• josecc
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
    click for full
    Where is this place? Thanks

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

Last edited by Dropt; 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Supel
        • Apr 2011

Enaml, this location is in Tokyo right? Literally underground to withhold the wet season?

Comment

• Calimero
          • Jul 2010

the place is right here

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

i have been gone for a bit and just went thru all sorts of new posts i missed and this post kind of struck me:

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            Endorphinz........

I agree with you about this place being ridiculous sometimes,

but what I find ridiculous is the constant fawning over items from certain brands, regardless of how sloppy they are put together...

Another disturbing thing is the constant glorification of dead brands that no longer exist, where a lot of the items may have been genius, but a lot of it was crap too...
            and zam, i think i've seen you mention something like this a couple of times now. like in the sruli recht thread you said:

Originally posted by zamb
            Sometimes I really laugh at the comments made on this forum.
            The reverence given to labels that made crap that no longer exist and the lack of respect given to people who are really trying to do something different and offering an alternative to the bland and boring crap offered up by heroes who can do no wrong.........
            so i am hoping you will offer up a bit more info. i am not challenging you, or calling you out or anything, but i am asking for some clarification. this is exactly what i would say over a beer with u at happy hour or something

it doesn't even need to be zam to respond to this. could just be anyone that agrees with this perspective.

if for no other reason than to back up the point and possibly spark some interesting debate. a lively discussion may ensue.

which brands are fawned over regardless of what they produce? and why do you think that happens? what about these designs is unworthy? or is it more that we are often seeing that an outfit is praised because it is made up of certain labels, regardless of poor styling? is this more about the wearer than the item?

which labels that no longer exist are revered for everything they made, even if it is crap? which ones are bland and boring? or is it that its just been around a while and thats what bores you because its so familiar

3. which labels out there are doing great things, but not getting credit for it? is the reverence paid to older labels somehow taking away from what these new guys deserve? does respect for the elders mean disrespect for the youngsters? or is it that the youngsters just haven't earned it yet? which young designers do you believe are not getting their due?

and again, this is not somehow calling you out zam. you know you're my boo . i am just genuinely interested to hear more from you on this. or from anyone that shares this opinion.

and also, i am bringing this up because i'd like to see more input and discussion in the seasonal collections thread. especially when all the designers are showcasing their new collections. i'd like to see more activity there. i'd like to see more designers there. even some of the more mainstream ones. i think there is a lot to see and a lot to talk about but we tend to stick to the same handful of designers. which is fine. i get it. i personally have narrowed my closet to about 6 designers max. including zam barrett!! but theres still lots of fun stuff to see and discuss...
            Last edited by cjbreed; 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• josecc
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Calimero View Post
              the place is right here
              Thank you very much, a really impressive place, nice photo

Comment

• Unexist
                • May 2012

Like a sci-fi movie background ! Awesome

Comment

• eleven crows
                  • Mar 2011

That place is most definitely the end zone of the original Total Recall. Damn that movie owned.

I'd also be interested to see Zam's answer to CJ's post. I expect the answer to the first will be CCP, and the second maybe CDiem. Can't think of anything else it could be

Comment

• Carcass
                    • May 2010

^L'Maltieri, Linea, etc.,... We keep bringing out archival pieces that symbolize this ideal that things were better one hundred years ago. While this may be the case, and the zeitgeist may be moving slowly in the direction of this ideal, it seems like something we should be building on rather that something we should be sitting on to wait for everyone else to understand.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

A quick snap on the way out. Loving the Carpe, fellas.

Old blazer (which is green, not black)
                      Rick tee
                      LUC wrong tension
                      CCP Spiral :)
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• liberty_of_style
                        • Aug 2011

The second pic: Quadratic-Practish-Guut

Forgive me, but in this case I would pulled up the silhouette to sky.

And may be it depends on the quality of photo, BUT you killed CCP by it. It looks like the wrestler of 80's get back home.
                        May be that pony-tail mixed-up?
                        I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• mattizzle
                          • Oct 2011

RO
                          CCP

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Beau, for me the bottom part is far too light compared with the upper : the blazer may be green, but still, it looks like a very dark green. Plus, bunching pants tucked in boots don't go well with the volume and relatively soft, clean lines up the waist.
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

I agree, It is a slightly darker green. I think I'll need a lighter blazer or heavy shirt to go with the outfit. Light pants and light boots are a bit bold to just toss whatever happened to be in the trunk of my car over.

I do prefer the pants outside of the boots, but at the same time, I love to show off. Cheers guys. ;)

PS. I feel I need to pull off the wrestler look if Kunk and I plan to take on the A Team in a fashionable heavyweight tag team match. Just be thankful I didn't wear my sparkly CCP briefs I'm saving for the championship.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• liberty_of_style
                                • Aug 2011

Just be thankful I didn't wear my sparkly CCP briefs I'm saving for the championship

Yeeaahhh
                                I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎