding. but it's not as special as you want it to be.

that is because you never saw it in person,
                this kid is one of the most stylish around these parts for fashion week.........also working at a Major brand in our market and wears the clothes well.

not gonna get into the fight going on though.........

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

yeah i can see a chic (you) havin some fun with the apron but everything wasn't meant to be unisex.
                  Uhhh - this was straight out of the L & F Paris MENS FASHION WEEK RACKS for SS 2013.

That said, the "sex" of a garment is frequently nothing but a cultural construct. Sure, the person wearing it matters. Context matters.

If you are so stuck in your rigid gender orthodoxies, ain't my problem.

The tone of your posts suggest that somehow you are personally invested in the apron. If so, I hope I'm alone in my feelings.
                  Right, I've got the intellectual property rights on an apron.

Keep in mind that this is one in a series of pieces that I thought were fantastic.

MBD
                  Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-29-2017, 12:46 AM.
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

next up; ccp scrotum coat.
                    'you just don't understand it'

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                      Uhhh this was straight out of the L & F Paris MENS FASHION WEEK RACKS for SS 2013.

Right, I've got the intellectual property rights on an apron.

MDB
                      so?

you totally missed my point. I'm not saying that aprons are gender specific. my point has nuthin to do with cultural constructs and/or my sposed rigid gender orthodoxies or lack of imagination
                      ....Its all good and the next time I see a dude sportin' a styled apron I'll be sure to remember where I saw it first.

and,good luck with the property rights.

@merz: I wore aprons for 4 years vending @ ballparks & MSG. I still wear them while cooking. I never styled them tho

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                        Yo endorphins, ever work in a shop mate? I know when I've been in one, I either had a labcoat or an apron- and I'd much rather go with the latter. The fellow looks great and hopefully he'll be posting more often from here on- would much rather see that instead of more sartorial confusion from the gulf.
                        I wear both lab coats and Aprons when i am working in my studio

A Lab coat in the winter and aprons in the summer.

I was just actually on my way home from Dinner and thinking alone by myself about this exact same issue........
                        While I am indeed a gender specify person, and don't buy too much into the idea of unisex clothing, i understand perfectly that the type of clothing we wear as women and men are purely a social construct, and as intelligent people we have to be careful to read too much into things and to relegate certain items of clothing only to specific genders........Butchers wear aprons...........and for the most part they've always been male

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Endorphinz........

I agree with you about this pace being ridiculous sometimes,

but what I find ridiculous is the constant fawning over items from certain brands, regardless of how sloppy they are put together. I always thought that SZ was about great style and an acute awareness of the fit clothing in relation to individual body type and such.
                          Of late this seems to not be the case, there is almost a case of throw on this brand, and regardless of how badly it looks the compliments will come.........
                          Another disturbing thing is the constant glorification of dead brands that no longer exist, where a lot of the items may have been genius, but a lot of it was crap too.
                          Im not gonna name names because as a designer I am in an uncomfortable position of not wanting to berate peoples work, but lets cal a spade a space, and call bull bleep on things that are no good regardless of the name on the label

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

c'mon man, it's an APRON, on a DUDE. yeah i can see a chic (you) havin some fun with the apron but everything wasn't meant to be unisex. call me whatever ya want and I know I have no cred but chics can wear and style stuff that guys can't, or shouldn't. I'm not sayin the apron looks feminine but I just don't see a dude wearing it without looking like a "try to hard fashion victim"

srs shut up
                            boys can wear dresses and heelz and shit
                            including this one
                            <-----
                            no hate 4 ladyboys

Comment

• just ignore him, baby.

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

buy me some cute shoez to take my mind off it, sugar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎