• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

hi, it's me again.

still photo, static pic, 1 frame...... looks absolutely amazing. try as I might I can not visualize that fit (you) in motion looking good. it just seems so damn cumbersome and that any movement would involve so much work.

just read the comments: one wants to see motion and another wants it to be cast in stone. one discounts the impracticality of the boots and declares emotion wins. how fluid can a fit be if walking is a problem ..... not even gonna get into the heat (temperature) thing.

I absolutely love the fit. truly, honestly,seriously. The pic is as good as anything I've ever seen in any magazine.

However, I can't imagine it in motion on a Singapore street in mid summer

all this is just an opinion of one very old dude who apparently has no imagination and has been damned by societal/cultural constructs.

I too would love to see a 15 second video of this fit in action.

absolutely no hate intended. The fit captured in that pic is as good as it gets. PERIOD.
    My shortsighted brain just can not visualize it being fluid irl doin rl stuff.

and yeah, I debated the wisdom of my posting my comments but all I'm questioning is the rl practicality of the fit. There is absolutely no question that the fit represented in that 1 frame is PERFECT.

As stated, it's a great photograph . I'd love to see a great video.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

I have seen her wearing this kimono irl and i am sure it is better than in photo.
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

Rosenrot Daaaaammn, HOF for sure

killah Really liking that, especially the layering in patterns of the SS and Ann cardigans. Speaking of which I really need to get that Ann cardi, it reminds me of something my dad would wear on a plain white shalwar kameez, so it's cool in my books
        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• silent/rick/dbss/shit
          Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Rosenrot
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
            Great photograph, Rosenrot. Definitely goes above and beyond WAYWT. Looks extremely hard to live in/'out there,' but I think that's the point, I guess. Honestly can't stand those boots when I've seen them on other people, but they seem to work in this context.

Would be interested in seeing more of your kimono. Doesn't look to have a traditional kimono cut based on the sleeves - could you post some photos of it?
            It's a rather aggressive pair of boots, but I think Heirloom wore them well a few months ago. I'll PM you photos of the kimono in a bit.

endorphinz, thank you for the polite request, but I must clarify some points here.

how fluid can a fit be if walking is a problem
            I'm wondering how you came to that conclusion because I'm assuming you haven't tried on the boots before. They may look cumbersome but they're easy to walk in, at least for me anyway. Rick happens to make some of the most comfortable wedges. Now this is borderline uncomfortable for me. Also what real-life stuff were you referring to? I confess I wasn't doing any chores or manual labour, but I had no problem taking the public transport, walking about, and having tea.

However, I can't imagine it in motion on a Singapore street in mid summer
            Since you're touching on weather, I can't help but to talk about temperature again, just to clear things up once and for all. I agree that I'd be rather uncomfortable if I had to stay out in the Sun, but I didn't have to. I'm not sure what I need to say to drive the point home, 80% of the time I'm out and about is spent in artificial 20-24 deg. Celcius weather.

Speaking of which, didn't someone called Fark get the same flak sometime ago?

I've lived in both tropical and temperate countries, and I have come to the realisation that my thought process in choosing attires differs greatly in both climates. Back in Melbourne/London, aside from activity and occasion, the most important factor in choosing what to wear is obviously the weather, because I'd be exposed to it most of the time, not to mention it can be rather extreme. I'd be a barking mad pillock if I were to wear that fit in high summer.

Fast forward to my present location, I'd be more concerned whether it's going to rain (which will determine if I can wear delicates), my activities for the day and how much time is spent indoors vs outdoors.

Too often in fashion forums people ask whether boots are appropriate for summer. Here I see boys and girls sporting Doc Martens/military boots all year round and noone bats an eyelid (anymore). When you're faced with a constant temperature of 25-33 deg. Celcius, the term weather-appropriate becomes less relevant because there is simply no weather to speak of other than wet or warm. We don't need to dress for snow, nor extreme heat wave. One's lifestyle and level of comfort are more important in influencing the choice of dress. While most people still opt for t-shirts and shorts, you can expect to see punks in full-on leather jackets, tight jeans and leather boots, should you ever drop by.

I'm not sure what a video is going to do for you. There's no difference in how this fit affects my activities, whether in London or Singapore. If someone else were to wear the same things but located in some cold country you probably wouldn't have given it much thought. I'm not discounting the possibility, I just won't be doing it anytime soon. The only reasons I'd make one is to show how awesome kimonos can be, and that the boots are very much walkable.

This is the second time I'm writing as I accidentally wiped everything out the first time and it's getting rather late. I hope what I've said makes sense, but if you'd like to continue the conversation I'd rather do it over PM.

p.s. I don't dress like this all the time

Jin, why do you look so angry?
            Last edited by Rosenrot; 07-22-2012, 11:32 AM.
            Originally posted by Patroklus
            Better too adventurous than not enough
            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Rosenrot, hmm, donno. apparently, this is an involuntary reaction to a new wave of misunderstanding from the some people that if anyone feels comfortable in a multilayered clothing in a tropical climate, it is his (her) own business. Maybe they had never heard of such things as "own thermobalance" and "habituation to the climate zone".

And as always: great photo, awesome styling, nice nice nice Rosenrot

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

^ Jin, strangely enough, I happen to like your fit a lot. If I were under the injunction of dressing urban someday, that's the way I'd do it : clean lines, straight to the point. Not the glasses maybe.

Rosenrot, I really try to like those boots, but I can't. I understand their purpose in the whole thing though, but I guess I'd have prefered something less heavy, even at the cost of a more previsible silhouette. Everything above those is stunning though.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• thanks, MM, agreed. at least need another glasses

Q, ..and we're angry cos Russia is all around us? maybe

Comment

• the-orb
                    • Jun 2009

Jin, I realize that the loose fit is intentional, but I feel like one size smaller of the hoodie might fit you better.

Comment

• Originally posted by the-orb View Post
                      Jin, I realize that the loose fit is intentional, but I feel like one size smaller of the hoodie might fit you better.
                      I see what you mean, but I think it could be important in the case of another hoodie, with sharp clear lines someth like grandma's aviator maybe. DD hoodies always look pretty loose.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

i love that fit Jin so much presence even though it's a casual getup don't change a thing
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• thank you, FtB, but Moth is right, glasses are redundant

Comment

• JSebbe
                            • Mar 2008

just a little something

ann d heaven tank
                            ann d waistcoat
                            ann d pantsy
                            guidi shoes

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                              • Jun 2012

Nice look. Can't really see the Guidis, but I'm sure they are baller.
                              I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• aviatic
                                l&f
                                dd
                                dbss
                                ro dunks
                                (finally)
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎